Smartlook--a new game-changer

October 27, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

Free

Free forever

per month 1,500 sessions

• Setup fee optionalOptional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.smartlook.com/pricing

What is Smartlook?

Smartlook is an analytics solution tool for websites, iOS/Android apps, and various app frameworks, that answers the "whys" behind users' actions. It helps users understand precisely how customers interact with website and app — watch recordings, create heatmaps, use automatic tracked events, and build conversion funnels. Data is seen on one central dashboard, which enables sharing and collaborating with colleagues. This is to support clear, data-driven decision-making for product managers, marketers, UX designers and developers, and help them improve each website and app by reducing churn rates, boosting conversions, identifying and fixing bugs, and improving UX.

Smartlook offers the ability to record users’ behavior in Unity games. The vendor states clients include Madfinger Games, MobilityWare, and Awesome Prototype.

Smartlook started in 2016 and currently boasts more than 2,800 paying organizations across the globe including companies like Paxful, Sky, Volvo, Vogue, Papa Johns, Miele, and Livestorm.

Smartlook Screenshots

HeatmapsRecordingsDashboardsEventsFunnelsAnalytics for websites & mobile apps

Smartlook Videos

Smartlook helps analyze user behavior. It provides qualitative information that helps to understand in-depth what’s going on in apps and websites.
Smartlook: How Fitify uses Smartlook to understand their visitors. Fitify is a workout app to lose weight, burn fat, build muscle & strength. Check out how Fitify uses Smartlook to understand their visitors.
Events introduction. Events are essential for any kind of analysis. They show how users interact with content. Be it a page, video, button, pop-up window or a newly released SaaS feature. Events describes what needs to be changed to improve conversions.
Heatmaps introduction. Heatmaps are a visual way of seeing aggregated data that shows what works and what doesn’t work. They show where people click and where they move their mouse, and how far they scroll on a page.
Smartlook SDK Recording. This short video showcases some of the many features available for mobile app recording in Smartlook.

Smartlook Integrations

Enterprises (more than 500 employees)20%

Smartlook Technical Details

Supported CountriesGlobal
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What are Smartlook's top competitors?

Hotjar, Mixpanel, and Heap are common alternatives for Smartlook.

What is Smartlook's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 8.7.

Who uses Smartlook?

The most common users of Smartlook are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

