https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/TL/1P/TZO010B69UUE.PNGSmartlook reviewSmartlook is a great tool! It helped us to solve some unsolved debates about our customers and how they interact with our website tools. We had many insights and answers about our home page and landing pages that have incredibly increased our conversion results.,Mapping customers behavior on your website. Gives you consistent feedback about costumers conversions on your website. Helps you build metrics to make better analysis.,Integration with CRM. Possibility of live recording for instant action of our team.,10,Higher conversion rates: we had 15% more leads converting on our home and landing pages.,Crazy Egg,Google Analytics, Magento Open Source (formerly Community Edition), PipedriveThe best tool to study the behavior of customersSmartlook has helped us to see what are the errors of our website and study the behavior of our customers at the end of the purchase, for us it is very important to optimize the sales funnel and know the reason for the abandoned baskets.,Check errors on our website. Know what our customers buy. The good experience of the tool panel.,Some app locks on pages because of security issues.,10,I have been able to optimize my advertising campaigns BY knowing how customers interact.,,HotjarCrucial for conversions growthWe are running a case-law database and our company is still at the beginning. Therefore we need to see things like, where our visitors come from, where did they find us, and for what purpose are they visiting us. Our problem at the very beginning was that our potential customers didn't really know how to use our programme. We followed our visitors' behavior, and as a result a tutorial was made which now helps our visitors.,It really shows your visitors' behavior on your website, it shows where do they hesitate, why do they leave the website, etc. Smartlook videos can help you notice a lot of new things, like problems or potential improvements. Sometimes, otherwise, you don't notice a bug on your website, because you do not really use it as much as your visitors. You can sort your videos based on what you are interested in. For example, I always want to see what our registered visitors do, so I sort my videos and see only visitors who were on the "sign in" page.,I would really appreciate if I could change the name of a user, e.g. a. returning visitor, so I would always know it's him, without merging with some kind of database using API Free Smartlook is really slow-- you can't skip silent passages The listed referrer sometimes doesn't correspond with reality,9,None, we didn't pay for Smartlook, still using free version,,Smartsupp, Google Analytics, Facebook for BusinessSmartlook helps you grow your business!I use Smartlook to check how people see and navigate on my website. It helps me find the parts that are missing, where people stop, or what are the best parts that keep their attention. I'm a sole trade so it helps me in building my business. I've started working harder on my website to make it functional, informative and attractive, and Smartlook does help.,Smartlook shows you your website from the client's perspective. Either they are accessing it from their PC, mobile, or tablet. It gives you an idea of how it appears to someone that doesn't know it at all, and how they navigate on it. Smartlook gives you the number of people that are accessing your website 24/7. It collects several views per user so you can see the user progress. Smartlook can show you heatmaps, helping you to address issues, or areas that are not that attractive.,I've just used the free version of it, so I'm not the right person to answer that question right now. Anyway, even the free version has helped me a lot. One think that could be done is to identify the website owner and remove it from the analytics. I'd rather just see other people's data and not what I'm doing on my website. I'm not sure if it is just a configuration item that I'm not aware of, or if it is something missing on the application.,10,It hasn't had any negative impact. It has just helped me improve my website.,,WordPressSmartlook has really helped me improve my website.My name is Kat and in my small business of 1, I am using Smartlook to optimize my website. I can't afford to spend hours figuring out how to make my website most efficient. I need great tools that allow me to view how visitors are using my site, where they are having trouble and how to best optimize for their use. Smartlook lets me quickly gather that data and find holes in user experience and optimize my website. For a small, local business, this is essential in creating a great customer experience and converting people that visit your website into actual customers. I need them to be able to find everything they need on my website quickly and efficiently and Smartlook really helps me achieve that.,The ability to see a visitor's journey from the start of the visit to the end is invaluable. It lets you find where something may be confusing or broken, very quickly. Seeing different visits based on mobile or computer visits, as well as different browsers lets you identify issues in each system. The visit results are broken out by new and returning visitors, which is great for gaining insights into website usage. Smartlook gathers information and provides heatmaps for your website, which are a great aggregate of user behavior.,I'd love for the default time at which the website replays happen to be 1x and not .5x.,10,Smartlook has allowed me to optimize my website based on user experiences and see where I have problems and fix them quickly. I know this has improved my conversion rates and helped in increase profits.,UserTesting,Tableau Desktop, Animoto, Adobe Photoshop
Smartlook

Smartlook Reviews

Smartlook
Filter 117 vetted Smartlook reviews and ratings
Gustavo Penna profile photo

"Smartlook review"

