Great Communication Solution

May 17, 2022
Slack has become a central communication tool within our organization. As we've grown in size, it makes it much easier to group teams or …

Team collaboration tool

April 20, 2022
We used Slack groups for specific teams and projects. It provides a closed space for team members to collaberate with each other sharing …

Amazing and a must to have !

March 28, 2022
We use it all working day long between each other to follow all our projects. Brief, back and forth, approvals, QA, changes requests and …

Keep a Slack in Your Bag

February 25, 2022
We use Slack for daily, 'quick' communication with coworkers. For each department, localization, topic, or team we've got different …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

9.2

Discussions (243)

9.2

Notifications (249)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Slack, and make your voice heard!

Standard

Per User Per Month

Plus

Per User Per Month

Project Management

Communication

File Sharing & Management

What is Slack?

The company has raised $340M in funding and boasts 800k users.

Slack Video

Work in progress | Slack

Slack Integrations

Slack Competitors

Slack Technical Details

What is Slack?

Slack is a group messaging or team collaboration app that aims to simplify communication for businesses. Features include open discussions, private groups, and direct messaging, as well as deep contextual search and message archiving, and file sharing. Slack integrates with a number of other tools, such as MailChimp, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Slack was acquired by Salesforce in December 2020. The product is free to use, and also has paid plans with more features and greater controls. The company has raised $340M in funding and boasts 800k users.

What is Slack's best feature?

Reviewers rate Chat highest, with a score of 9.7.

Who uses Slack?

The most common users of Slack are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Tom Laughlin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I don't need to be very technical to use the Slack or to integrate tools into Slack. Adding an app (integration) is seamless and the platform walks me through the process. I can communicate with my colleagues quickly either with chat or by using the call feature to phone them. If I ever have a product question, I can quickly go to one of our product channels and search for related questions or pose a question that our experts monitor. These features have made me more effective in my day and in managing my customer base.
November 20, 2020

Slack is fine

I've never had to contact support for Slack which is a great testament to its ease and use. Adding people outside of the organization takes a little getting used to, but ultimately allows for greater collaboration between FTE and contractors. There is no clear alternative to this software, so it's the best we can do for now.
Amod Shinde | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Slack's help page offers almost everything you need to know about using Slack.
  • It provides options like getting started, using Slack, profiles, preferences, administration and customization of workspace, and roles and rights of the users, a tutorial for the integration of tools into your Slack workspace.
  • Slack also gives an option to contact them where we can report bugs or ask questions by attaching a file and sending a query.
  • The customer support is quite good, whether you are a free user or paid customer, the responses from the support team are very quick and, of course, you get added attention if you are a paying customer.
There is a lot of online documentation available and it is quite easy to open a ticket and get a fairly rapid response. Some more in-product help options would make it easier for the less technically inclined folks to find answers to their questions more quickly though. Being an end user, I can't speak to the quality of the support given when reaching out directly to the Account Manager.
Their documentation is good. We can easily learn about any newly launched feature using that. In past, I went through the documentation to integrate Slack with few monitoring application like AppOptics and documentation was well described to easily set up the things.
Mary Vasquez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack's technical support needs to improve a lot in terms of customer service, sometimes they treat customers badly, and many times we prefer to call support in English. They are friendlier and empathic in that sense. Also, they need to improve their response times. When you send them a ticket, they take up to 7 days and their answers are not very clear and offer a vague idea of what you can do to solve any problem you have.
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Slack has built a product that has rare downtime which means that the company is investing the time and money to constantly have a well-running product. I have never had the need to reach out to Slack for support help, but I have read articles about how great their support is and how they care about their users.
January 10, 2020

Positive Slack Review

I have not had a problem with Slack to date. It has always worked for me and allows me to communicate with all members of my team regardless of if they are in the office or not. I am able to search for all conversations and refer to anything previously mentioned. Gifs are awesome too.
January 02, 2020

Slack at an IT Campus

So far I am happy after switching from HipChat. This tool is much more easier to browse and search than our previous one. Slack's user community from University of Minnesota was also very involved to find some solutions. Previously our end users were skeptical to use HipChat to avoid cumbersome and lengthy messages. But on Slack this is not the case anymore. We see more and more people are joining or creating new channels.
I've honestly never had to reach out to Slack's support. I am not the account holder, but I've heard nothing negative from our account holder, which is always good news. The platform is so simple and easy to use, that it's extremely rare that anyone will need to reach out to support.
Slack has a nice knowledge base and documentation. Slack is a well known and widely used tool, so we could easily find support articles over the internet. And most of the time, support wasn't needed, as its UI explains most of the things in advance. There are so many blogs about it too.
Jason Smith, DPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Well there is not much to support so what else would you give it? Actually, I think that Slack deserves the above rating because it seems to go down and become inaccessible for a variety of reasons. It always seems that these outages are not explained and that kind of leaves you wondering.