After using Smartlook for 4 years, I think it is really a brilliant solution to improve my site and fix bugs. For example when a user contacts me about a bug he encountered without giving me enough detail, I come back to Smartlook to see what really happened.
  • Help me to improve interface.
  • Help me to fix bugs.
  • Create heatmap.
  • Make interface easier
  • Reduce prices
  • Show what user typed on text box (except for confidential box)
The best scenario for me that I can do only with Smartlook is when a user contacts me about a bug on the site without giving enough details. So instead of bothering them with a lot of questions to see why they got this bug, I can find their record on Smartlook using their IP address to see what exactly happened and then I can fix the issue.
I am really satisfied with the service. It saved me a lot of time and gave me the opportunity to improve my site without asking for feedback, also it helps me to understand the attitude of users in order to facilitate their use of the site and make it more accessible.
Very easy to use. I implemented it in a few minutes and then I started looking and understanding its use.
We are using Smartlook for our B2C mobile apps. I have used Smartlook to get an insight that how people are using our application and I was able to identify a lot of key things from the user behavior. Also, we could make strong decisions based on the events data provided by them. Smartlook is a choice of smart people.
  • Onboarding.
  • Customer behaviour.
  • Geographical data.
  • As of now, I could not see any point that should be improved.
Smartlook is best for product companies who really want to focus on customer-oriented products and want to make better decisions for future feature building.
Good!
I have not noticed any downtime on Smartlook. I could see the very insightful full information without much friction.
We use Smartlook regularly to find user behaviors. A mixture of google analytics and Smartlook is a perfect combination for us. Google analytics helps in terms of page views, click events, user flows, etc. While Smartlook helps to generate heatmap, what the user is doing exactly on each and every page. We also use it in case of debugging or in case of MVP/usability testing.
  • Screen Recording
  • Heatmap Generation
  • Recording of iframe or embeded content
  • Multi device recording of the same user
Smartlook is best for screen recordings. Especially when you are running MVPs. However, its pricing is very high. If your daily visitors are too much then either you will have to lose many of your recordings or you will have to pay too much money.
In the case of the free version. They say x amount of free recordings. But do not provide that much recordings actually. I have used Smartlook with different accounts and in all cases, I have found that after just 10/20% of free usage they stop new recordings and make it compulsory to buy a plan. When I complained about this from one account, they stopped sending mails to buy a plan, but still, recordings are not available. They do this with every account.
We use Smartlook to gain in-depth insights into visitor behavior on our websites. Thanks to Smartlook, we can track visitors' actions exactly as we cannot do with other analytics tools. This guides us to create a richer user experience. With Smartlook, we found out the important issues that our visitors experienced during the checkout step, so we were able to increase the conversion performance of our website.
  • Tracking how visitors are behaving on the website visually by video.
  • Well-designed and customizable dashboard to quickly monitor what's happening on your website.
  • It works in "real" real-time, so you can track your visitors' sessions instantly.
  • It would be great if Smartlook has a mobile app.
  • Sometimes it's hard to understand how to use some features.
  • You cannot see it in records visually when visitors interact with an iframe on the web page (probably it's impossible to make it technically).
Smartlook suits well any size of company that wishes to gain in-depth info about their visitors' journey on their websites and improve the user experience. The companies that don't see their websites as an important marketing medium and/or don't have an e-commerce functionality may not get many benefits from Smartlook.
I didn't need any crucial support from Smartlook so far, but I can say that I feel that they are ready to help anytime I need it.
I am very happy to use Smartlook for its usability, functionality, user interface, and user experience.
Smartlook helped me to fix a ton of user-experience issues and drop-off sources on quizplus.com--mainly the funnel feature, where we came to understand why some of the customers are dropping off and by watching the video recordings, it gives us 100% confidence for the next decision.
  • Funnels
  • Events
  • Recordings
  • Heatmaps
  • Funnel filtering
  • Funnel comparison over two time periods
  • Support filtering by wildcards across the system
I would recommend it to everybody who is trying to provide the best product experience for their customers.
The support is responsive and so kind
I like the experience overall.
We are using Smartlook only in the Product Department to detect UX problems of our website and improve them. We use it to increase our conversion rate thanks to funnel analysis and we also use it a lot to detect errors and bugs. So the main goal is really to improve UX in order to have more satisfied clients.
  • The dashboard is really well done and summarize everything we need in a simple view.
  • I love the funnel functionality, it helps us to see the step our users drop the most.
  • Recordings are the thing we use the most to the real user journey.
  • Events are also very well done to check actions precise page, or CTA...
  • Behaviour flow is beta for the moment but I didn't really get it when I discovered it.
  • The way to story our previous research. I sometimes don't find it easily, especially when I share Smartlook with a team.
  • We can go further in collaboration mode, if I want to share findings with my team.
Well suited:
  • For all our funnels (onboarding, payment funnels...) Smartlook is precious to have the % of users in each step and see consequently the % of drop off. We can see where users drop off the most and why and it helps us to correct what's wrong and increase our conversion rate.
  • We also use events every time we deliver a new feature to see recordings of users using it. We check adoption, if they're understand everything correctly and if the journey is smooth and quick.
This is less appropriate for:
  • When we want have precise answers regarding our doubt. We can only make assumptions on Smartlook and see a lot of recordings to validate more or less this assumption. We never know what the user behind the recording thinks really (not as during a user test).
I have never really used personally the support of Smartlook but my colleague did and it was very quick and precise. We also had a Visio with a Smartlook team member before using it and it was very useful. He explained everything to us, every feature, the pros of Smartlook and he convinced us to subscribe to it.
At the beginning not everything was clear. I was a little bit lost and one of my colleagues explained everything to me. Now I think that this is super intuitive and I use it very easily. But maybe we can have more tutorials or use cases to be guided at the beginning.
Francesco Tonti | TrustRadius Reviewer
SmartLook is used personally by me to check bugs across my sites or test the user experience.
  • Funnel creation.
  • Show what users click and how interact with the website.
  • No slowing down the website.
  • Translation support.
I have been using this program since its release. I always recommend it to everyone because it is essential to understand how users use your site and make changes accordingly.
I haven't used their support yet but I know they respond very quickly.
SmartLook has a very user-friendly interface. All buttons have icons that explain exactly what section is that.
Firoz Parakkat | TrustRadius Reviewer
Smartlook is used across Product and Marketing to understand the customer journey. We use the tool to understand the customer pain points and to delight our product in a better way.
  • Easy Integration
  • Easy Navigation to errors and events in sessions
  • Heatmaps are very hard to use
  • Funnels can be improved for better understanding
  • Smartlook can bring Micro Survey as a new feature, Highly recommended
Smartlook is a best tool if someone wanted to understand it's customer journey, paint points and build a Product Market Fit.
Our Account Manager is right up there for any needs, whether it be difficulties we face or providing a better discounts to keep the customers.
Smartlook is great to Set up and Easy to Use.
November 05, 2021

