Slack Reviews

Tom Laughlin | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 25, 2020

How our remote offices use Slack to remain connected

Support Rating

I don't need to be very technical to use the Slack or to integrate tools into Slack. Adding an app (integration) is seamless and the platform walks me through the process. I can communicate with my colleagues quickly either with chat or by using the call feature to phone them. If I ever have a product question, I can quickly go to one of our product channels and search for related questions or pose a question that our experts monitor. These features have made me more effective in my day and in managing my customer base.
Read Tom Laughlin's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Lightning Fast Communicating

Support Rating

Slack has built a product that has rare downtime which means that the company is investing the time and money to constantly have a well-running product. I have never had the need to reach out to Slack for support help, but I have read articles about how great their support is and how they care about their users.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Logan Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Positive Slack Review

Support Rating

I have not had a problem with Slack to date. It has always worked for me and allows me to communicate with all members of my team regardless of if they are in the office or not. I am able to search for all conversations and refer to anything previously mentioned. Gifs are awesome too.
Read Logan Turner's full review
Harshit Bhattaram | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 31, 2019

Slack! All amazing items in a single package.

Support Rating

We've been as an organisation thoroughly impressed at the way Slack has helped us become more productive and made a positive impact in the way we get things done. The support team has also helped us in solving any issues we faced during installation and also an upgrade to meet more requirements as we grow and become a bigger organisation.
Read Harshit Bhattaram's full review
Mary Vasquez | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

Slack is a very good tool for maintaining communication between departments and managers in any company.

Support Rating

Slack's technical support needs to improve a lot in terms of customer service, sometimes they treat customers badly, and many times we prefer to call support in English. They are friendlier and empathic in that sense. Also, they need to improve their response times. When you send them a ticket, they take up to 7 days and their answers are not very clear and offer a vague idea of what you can do to solve any problem you have.
Read Mary Vasquez's full review
Prad Das | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 02, 2020

Slack at an IT Campus

Support Rating

So far I am happy after switching from HipChat. This tool is much more easier to browse and search than our previous one. Slack's user community from University of Minnesota was also very involved to find some solutions. Previously our end users were skeptical to use HipChat to avoid cumbersome and lengthy messages. But on Slack this is not the case anymore. We see more and more people are joining or creating new channels.
Read Prad Das's full review
May 21, 2020

Slack... One-stop solution for business communication

Support Rating

Their documentation is good. We can easily learn about any newly launched feature using that. In past, I went through the documentation to integrate Slack with few monitoring application like AppOptics and documentation was well described to easily set up the things.
April 15, 2020

Slack is a solid group-communication platform. Clean, easy, intuitive. Offers a rich feature set and integrations.

Support Rating

We've found them responsive when we needed them. But in fact, the online info and the usability of the product were straightforward and sufficient. We haven't had to test support for anything critical (yet). In general, we are satisfied to-date.
February 16, 2020

Slack, the best 4 in 1 solution

Support Rating

I haven't personally had to rely on Slack's support, but from what colleagues have told me there are no issues with contact Slack's support team in a quick and comprehensive manner. .
March 17, 2020

Slack

Support Rating

I am indifferent because I haven’t had to use Slack support for any reason.
Benjamin Plotkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 28, 2019

On the Slack Line: a Fun and Balanced Communications Tool

Support Rating

Whenever I've had to troubleshoot an issue with Slack (which, to be honest, has not happened very often), their online documentation has been easy to locate, easy to understand, and effective in resolving my issue. Slack's ever-growing popularity also means that there's a large community of practice out there that can be depended upon.
Read Benjamin Plotkin's full review
Lokesh Meena | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

More than a mobile messaging app, it's Slack...

Support Rating

Slack has a nice knowledge base and documentation. Slack is a well known and widely used tool, so we could easily find support articles over the internet. And most of the time, support wasn't needed, as its UI explains most of the things in advance. There are so many blogs about it too.
Read Lokesh Meena's full review
Jason Smith, DPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2019

Second go around with Slack not so good, why do we use this thing?

Support Rating

Well there is not much to support so what else would you give it? Actually, I think that Slack deserves the above rating because it seems to go down and become inaccessible for a variety of reasons. It always seems that these outages are not explained and that kind of leaves you wondering.
Read Jason Smith, DPA's full review
Roberto Antonio Costinho Sosa | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 07, 2019

Slack is much more than an instant messaging application

Support Rating

Slack's support is very good, he has answered every question made in detail. He also suggested the implementation of some useful applications for the web development team. The attention was personalized and constant.
Read Roberto Antonio Costinho Sosa's full review
Layne Latham | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 26, 2019

Slack, good if you need to chat

Support Rating

At some point during the implementation, Slack held a customer webinar that was intended to take new users through many of the features of the program. This was the most helpful thing we've had to access during my use of the tool. Other than that I haven't had to use much support.
Read Layne Latham's full review
John Chavez | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 26, 2019

If you want a great way to chat than pick up the Slack.

Support Rating

The app and the office app had very little issues. It freezing, as a I mentioned before, could have been more on our end but we never had a problem with it being a permanent issue or a constant issue as it happened rarely. So, the reason I scored it so high is because the app has very little problems, if any.
Read John Chavez's full review

Task Management (95)
Gantt Charts (35)
Scheduling (70)
Workflow Automation (80)
Mobile Access (167)
Search (166)
Visual planning tools (47)
Chat (180)
9.7
Notifications (178)
Discussions (174)
Surveys (90)
Internal knowledgebase (93)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (47)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (85)
Integrates with Outlook (53)
Versioning (73)
Video files (138)
Audio files (134)
Document collaboration (113)
Access control (99)
Advanced security features (83)
Integrates with Google Drive (104)
Device sync (109)

About Slack

Slack is a group messaging or team collaboration app that aims to simplify communication for businesses. Features include open discussions, private groups, and direct messaging, as well as deep contextual search and message archiving, and file sharing. Slack integrates with a number of other tools, such as MailChimp, Dropbox, and Google Drive.

The product is free to use, and also has paid plans with more features and greater controls.

The company has raised $340M in funding and boasts 800k users.