• Mapping customers behavior on your website.
  • Gives you consistent feedback about costumers conversions on your website.
  • Helps you build metrics to make better analysis.
  • Integration with CRM.
  • Possibility of live recording for instant action of our team.
For anyone that sells on the internet.
Read Gustavo Penna's full review
Juan Trenado Tello profile photo
September 18, 2018

Smartlook Review: "The best tool to study the behavior of customers"

• Check errors on our website.
  • Know what our customers buy.
  • The good experience of the tool panel.
  • Some app locks on pages because of security issues.
For anyone who wants to optimize their online store and see how their customers ineract with the products of the web, it is a very easy to use tool that collects a lot of data from the web.
Read Juan Trenado Tello's full review
Jakub Hanyáš profile photo
September 17, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Crucial for conversions growth"

• It really shows your visitors' behavior on your website, it shows where do they hesitate, why do they leave the website, etc.
  • Smartlook videos can help you notice a lot of new things, like problems or potential improvements. Sometimes, otherwise, you don't notice a bug on your website, because you do not really use it as much as your visitors.
  • You can sort your videos based on what you are interested in. For example, I always want to see what our registered visitors do, so I sort my videos and see only visitors who were on the "sign in" page.
  • I would really appreciate if I could change the name of a user, e.g. a. returning visitor, so I would always know it's him, without merging with some kind of database using API
  • Free Smartlook is really slow-- you can't skip silent passages
  • The listed referrer sometimes doesn't correspond with reality
With small business or start-ups, it's a crucial programme. You always need to see the visitor's behavior, i.e. where they were referred from, their reason for leaving a page, rage clicks, why don't they finish the registration process, etc. With websites with lots of visitors and no potential conversion, Smartlook is not that efficient. That's the point, though: if you want to focus on conversions on your websites, go for Smartlook.
Read Jakub Hanyáš's full review
Maria João Nogueira profile photo
August 31, 2018

Review: "Smartlook helps you grow your business!"

• Smartlook shows you your website from the client's perspective. Either they are accessing it from their PC, mobile, or tablet. It gives you an idea of how it appears to someone that doesn't know it at all, and how they navigate on it.
  • Smartlook gives you the number of people that are accessing your website 24/7. It collects several views per user so you can see the user progress.
  • Smartlook can show you heatmaps, helping you to address issues, or areas that are not that attractive.
  • I've just used the free version of it, so I'm not the right person to answer that question right now. Anyway, even the free version has helped me a lot.
  • One think that could be done is to identify the website owner and remove it from the analytics. I'd rather just see other people's data and not what I'm doing on my website. I'm not sure if it is just a configuration item that I'm not aware of, or if it is something missing on the application.
I think it is easy to use and configure. For me as a sole trader who is just starting, it has a set of features that I've not yet explored, so unfortunately I don't have enough information to answer this question.
Read Maria João Nogueira's full review
Kat Merriman profile photo
August 24, 2018

Review: "Smartlook has really helped me improve my website."

• The ability to see a visitor's journey from the start of the visit to the end is invaluable. It lets you find where something may be confusing or broken, very quickly.
  • Seeing different visits based on mobile or computer visits, as well as different browsers lets you identify issues in each system.
  • The visit results are broken out by new and returning visitors, which is great for gaining insights into website usage.
  • Smartlook gathers information and provides heatmaps for your website, which are a great aggregate of user behavior.
  • I'd love for the default time at which the website replays happen to be 1x and not .5x.
I think any business looking to analyze their website data can benefit from Smartlook. Small businesses and can watch individual recordings and gain meaningful insights. Larger businesses can also export all the data into their database and do a more thorough analysis of behavior. Overall a great tool for any business that is looking for website analysis.
Read Kat Merriman's full review
Jeff Worcester profile photo
August 23, 2018

User Review: "Getting smarter with Smartlook"

We primarily use Smartlook in the digital marketing department. Insights from Smartlook recordings, heatmaps, and funnels have been turned into actionable items from user experience improvements to customer service initiatives. We've made major improvements as a result of Smartlook's tools.
  • The heat map scrolling feature helps us understand how much information our users are seeing and where they are dropping off.
  • The user recordings have been instrumental in creating user experience roadmaps.
  • The funnels have been very helpful in identifying where prospects are dropping off before becoming leads.
  • It would be nice if IP to company identification was displayed on recording profiles.
  • Often times stylesheets don't render properly and make the navigation section look bad.
  • Navigation drop downs do not get displayed when users click.
It's great to determine how users are engaging with the site and where potential site shortcomings exist.
Read Jeff Worcester's full review
Petr Nosek profile photo
August 23, 2018