Bang for a buck

We use Smartlook to reduce the amount of back-and-forth between us and our customers. Customers are often short in words to describe their issues or don't have the (technical) know-how to share a good overview. It saves time on both sides if we can just see the recording of their session, especially getting the error logs from the browsers which is a huge headache to get from the non-tech-savvy customers. We also use Smartlook to understand how our customers are using our product and how they adopt new features. Again, it helps with saving a lot of time and not bothering customers with such questions and spending their time and/or our money. In our case, we have several departments using Smartlook and it has nice team access to share recordings across the team. For some reason, upgrading limits have to go through support. Luckily, they are fast and helpful.
  • Affordable pricing.
  • Logs browser errors.
  • Fast support.
  • Ease of setup.
  • User Interface.
I think Smartlook is best for companies who are getting started with user session recording software or who are just looking for a solution that does the job. They are also making changes to improve user behavior analysis and save your time from doing this manually. I think Smartlook is less suited for bigger enterprises.
Support is really responsive and trying to help. For some reason, upgrades need to go through support. It might be that we have had a lot of different stakeholders for setting Smartlook up properly, but I believe that's something they could also make easier to handle. In general, I can confirm that you can definitely count on their support.
A lot of variables to search but make sure you find the right session at the right time. We have an issue in our setup so we can't search by username in most cases and still not sure if the issue is on our side or their side, but nevertheless there are other variables to use(IP address for example), which makes it easy to find the relevant sessions. Afaik, they don't have automatic link connection with Intercom like FullStory does though
We use Smartlook to better understand the user experience on our website and application backend, and the fact that you can review the exact user experience by watching the video session is amazing. The feedback that's inside the events linked to the user's actions is beyond words. Smartlook provides awesome analytics to improve the user journey and for discovering weaknesses for improving the product and website strengths. The UI is the easiest to understand and navigate of all the ones we've tried.
  • Screen recordings.
  • Heatmap.
  • User analysis.
  • Customer support.
  • Support hours.
I mainly used it for our high-traffic websites where we needed to break things down by visitor types to help improve their experience. I found it well suited for the optimization of PPC landing pages and funnel analysis and would be happy to recommend it for any high-performance commerce sites that need to understand their users to improve performance.
Smartlook's support team is very responsive during their business hours, however, availability can be lacking for US business hours. The product is top-notch and delivers on all fronts with the best of them. We looked at some other products and did a thorough comparison before deciding to stay with Smartlook primarily because, even though the product stands on its own, you can tell that this is truly a product-driven support team which is my preference when choosing a product like this.
To be honest, it's not the easiest to use, but that's simply because it is so feature-packed. So if we want to make the most of this it's up to us to learn how to take advantage of all it has to offer. The UI can be a bit more intuitive but since that's not my area of expertise I wouldn't know how to advise with that.
Smartlook is a very helpful tool which can answer even those questions about your website performance, you never asked for! The IT and marketing specialist got a much clearer picture of our website's functionality, which helped to discover and understand our visitor's behavior and the path they use when browsing our websites.
  • Helps to understand visitors behavior.
  • Helps to decrease the bounce rate of our landing pages and increase the conversion rate.
  • Helps to find bugs on the site.
  • Used to check for A/B testing of pages, which are working better.
  • I can't provide anything where we see room for improvement.
  • Smartlook is a leader in this area, I think it contain everything we can use.
  • Maybe more space for stored recordings.
