In an organization, …
Mobile Access (234)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Slack, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Slack is a group messaging or team collaboration app that aims to simplify communication for businesses. Features include open discussions, private groups, and direct messaging, as well as deep contextual search and message archiving, and file sharing. Slack integrates with a number of other tools, such as MailChimp, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Slack was acquired by Salesforce in December 2020.
The product is free to use, and also has paid plans with more features and greater controls.
The company has raised $340M in funding and boasts 800k users.
- Improved inner office communication
- Remote employees are able to get answers and help quickly
- Sometimes status does not update properly, which can cause some issues
- Being able to quickly search for and review past conversations is super helpful.
- Very simple and straight forward system that allows for clear communication.
- Channels = Allows to team to join into a GC of sorts to talk about priorities and questions.
- Improved communication
- Higher efficiency
- Helped connect our distributed team across different time zones.
- Increased transparency from upper management
- Streamlined communication across all teams
- Improved employee culture and unity
- I don't have any numbers to provide for ROI but it I know it is a very useful tool for our company
- it has increased or maintained our collaboration while remote
- reduced the amount of time to response compared to email or voicemail
- searchable chats helps keep record of conversations
- Chats with external workers in the project
- Document sharing is flexible
- Group discussions with other team members and restrictions on who can be added to the group
- not a direct impact
- more organization that revenue generating
- easier communication has indirect positive influence
- I do not know the results in money, but in times of pandemic this tool was very useful for communicating together.
- Tracking orders easily.
- Time saving.
- Helps you in being well-organized.
- You have all in one app.
- Value of money with features.
- Good to start with free version for small organization.
- Overall best among the market with respect to price and features.
- SMART goals achieved faster with integration.
- Quick communication.
- Work sorting.
- Collaboration during pandemic
- Higher employee engagement rate
- It is very useful, overall.
- It makes employee communication easy.
- [It] makes work simple.
- allows our sales team to communicate and collaborate on projects
- made our sales team much more efficient
- Positive impact: good for chatting with peers through direct messages.
- Positive impact: good for chatting with peers in channels.
- Positive impact: good for replying on various threads.
- Negative impact: share screen while doing huddle, it hangs/freezes.
- Negative impact: multiple screen share is not allowed together.
- Saves time on additional conversations with 1 hour.
- Saves time for document organizing with 1 hour.
- Easy communication, everybody is happy.
- Positive -> Easier collaboration as and when required with the ease of use of the tool.
- Negative -> Too much communication (partly because of the ease of use) which might result in introducing a lack of structure and makeing it overly informal.
- It replaced our previously widely used GChat, since it has more features
- Quickly contact colleagues for assistance
- Share well-formatted code snippets
- Separate business concerns into channels
- It enabled Cross Border Communications
- Fairly inexpensive way of communicating instantly
- Easy to connect with other people.
- No need to use other app for screen and audio calls.
- Integrate other apps so we can add multiple apps in one platform.
- Save the developer's time.