User Review: "Smartlook can increase sales of e-shop"

I'm a web developer and co-owner of company JáNěkdo.CZ. I need feedback from my clients. For example - how they use the website or whether they are having any problems with orders. Smartlook is the way I can have this feedback. I can see what are people doing on my website and ways to improve it. I saved several orders on my e-shop.
  • Saving orders: I had bug on my website. Clients were making orders, but orders were not saving on my website. I found this problem in the evening. Without Smartlook all orders would have been lost. Because I'm using Smartlook, I find all orders from records and I process them.
  • Smartlook is recording what are people doing on my site. I can see, how are people thinking and improve my site for better sales.
  • I'm a small client with small company. Everything is comfortable for my purposes now.
1. For developing web - a developer can see what are people doing.
2. For increased sales in an e-shop. You can improve the efficiency of your campaigns.
Read Petr Nosek's full review
Javier Carmona profile photo
October 22, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Learn before you make a move"

I use this app to see how my clients interact with our website
  • Easy to install
  • Friendly interface
  • Good tutorials
  • I think a good improvement would be a connection with Mautic or other marketing automation apps
  • I would like to integrate Smartlook with Google Tag Manager so you can track events and see them in the video
I would give it a 10, because it is a really good app, and helps you to improve your website and learn about your customer's behaviors. Also, I think the heat map helps you a lot in improving the design of your website. For me, it is a great tool that everyone in the marketing side of any business should know.
Read Javier Carmona's full review
Lukas Dolezal profile photo
October 16, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Perfect tool to improve your site"

Smartlook helps us improve UX at our e-shop. Thanks to a better UX, the performance of the entire e-shop is increasing.
  • Data for heatmaps or funnels can also be retrieved retrospectively.
  • Smartlook records all site visitors not just a sample.
  • Videos can be accelerated or skipped in parts where the user is inactive
  • Nothing
  • Is not free :-)
Smartlook is suitable for anyone who wants to improve the performance of their site and find weaknesses where their visitors are lost.
Read Lukas Dolezal's full review
Aamer Shah profile photo
October 10, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Look the way they look"

Smartlook is something which I am using on multiple websites. Most of the sites are either personal or informational. Smartlook is a very good way to understand how people are reacting to your GUI and the website in general and helps you modify and plan your modules in a better way so that you have less visitor drop.
  • Captures GUI from client end
  • Less load on client network
  • Stealthy
  • I personally believe that having a free account is a good thing but it should come with less restrictions then it has right now.
  • There should be some way to record the iframes as well if the iframes belong to the owner
Smartlook is well suited for applications that are online and can be accessed on a browser. So that's the business model they have and that's pretty much working fine.
Read Aamer Shah's full review
Miguel Revelles profile photo
October 09, 2018

Review: "Very happy with Smartlook! Easy and really useful"

I use it for my personal website and it's working well.

I find it very useful to know how users are interacting in my site.

Heatmaps is also a very good tool to check quickly if you need to make changes in your web design.

Also, I find it interesting to check how many goals are successful.
  • Simple. Everybody can understand how it works.
  • Easy. Menus and options are very well explained.
  • Effectiveness. It really does what they promise.
  • I haven't found any yet. Honestly, I'm very happy with everything.
Is useful for any website at the beginning and after. A website is something that needs to be improved at any time to make the most with it.
Read Miguel Revelles's full review
José Chaves Neto profile photo
September 28, 2018

User Review: "Smartlook - watch this"

With Smartlook I can see the difficulty that my site presents regarding the interactivity of the clients in my site, where they click, if I can improve a button to click, etc. I can also see some point of the site that should be accessible to users but is not, so I redesign the website and buttons to make it more visually appealing for that to happen.
  • It gives me a notion of how the layout of my site is working
  • It lets me see how long my client stays on every page
  • Let me see the loading delays of an image on the site, if it is taking too long
  • It also gives me an idea of what path the customer is taking to arrive at a certain subject or product
  • Maybe it could couple with information from the analytics. I do not need to work with the two together, but maybe it would be good to be able to see each without having to stop the other entirely ... We are a Startup and we work with almost no money ...
Personally I like to watch when the customer enters my site. I start to cheer, so I press a certain button. Sometimes it's funny ... and according to how the customer browses, I know if he's interested in the product or if he's just curious. I like to study behavior mainly when I do some marketing with the product.
Read José Chaves Neto's full review
Martin Málik profile photo
September 25, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Better web page"

Smartlook helped us to find and to see errors while browsing our site. We monitor customer behavior on the web with it.
  • Visualization of behavior of our customer.
  • Possible filtering and setting view base on events.
  • See more visits of one customer.
  • Priced a little high for a small company.
  • A lot of changes during this year - dashboard, plan strategy.
It is a good tool for web page optimization.
Read Martin Málik's full review
Erik Nájera Ruiz profile photo
September 25, 2018

Smartlook Review: "See how users see you, as if you were watching Netflix !!!"