I would recommend Smartlook for everyone, as I'm very satisfied with the service they provide. Smartlook is a must have tool not only for e-commerce or webshop, but every website which wants to understand their visitors, and make it constantly better and better, more user friendly and convenient to use. It generate very nice heatmaps where you can check the specified page structure and performance in terms of user interactions, also with recordings which is our most used part of Smartlook. Funnels are also used to help us understand and analyse the customer journey and helps to improve the conversion rate.
The Smartlook site contains a very detailed and easy to understand tooltips where it can be useful, and the Help section contains everything you need to implement, and use the service. It's very detailed and well sorted section with lot of examples, troubleshooting help and also lessons. In case you need help with anything else, we experienced very fast response on the online chat and our question was very quickly answered and resolved.
Every page, the tool setup pages and dashboards are built very well, the site structure is perfectly designed and intuitive to use. All functions are well documented and the help sections are really everywhere, you don't have to search for answers, as they are just popped up or max. a click away for your service.
I really need to get insight into how customers are interacting with my site. That helps me to see how to improve my site to improve my conversion rate.
  • Record users screens without slowing down the website.
  • Allow quick and easy playback of recordings.
  • Most of their UI was great, but they didn't seem to do a great job of matching up multiple sessions from a single user. I really would have liked to be able to follow my customers' journey across multiple sessions. Not a deal-breaker, but that would have been nice. Admittedly, I haven't used it for a few months, as I got my landing page optimized well enough and haven't needed to keep recording customers' screens, but when I need to do that again, you can bet I'll be back to Smartlook.
If you're looking to get insight into customer behavior on your site, you definitely should look into Smartlook. I tried multiple services for recording my customers' sessions. They were all either way too expensive or didn't really work. Until I found Smartlook. It's the only one that was reasonably priced and still got the job done in an overall simple way.
On only had to contact their support once, but they were quick to respond and very helpful.
Overall, the software was really easy to use. Installing on the website was a breeze, and the user interface for viewing recordings was well-thought out.
We switched to Smartlook from some other solution in order to be able to analyze conversion funnels on the websites of our clients, but we do much more than that. We weed out some errors, analyze problems with the funnels we manage, and in general have a better understanding of what is going on on our sites.
  • Recordings are easy to view and read.
  • Filtering options are wide and intuitive.
  • Ability to create funnels is a plus.
  • You can work on past data, which means there's no rush to set up everything at once.
  • It would be nice to have more options to filter out visitors other than simply IP address. Maybe IP-ranges or countries would be nice.
It is great for analyzing funnels, finding problems in your conversion funnels. It allows you to have unlimited amount of users so sharing it across your company will not be a problem. If you use it correctly it might become your best tool in the toolbox.
So far we've found support to be creative and responsive. No issues here.
It's a very well-made tool. Very modern and easy to use.
I've used Smartlook on my own site and several clients' sites for my company. Personally I really like the replay feature that you can just sit there all day watching the user's behaviour on your site and improve the UX on the site by analyzing them.
  • Replay visitor session.
  • Clean dashboard interface and easy navigate.
  • Heatmap features is clear and accurate.
  • Plans, wish there were a smaller plan for start up.
  • More complicated rules set up to control when to record (GDPR and other reasons).
  • Would be nice to include simple 404/500 errors, etc... and send notifications to me.
Its replay and heatmap features are the best for any new websites with new design/features. It helps us understand a lot of what we can do better on the site or helps the custom navigate to where they want to go. On a large site (we have 1m+ users), it's very hard to control. Hence I'd like some more complicated rules on when to do the recording, or even have auto "category" based on the rules. For example, "Teacher" user role's recording all goes here, "Student" user role's recording all goes here for easy analyzing.
Honestly, haven't needed the support yet, the interface is pretty self-explanatory for me.
It does improve over the years for sure.
October 27, 2021

