Smartsheet

Smartsheet Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Every time we needed customer support, it was available - from the time we first started evaluating until we went "live." We really didn't need to call the folks in customer support too often as we quickly established some SME within our department who could provide this support when needed by team members.
I give this rating because it fills a niche in the market. MS Project scares many away from proper task management but there are limited tools our there, especially cloud-based that are mobile-friendly. Smartsheet fills this market gap, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. IT is not fair to compare it to MS Project, but fairer to see what gaps it fills.
Overall, I would say that Smartsheet has provided our organization with the support that it has needed in our over 5 years of using the software. We have not had an issue outside of user management and that was handled within adequate time. New features always take their toll on our users, but it is always handled well and the learning curve is never too large.
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have had several instances during my history with Smartsheet where I have needed assistance to solve a problem. I have been able to research videos and forums that have ample resources and examples for me to learn from. Additionally, Smartsheet offers significant in-house resources to help individuals with issues as well. They have several tools to help understand formula translations, dashboard creation, and sheet linking. In my opinion, they have an incredibly adaptive and responsive helpdesk to better assist users.
Garry Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have not had many instances to use SmartSheet support. The few interactions I have had have been helpful, but I don't have much to go off of in this category. Maybe that's a good thing if I've been using the tool for 2 years and haven't really had to reach out to support very often?
December 20, 2019

Smartsheet at its best!

Shannon Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Overall it worked great for what my company wanted to get accomplished. Implementing this new software eliminated daunting tasks, which allowed for more time management. Production began to see improvement while operations were able to follow the trends. I would rate Smartsheet overall as very good being more compatible, user-friendly, and decent budget costing.
Blake Baron | TrustRadius Reviewer
Smartsheet is excellent software for small businesses and agile teams within large organizations alike. It's not overly expensive for the functionality you receive and sports an intuitive interface in a format that everybody is familiar with. I give it a nine instead of a ten only because the jump up into Enterprise and Premier pricing is quite large.
Though I receive emails from an account manager at Smartsheet regarding account renewal, payment, etc., when I respond to those emails, I don't receive a reply. Online support, FAQ, etc. is fine, but direct contact over email should be much better than it is.
They're a smaller company but they've always given great service when we rarely need to reach out. Pretty good online content but a bigger user base would help to produce more content in a self-sufficient community much as we see with Salesforce. To be fair we haven't needed their direct customer support very often. The sales guys are nice and not too pushy!
All in all, the user interface is so good that we never needed support. I’m sure the Smartsheet team is ready and willing to help, but the product was highly accessible after rollout. I recall seeing an email about features and free templates to explore and that was more than sufficient for an intermediate user like myself.

Smartsheet Scorecard Summary

Project Management (14)
Task Management (125)
Resource Management (109)
Gantt Charts (108)
Scheduling (111)
Workflow Automation (99)
Team Collaboration (121)
Support for Agile Methodology (80)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (76)
Document Management (101)
Email integration (97)
Mobile Access (95)
Timesheet Tracking (64)
Change request and Case Management (68)
Budget and Expense Management (75)
Professional Services Automation (4)
Quotes/estimates (44)
Invoicing (37)
Project & financial reporting (60)
Integration with accounting software (33)

What is Smartsheet?

Smartsheet is an online project management and collaboration tool from Smartsheet.inc in Bellevue, Washington. The software has a characteristic spreadsheet like interface but contains the full panoply of features expected of project management and collaboration software, such as automated alerts, instantaneous updating and sharing across team members, resource management facilitating budgeting and task allocation, nested tasks organized in a hierarchy, a Gantt chart view, the ready production of exportable reports (e.g. Excel), and integration with email. Across spreadsheets cells can be linked allowing the creation of master spreadsheets that provide ready summaries or automated reports. Smartsheet's capabilities can be expanded with a multitude of apps (e.g. Dropbox, Google Apps) or integrated into combinatory solutions (e.g. with Salesforce) to tailor fit business needs. It supports full mobile access.

Three tiers cover Smartsheet's pricing options. The Basic level provides core features for small groups of individuals, while the Team level is recommended for groups of up to 50 people and supports more user features, allows multiple sheet creators, and has reporting functions. The Enterprise level is a custom fit tier for groups of greater than 50 individuals or companies, and may include dedicated support personnel if desired.

Smartsheet Video