We are using Smartlook mainly as a tool that allows us to know exactly what the client is seeing, to determine the "visual" causes of bounces, the user experience when using an online personalization form and in general the browsing patterns: when it enters the main window, when it enters the landing of models or the landing of products, or directly to the product window.
  • It does not slow down the client's navigation. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
  • Watching a "live" recording is particularly useful to support a client who has problems at that moment.
  • The reproduction of the videos is very fluid.
  • The cost of the premium plan could be more accessible for companies like ours, which has a low budget for marketing and analytics issues.
  • We have not reached the point of connecting with Google Analytics, but at the time we would like it to be as simple and flexible as possible.
For companies like ours, which are just starting their activity on the internet as the main channel of sales, it is VITAL to use Smartlook and analyze what derives from them if you want to ensure the highest number of conversions and the least number of rebounds.
Read Erik Nájera Ruiz's full review
Azad Habib profile photo
September 17, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Very good, but sometimes won't load files correctly!"

I'm using it to see where my customers are clicking, and where they are in trouble. For example, I saw that I had a 404 link on my website that I forgot about. Smartlook helped me see that through a visitor. That made me fix the link for new potential visitors.
  • Helps you see where visitors click, and to some extent, what they think in that moment.
  • Smartlook can record on all landing pages which makes it perfect if something is wrong on a particular site.
  • As the example before, it helped me detect a 404 page.
  • When I see my recordings, most of the time the recording is not loading the page correctly, so I've had issues seeing what customers are doing.
  • It's not loading every CSS or Javascript file correctly. This might have something to do with the WordPress WP-rocket plugin
It is well suited for seeing where customers click, and how they respond to a special design or call to action button color.
Read Azad Habib's full review
Romane Vernet profile photo
September 17, 2018

User Review: "New to Smartlook and loving it."

Smartlook is being used for testing purposes. I discovered it about 6 or 7 months ago, so we are new to it. It is being used to see the activity of visitors on our site.
  • I love how it captures video of what's being done by a visitor. It allows us to better design and layout a page.
  • It's really organized well and the heatmaps are very useful.
  • The Smartlook team always seem to be adding features. I see there are funnels now. This is great.
  • Sine the introduction of funnels, I am assuming Smartlook is getting into marketing. I think having some sort of marketing automation or at least integrations with other marketing automation software would be nice.
  • A longer period for the trail.
  • A white label version. This software is great and would be a nice offering to sell to clients.
There are competitors that have heatmaps, but not video recordings. Smartlook has both and more. I think it's great for newly designed websites. It can give you perspective on how well the design translate to user interactions.
Read Romane Vernet's full review
Nir Bentziony profile photo
September 07, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Top leading session recording online tool"

Smartlook helps us to know visitors coming to the web funnels and websites better. Thanks to its super cool user interface you can browse between the recorded sessions. The technical department used it to improve conversion [based on] user behavior and clicks.
  • Sessions recording
  • User-friendly interface
  • Improve conversion
  • Tackle tricky bugs
[It's well suited to] understand how clients see your checkout page and make improvements accordingly.
Read Nir Bentziony's full review
Juraj Micka profile photo
September 06, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Used by digital marketing agency"

We use it for monitoring the behaviour of users on pages we create. We use this intel to tweak the design and copy of those pages and thus improve their performance.
  • Heatmaps
  • Recordings
  • Traffic source
  • Recording load time
It's good for performance marketing as it allows you to see the behaviour of people using the websites. Suitable for marketing agencies or someone who wants to improve performance of their website.
Read Juraj Micka's full review
Elizabeth Uchealor profile photo
September 03, 2018

"My honest Review about Smartlook"

I use Smartlook on my online store which is affiliated to my Blog. It has helped me to see the issues and difficulties that visitors had while visiting my online shop and hence enabled me to fix it
  • Ability to record visitors' journies from the landing page to the very time they leave my page
  • Records events and heat maps hence enabling you to know your most visited page on the store
  • It also made it easy for me to decipher what problems my store had and to fix it
  • I would prefer that they explain their terms more, I found it difficult to configure the events part
It's suitable for online businesses that sell goods, because you can see what your customers are clicking on and you are able to fix it. But if you are selling things on your blog, I do not see how it helps you, except if you want to see user interaction with your blog.
Read Elizabeth Uchealor's full review
Péter György Faragó profile photo
August 31, 2018

