We had many insights and answers about our home page and landing pages that have incredibly increased our conversion results.
- Mapping customers behavior on your website.
- Gives you consistent feedback about costumers conversions on your website.
- Helps you build metrics to make better analysis.
- Integration with CRM.
- Possibility of live recording for instant action of our team.
- It really shows your visitors' behavior on your website, it shows where do they hesitate, why do they leave the website, etc.
- Smartlook videos can help you notice a lot of new things, like problems or potential improvements. Sometimes, otherwise, you don't notice a bug on your website, because you do not really use it as much as your visitors.
- You can sort your videos based on what you are interested in. For example, I always want to see what our registered visitors do, so I sort my videos and see only visitors who were on the "sign in" page.
- I would really appreciate if I could change the name of a user, e.g. a. returning visitor, so I would always know it's him, without merging with some kind of database using API
- Free Smartlook is really slow-- you can't skip silent passages
- The listed referrer sometimes doesn't correspond with reality
- Smartlook shows you your website from the client's perspective. Either they are accessing it from their PC, mobile, or tablet. It gives you an idea of how it appears to someone that doesn't know it at all, and how they navigate on it.
- Smartlook gives you the number of people that are accessing your website 24/7. It collects several views per user so you can see the user progress.
- Smartlook can show you heatmaps, helping you to address issues, or areas that are not that attractive.
- I've just used the free version of it, so I'm not the right person to answer that question right now. Anyway, even the free version has helped me a lot.
- One think that could be done is to identify the website owner and remove it from the analytics. I'd rather just see other people's data and not what I'm doing on my website. I'm not sure if it is just a configuration item that I'm not aware of, or if it is something missing on the application.
- The ability to see a visitor's journey from the start of the visit to the end is invaluable. It lets you find where something may be confusing or broken, very quickly.
- Seeing different visits based on mobile or computer visits, as well as different browsers lets you identify issues in each system.
- The visit results are broken out by new and returning visitors, which is great for gaining insights into website usage.
- Smartlook gathers information and provides heatmaps for your website, which are a great aggregate of user behavior.
- I'd love for the default time at which the website replays happen to be 1x and not .5x.
- The heat map scrolling feature helps us understand how much information our users are seeing and where they are dropping off.
- The user recordings have been instrumental in creating user experience roadmaps.
- The funnels have been very helpful in identifying where prospects are dropping off before becoming leads.
- It would be nice if IP to company identification was displayed on recording profiles.
- Often times stylesheets don't render properly and make the navigation section look bad.
- Navigation drop downs do not get displayed when users click.
- Saving orders: I had bug on my website. Clients were making orders, but orders were not saving on my website. I found this problem in the evening. Without Smartlook all orders would have been lost. Because I'm using Smartlook, I find all orders from records and I process them.
- Smartlook is recording what are people doing on my site. I can see, how are people thinking and improve my site for better sales.
- I'm a small client with small company. Everything is comfortable for my purposes now.
2. For increased sales in an e-shop. You can improve the efficiency of your campaigns.
- Data for heatmaps or funnels can also be retrieved retrospectively.
- Smartlook records all site visitors not just a sample.
- Videos can be accelerated or skipped in parts where the user is inactive
- Is not free :-)
- Captures GUI from client end
- Less load on client network
- I personally believe that having a free account is a good thing but it should come with less restrictions then it has right now.
- There should be some way to record the iframes as well if the iframes belong to the owner
I find it very useful to know how users are interacting in my site.
Heatmaps is also a very good tool to check quickly if you need to make changes in your web design.
Also, I find it interesting to check how many goals are successful.
- Simple. Everybody can understand how it works.
- Easy. Menus and options are very well explained.
- Effectiveness. It really does what they promise.
- I haven't found any yet. Honestly, I'm very happy with everything.
- It gives me a notion of how the layout of my site is working
- It lets me see how long my client stays on every page
- Let me see the loading delays of an image on the site, if it is taking too long
- It also gives me an idea of what path the customer is taking to arrive at a certain subject or product
- Maybe it could couple with information from the analytics. I do not need to work with the two together, but maybe it would be good to be able to see each without having to stop the other entirely ... We are a Startup and we work with almost no money ...
- Visualization of behavior of our customer.
- Possible filtering and setting view base on events.
- See more visits of one customer.
- Priced a little high for a small company.
- A lot of changes during this year - dashboard, plan strategy.
- It does not slow down the client's navigation. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
- Watching a "live" recording is particularly useful to support a client who has problems at that moment.
- The reproduction of the videos is very fluid.
- The cost of the premium plan could be more accessible for companies like ours, which has a low budget for marketing and analytics issues.
- We have not reached the point of connecting with Google Analytics, but at the time we would like it to be as simple and flexible as possible.
- Helps you see where visitors click, and to some extent, what they think in that moment.
- Smartlook can record on all landing pages which makes it perfect if something is wrong on a particular site.
- As the example before, it helped me detect a 404 page.
- When I see my recordings, most of the time the recording is not loading the page correctly, so I've had issues seeing what customers are doing.
- I love how it captures video of what's being done by a visitor. It allows us to better design and layout a page.
- It's really organized well and the heatmaps are very useful.
- The Smartlook team always seem to be adding features. I see there are funnels now. This is great.
- Sine the introduction of funnels, I am assuming Smartlook is getting into marketing. I think having some sort of marketing automation or at least integrations with other marketing automation software would be nice.
- A longer period for the trail.
- A white label version. This software is great and would be a nice offering to sell to clients.
- Ability to record visitors' journies from the landing page to the very time they leave my page
- Records events and heat maps hence enabling you to know your most visited page on the store
- It also made it easy for me to decipher what problems my store had and to fix it
- I would prefer that they explain their terms more, I found it difficult to configure the events part
- I can manage more websites from the same account
- Heatmaps are useful
- Also shows IP addresses and country data on the general interface.
- I really hate the capabilities of the trial version, there are not many features for those who can’t pay for the service or who would like to test it.
Smartlook gets my vote. And a must for any monitoring team.
- Real time information
- It shows replays of how visitors act on your website.
- Works great with WordPress
- Maybe more clear on returning users with an IP capture to prevent spam
- An option to block IPs or users directly
- Record user behaviour through the conversion funnel
- To know what a user does inside the web app, this give us the insights to know what's working and enhance the UX.
- Simple to understand the user's behaviour on our platform
- Make integrations with more softwares like ActiveCampaign
- Show more data and better organized, by users.
Very useful to me and my team.
- Records most of the visits we are aware of and connects recordings based on users, not on sessions.
- Customer support is awful. The reps are not nice and requests are not treated well.
- Company's culture can be seen through interaction with anyone with Smartlook. It is toxic.
- Too pushy on a purchase. The freemium version was downgraded to a point that it cannot be used, just to force everyone to pay.
- Have I already mentioned customer support and culture? Horrible!
Smartlook Scorecard Summary
Smartlook is a product analytics solution that helps businesses of all sizes and industries get an insider look into how their websites and apps work. The product is used by 200,000 businesses.
Smartlook enables you to see exactly what your visitors see through always-on recordings and multi-device heatmaps. Additionally, the product now offers new automatic event tracking and conversion funnels, to help you you get the complete picture of how your visitors behave on your website or app.
The vendor aims to help you to make informed and quick UX improvements so you can deliver the best customer experience.
Smartlook Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
Smartlook Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Smartlook Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, Deutschland, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Nedelands, Poland, Brazil, Portugal, Czechia|
|Supported Languages:||United States, Deutschland, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Nedelands, Poland, Brazil, Portugal, Czechia|