Smartlook Web

We use 2 separate instances of Smartlook; mobile and web. This review is specific to the web portion as there are differences between using the mobile and the web versions. My mobile review is on G2. I work closely with our customer affinity, support departments and QA departments to verify bugs. When we're working on improving features or new features we look at Smartlook to gather feedback from how people use our website. The best thing that Smartlook has over FullStory is that it tracks specific JS errors. This has been super helpful to see how many customers are seeing specific errors.
  • You can search specific JS errors and get notifications.
  • Dashboards are pretty good.
  • I really like the funnels although I wish we had more but they cost.
  • I feel nickel and dimed with the events and funnels.
  • We came from sessions being 30 mins of inactivity and now it's 5-10 mins. Session count has gone up significantly which we weren't prepared for.
  • Recording playback isn't as clean and maneuverable like FullStory.
This is the web version is and it works great for bug tracking especially if you're looking for JS error tracking. I think our site would do much better if our CSS was cleaner and was more specific instead of using dynamic names for components. I believe this product is great for support teams and product teams to see how people are using certain features. Seems comparable to other products on the market but tracking JS is above the others.
Whenever I needed help I could reach out and get quick and relevant answers.
I feel like the product as a whole is very new. This means that the basic product is there but it's a bit clunky compared to FullStory. FullStory had very quick and easy searching and filtering compared to Smartlook.
Smartlook allows our company to see how our website's front end is being used. It helps us address unknown issues with our website. Smart looks ease of use allows us to filter errors/rage clicks. It's simple to use for even novice users who have no background experience as Smartlook lays everything out for new users.
  • User session recordings.
  • Filters data (IP/Rage Clicks/Specific URLs/Users/etc.).
  • Almost real-time recording sessions.
  • User session recordings could load faster (real-time would be great).
  • Heat maps should be available upon submitting a specific URL. We've had one that's been stuck on "generating/loading" for months. Not sure what happened.
Well Suited:
Client complains that site is not working correctly and you attempt to walk them through a process and client ensures there is an issue with your site. You investigate issue and find the client was indeed on the wrong page and it was user error.
We have never had to use Smartlook's support - however, I would imagine if we did that it would be as simple as their website is to use with a great/fast outcome. I have heard personally from other friends that their support team is extremely friendly and knowledgeable with their platform.
This was our site's first platform that we've ever used that delivered 'User Session Recordings.' We couldn't be any happier with Smartlook's ease of use. We installed in our site in less than 10 minutes and we're reviewing our site's front-end sessions in less than 20. Our team loves Smartlook!
David Mynář | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a full service digital agency our priority is gathering and analysing data. Smartlook helps us to gather live data from our client´s websites and landing pages for a reasonable price. We use heatmaps most frequently and always find insights in their results. Live recordings are incredibly useful for us as well. Performance-wise, Smartlook has no negatives and their support has always been responsive as well. There is still work to be done on the UX side, even though I use Smartlook frequently, it is not as user-friendly as it could be. Highly recommended overall!
  • Packed with features.
  • Easy to use heatmaps.
  • New project setup takes less than 5 minutes.
  • Occasionaly confusing user interface.
  • App integrations cost extra.
Well suited:
  • Analyse user behavior in many different ways
  • Track website errors
  • Create heatmaps full of insights
Not suited for:
  • Being primary analytics (complements Google Analytics, does not replace it)
  • Beginner marketers
Fast, accurate, responsive.
Smartlook is quickly moving forward feature-wise.
Smartlook is a very useful and time-saving tool that we use to review how users navigate our site. It has often been crucial to my work as a developer, as it allows me to find out how - and in what environment - possible bugs or problems occur. This means a lot of time and energy saved, especially dealing with complex cases.
  • Provide accurate recordings of users behaviour.
  • Has a very good filter for recordings.
  • Offers a great customizable dashboard full of useful information.
  • Sometimes it takes a while to load the recordings, especially when they are full of events and you select a specific point on the timeline.
I recommend it to anyone who wants to improve the services offered by their website. Smartlook is very useful when you want to monitor and improve the user experience. At the same time, it's a very powerful tool for finding any bugs and problems otherwise difficult to detect (a nice gift for a web developer).
I never needed to contact them.
Except for the slowness encountered when working with long and eventful recordings, I have not encountered any particular problems in the usability of Smartlook.
I've used tons of session replay tools over the last 5+ years (InspectLet, FullStory, Hotjar -- you name it) I have to say that Smartlook takes the cake for being easy-to-use with the most robust functionality for power users. That said, for my company, all we need is reliable session replay with 100% capture rate -- and Smartlook delivers. When compared with other solutions (ie. InspectLet), we found that Smartlook detected sessions missed by other session replay software and/or detected further page interactions or views that were unseen by other analytics software. 100% recommend, must-have for any digital marketing team!
  • Session replay.
  • Visitor tracking.
  • In-page analytics.
  • User experience.
  • Lightweight JavaScript code.
  1. Great for tracking lead forms and funnels.
  2. Perfect for identifying friction points & bottlenecks.
  3. Examining user interaction with a website or app.
Great customer service!
Intuitive, simple, but robust.