User Review: "SmartLook is good with just one con"

I use Smartlook for both private and commercial websites connected to my account, and web development activity. I use it to detect how users browse our website.
  • I can manage more websites from the same account
  • Heatmaps are useful
  • Also shows IP addresses and country data on the general interface.
  • I really hate the capabilities of the trial version, there are not many features for those who can’t pay for the service or who would like to test it.
The general information about website visits and the heatmaps is soooo good, I really love it. Though I do have problems with restrictions on the trial-only version.
Read Péter György Faragó's full review
Craig Anthony profile photo
August 31, 2018

Review: "Look no further than Smartlook. Real time Magic"

This amazing piece of software is exactly what was needed for us. It helps us monitor visitors to our site and in real time we can see if there is is any issues. With running both ticket sales and a magazine it helps us see what stands out and how users use our site. And we can improve. So far this software matches our needs and works seamlessly with WordPress.

Smartlook gets my vote. And a must for any monitoring team.
  • Real time information
  • It shows replays of how visitors act on your website.
  • Works great with WordPress
  • Maybe more clear on returning users with an IP capture to prevent spam
  • An option to block IPs or users directly
Its suits our needs fully. We wanted to ensure users are getting the best website experience. And this is a great tool for monitoring just that. If links are not working we see, and if we try and create eye catching areas of interests we can see if it works.
Read Craig Anthony's full review
Jose Abraham Garcia profile photo
August 31, 2018

User Review: "Smartlook is great!"

We're using Smartlook to understand the user behavior in our site, it has been very valuable and has actually helped us detect some critical bugs and improvements to our webpage that have increased our conversion rate.
  • Great at tracking user behavior
  • You can also do conversion funnels easily
  • The heat maps are also a great tool
  • No cons so far
It is well suited for tracking user behavior and aggregating it in a webpage.
Read Jose Abraham Garcia's full review
Mauricio Torres profile photo
August 31, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Great software to make a user research on your webApp or pages."

To know how users move through the app and website app. Excellent service!!
  • Record user behaviour through the conversion funnel
  • To know what a user does inside the web app, this give us the insights to know what's working and enhance the UX.
  • Simple to understand the user's behaviour on our platform
  • Make integrations with more softwares like ActiveCampaign
  • Show more data and better organized, by users.
If you want to know know how a certain page (like a product page) works or other type of page, that's important.

Very useful to me and my team.
Read Mauricio Torres's full review
September 21, 2018

Smartlook Review: "Better find another solution"

We tracked users with Smartlook for a few months. All our engineering team had access to the tool. We are a small team, so everyone could access it at any time. We were looking for solutions through which we can gain insight on our users' behaviour. Smartlook was one of the solutions we tried.
  • Records most of the visits we are aware of and connects recordings based on users, not on sessions.
  • Customer support is awful. The reps are not nice and requests are not treated well.
  • Company's culture can be seen through interaction with anyone with Smartlook. It is toxic.
  • Too pushy on a purchase. The freemium version was downgraded to a point that it cannot be used, just to force everyone to pay.
  • Have I already mentioned customer support and culture? Horrible!
If you need just the tool, fine, but once you get to speak with someone, you realize it's been a mistake becoming their customer. We've been their paying and freemium customers. Both are treated poorly and in the same way. I do not see myself relying on them in the long run.

Smartlook Scorecard Summary

About Smartlook

Smartlook is a product analytics solution that helps businesses of all sizes and industries get an insider look into how their websites and apps work. The product is used by 200,000 businesses.

Smartlook enables you to see exactly what your visitors see through always-on recordings and multi-device heatmaps. Additionally, the product now offers new automatic event tracking and conversion funnels, to help you you get the complete picture of how your visitors behave on your website or app.

The vendor aims to help you to make informed and quick UX improvements so you can deliver the best customer experience.

Smartlook Features

Has featureAlways-on visitor recordings
Has featureAutomatic event tracking
Has featureConversion funnel
Has featureHeatmaps
Has featureVisitor journey
Has featureJS errors in console
Has featureAPI and user identification
Has featureSegments and filters
Has featureHistorical data in heatmaps
Has featureScroll heatmaps
Has featureRecording of mobile visitors
Has featureMove heatmaps

Smartlook Screenshots

Smartlook Integrations

Smartlook Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?Optional

Smartlook Customer Size Distribution

Enterprises (> 500 employees)Enterprises (> 500 employees)

Smartlook Support Options