Reviews (1-25 of 66)
- Smartlook has an awesome funnel visualization tool which is much easier to set up compared to Facebook and Google Analytics.
- Smartlook incorporates great filtering functionality to group your recordings for east processing.
- The free trial is loaded with functionality.
- Privacy issues with other countries are unclear (especially in Europe).
- Even though recordings are only kept for 30 days it would be useful if the old recording info is still available such as date and time.
- The assistant pop-ups are useful sometimes and annoying sometimes. It would like to be able to enable/disable them.
- Heatmaps help you better understand how end-users use your website. Thanks to the data provided by Smartlook, you can adjust your website and make it more user-friendly.
- Smartlook has fantastic funnels which help you analyse your data and understand them.
- Records. You can just sit back and watch how the end-user used your website, where exactly they clicked etc.
- In general, we are VERY HAPPY with Smartlook. It has everything a beginner needs.
- Could use a mobile application perhaps?
- Shows how long people stay on your website
- Shows which pages of your website they visit
- Shows where your visitors come from
- Gives you insight into the visitor's interests
- Heatmap function
- User behavior tracking
- Pricing is customizable and reasonable
- Should have connected with google analytic
- Should be able to tell the reference difference (like youtube ads and search ads)
- The free trial should seriously have more monthly session
- Provides session recording of what your users are actually doing in their app
- Lets you apply filters to get to different segments of your user base and observe their behavior
- Gives event tracking and funnels to help you understand your user's journey
- The visual design is a little outdated
- Tracking user actions.
- Understanding customer journey
- Helping us make business decisions.
- Easy to create a project and add tracking events to it.
- I like funnel functionality.
- Interface very user-friendly.
- I wish the recordings would be available immediately, seems that there is no "live" view experience.
- Heat Maps - It gives you a better idea of where you're customers are looking on your website.
- Visitor Recordings - It gives us an idea of what the flow is when they get to the website.
- Rage Clicks - This alerts us to things visitors think they should be able to click, but can't.
- I wish it integrated with HubSpot so we could tie the information together.
- I wish there were recommendations for funnels to better understand the visitor's journey.
- I wish there was a way to archive Heat Maps and not have to delete them.
It was really useful when we found a UX issue. We were concerned about abandoned carts, and Smartlook helped us see the journey of our clients and try to improve our website to make it more appealing.
It's not useful if you want to see aggregated data, because the use of video takes too much time to watch & analyze all the individual cases. It would take too long in order to create aggregated data from the viewing sessions.
With Samrtlook it is easy to get an easy understanding of the funnel and the specific user events I want to dig into.
- It identifies the origin of the user in terms of URL.
- We can see if our sign up form is being completed fully and submitted.
- We can see which products on the website are viewed most often.
- Information from filters can't always be downloaded.
It's a really good solution for:
- Recording video of the user's visits to a project website.
- Creating a heat map and click map for selected page on website.
- Creating custom events that allows to filter videos and watch only very important visits.
- Building sales funnels and track conversion and drops on every step.
- Providing analytics and custom reports to analyze visits.
- A trial version is available.
- No integration with Google Tag Manager to automatically implement custom events.
- No examples for code integration.
- No ready integration with CRM systems, you should build your own integration.
- Tracking your user's behavior and record videos based on your custom events (add to cart, button clicks, add to wishlist, etc).
- Analyzing on what elements your users click most.
- For small projects, you have a free plan to record 1500 visits per month.
- Getting a detailed report of device, platform, UTM tags of the selected visit to have analytics what devices your clients are using.
- Saves time with being able to queue events and not have to watch complete recordings.
- Gives a sense of real users and not just stats that are intangible.
- An additional tab that separates viewed recordings from the main list so that I have an 'inbox' of things I haven't yet seen.
- The recordings tab could streamline so that more are visible on the list - so the list of recordings is more compact
- The icons of men and women on the left are confusing.
- Record sessions while protecting user privacy
- Shows funnels of user behavior through events
- User friendly platform and easy to use
- Wish we could record sessions through iFrames
- Wish the platform suggested events to monitor
- It shows the referring URL that clients used to get to our website.
- It's useful to see where users are navigating to on our website and use that information to make adjustments or improvements.
- It's helpful to be able to see if users are coming back multiple times to our website.
- It would be nice to be able to categorize or sort the recordings into sections, such as "Improvements, Useful Interactions, Positive Experience" etc. - so the information could be easily sorted out & used.
- I would like to flag recordings so I could review them again, or make notes on them.
- It seems to take awhile for the recordings to load, especially when you click ahead in the recording.
- Heat mapping.
- User story logging (videos of what users are doing on-page).
- Very small learning curve on set-up and use.
- Easily integrates with Google Tag Manager.
- Certain sites seem to block the heat mapping tool—especially around clicks.
- Data Studio integration for heat maps.
- It would be great if the heat map could index the entire site instead of entering each page one-by-one.
- It has been consistent with capturing data when a user visits the website. This is useful for cross-checking analytics data from other platforms. It shows the referral links and enough details about the session to be able to confirm the data is valid.
- It has filters that you can apply to recordings so that you can very quickly see which recordings belong to which marketing campaign or referral source.
- You can set up funnels to track conversions and then very easily click through to see those specific recordings.
- For the free or lower-level packages, the data is kept only for a limited time, i.e. 30 days, so there is the situation where you are implementing a marketing funnel that might take longer than 30 days and when you finally make a conversion you might want to see to complete history/path that your user took which lead them to finally make the conversion. In this situation, you will have missing recordings from their initial visits.
- Recordings are not made in all cases of traffic sessions. I would like to have more clarity/detail on why a specific session was not recorded. It would be great if Smartlook could confirm cases, where it could not record and explain that it was due to i.e. privacy setting/location/ session too short/ website, didn't load. This would help with troubleshooting possible issues on the website.
- They could have an option that while you are busy watching one recording, there is a quick button to go to the next recording so that you can more easily skip trough a few recordings.
Smartlook Scorecard Summary
Smartlook is a qualitative analytics solution for websites and mobile apps helping over 250,000 businesses of all sizes and industries answer the "whys" behind their users' actions. Eliminate the guesswork and discover real, actionable reasons.
Smartlook provides a way to understand user behavior at the micro level. Always-on visitor recordings show what every last visitor does on your website or app, while automatic event tracking shows how (and how often) visitors do specific things. Build conversion funnels to see conversion rates as well as uncover why users churn. Heatmaps for websites provide data about where most people click, scroll, hover, and otherwise interact with pages.
Smartlook started in 2016 with web analytics and branched into mobile app analytics in 2018. Smartlook services customers like O2, Miele, Hyundai, and Kiwi.com. It can also record games developed in the Unity engine.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Smartlook Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
Smartlook Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Smartlook Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Netherlands, Poland, Brazil, Portugal, Czechia|
|Supported Languages:||English, Czech|