We use Smartlook for CRO purposes. It's been very insightful to see how users are navigating on our website and it has been very useful to see the percentage of users that are still on the website per page. We've used this to arrange our content and CTA's which has been very beneficial for our conversion rates.
  • Heatmaps.
  • Recordings.
  • Having multiple projects.
  • For a period of time there was limit on heatmaps. As a lot of websites have over 25 pages, this was a negative feature. I think that has been reverted to unlimited again.
  • Sometimes the data on heatmaps is inaccurate.
If you are looking to improve your lead conversions this is a great tool. It's also great to use to track what a user does live. I use it to see their movements in real-time and where they spend the most time per page. Their data is great and it has been really helpful.
I haven't contacted their support. I'm assuming it's good. From what I can see, it's easy to find and I'm sure the responses are quick.
It's very easy to use. The features are self-explanatory and it was very easy to catch on.
We use Smartlook across all our product development. It gives us insights into common user experience issues and gives us great feedback to improve our product.
  • Easy and intuitive interaction.
  • Cheap compared to other similar solutions.
  • Awesome insight into user behavior.
  • Easy setup with Google Tag Manager.
  • It would be awesome to get a weekly report with rage click sent via email.
In my opinion, Smartlook works great with any user-facing product. It is a great tool for small and/or medium companies that want to track and see how their product is being used by real users. Getting the insights early on and being able to see how it is being used is valuable. The reason I say small or medium companies is that it gives you the possibility to watch most of the recordings yourself. I would recommend Smartlook above most other tracking metrics to be with.
I haven't had any problems and haven't had to use their support, but their own documentation and website is good.
It is very easy to set up and use. You can get started within a few minutes and start to receive recordings right away.
Leandro Chaves | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to watch the recordings and get insights into users' behavior. We also use it to match the user's GCLIDs with our CRM system and look into what they did before sending a form.
  • Recordings of users navigation.
  • Heat maps of website consumption.
  • Creating funnels.
  • I would like an option to watch the recordings in a popup window or a panel within the same screen.
  • We miss the option of creating folders or tagging the recordings.
It would be very useful to discover how the UX of a website impacts the navigation and also to have insights to improve the website's elements' positioning.
The Smartlook support team is one of the best I [have] ever seen up to now.
Some parts of the system are a bit hard to understand at the beginning.
We use Smartlook to improve our website by offering users an interface that is better adapted to their needs. Over the years we have found that by using this technology we have been able to improve user retention. Of course, when a user spends more time on your website they learn more about your product and thus this product has more weight in their purchase decision. What we like most about Smartlook is that it is a very easy to install and manage solution. Installation takes no more than 5 minutes and configuration is also very simple. The control panel allows you to control all the parameters and understand perfectly what your users do and why they do it. The only work is then deciding how to modify the website so that the user follows the path you want. But that's not too complicated with A/B testing either. In short, Smartlook has become an essential tool for our designers. Without it, we would not have achieved the results we have.
  • Helps improve my website.
  • Records user activity.
  • Controls everything.
  • Lack of support for non JavaScript sites.
  • Nicer user interface.
When you need to understand what users who come to your website are doing, Smartlook is the solution.
We have never needed to use Smartlook's technical support, everything is very intuitive and simple.
Smartlook is very intuitive and simple for an average programmer (I don't know if it will be as simple for a normal user). We have never had to resort to looking for information on the web or ask for help for something we didn't understand or didn't work as expected.
Giuseppe Avagliano | TrustRadius Reviewer
We implemented Smartlook on our websites and web app in order to track the customer journey and understand how to improve it. We also used it during many campaigns, creating heatmaps of A/B test landing pages and seeing which one has the qualitative and quantitative better performances. Smartlook allowed us also to spot several issues in forms and landing pages that were very specific and hard to find.
  • Landing page heatmaps.
  • Customer journey recordings.
  • Track events, such as errors or conversions.
  • Analyze funnels.
  • Projects and organizations structure was a bit confusing at the beginning.
Smartlook is a great tool that can help you understand better how your website effectively works and what is the customer behaviour when surfing it. It's a turnkey solution, easy to implement and manage, and offers you opportunities to improve funnels, landing pages, and the entire path to conversion for your customers. It also provides an overview of triggered events, helping to spot errors.
In the beginning, I was a little bit confused about how to structure projects and organizations, maybe also because I was using a different software before. In any case once you get used to it, everything is very easy to do.
Our department uses Smartlook to easily find bugs on our pages. If there [are] any tickets from our customers, we find [their] session and we see what problem [they] ran into. It is a much easier and faster approach than contacting our users and getting more information from them. Totally recommend.
  • Providing all necessary information about the user.
  • Providing best image of what the user is doing.
  • There [are] lots of features which you do not understand when you are not using it every day. But Smartlook is trying to tackle this problem by doing webinars and so on.
For us, it is great in customer service and development. You see the bugs right in front of your eyes and it makes your work much easier.
We have not really contacted the support yet.
Sometimes it can be too much on the screen when using Smartlook, but overall, the UX is pretty good.