Smartsheet Reviews

Cameron Stenmark | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Smartsheet - The Best Collaborative Spreadsheet Tool For Your Business Needs

Support Rating

Overall, I would say that Smartsheet has provided our organization with the support that it has needed in our over 5 years of using the software. We have not had an issue outside of user management and that was handled within adequate time. New features always take their toll on our users, but it is always handled well and the learning curve is never too large.
Read Cameron Stenmark's full review
February 23, 2020

Try Smartsheet and your team will thank you for it

Support Rating

Though I receive emails from an account manager at Smartsheet regarding account renewal, payment, etc., when I respond to those emails, I don't receive a reply. Online support, FAQ, etc. is fine, but direct contact over email should be much better than it is.
Jesse Bickel | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

MS Project too much? Find the right fit, in the middle, with SmartSheet

Support Rating

I give this rating because it fills a niche in the market. MS Project scares many away from proper task management but there are limited tools our there, especially cloud-based that are mobile-friendly. Smartsheet fills this market gap, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. IT is not fair to compare it to MS Project, but fairer to see what gaps it fills.
Read Jesse Bickel's full review
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

A cloud-based collaboration tool that is fit to scale any kind of business

Support Rating

I have had several instances during my history with Smartsheet where I have needed assistance to solve a problem. I have been able to research videos and forums that have ample resources and examples for me to learn from. Additionally, Smartsheet offers significant in-house resources to help individuals with issues as well. They have several tools to help understand formula translations, dashboard creation, and sheet linking. In my opinion, they have an incredibly adaptive and responsive helpdesk to better assist users.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
Garry Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Dynamic, extensible, project management that adapts to your style and needs

Support Rating

I have not had many instances to use SmartSheet support. The few interactions I have had have been helpful, but I don't have much to go off of in this category. Maybe that's a good thing if I've been using the tool for 2 years and haven't really had to reach out to support very often?
Read Garry Adams's full review
Shannon Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2019

Smartsheet at its best!

Support Rating

Overall it worked great for what my company wanted to get accomplished. Implementing this new software eliminated daunting tasks, which allowed for more time management. Production began to see improvement while operations were able to follow the trends. I would rate Smartsheet overall as very good being more compatible, user-friendly, and decent budget costing.
Read Shannon Allen's full review
Blake Baron | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 26, 2019

Lightweight project management software you can use on Day 1

Support Rating

Smartsheet is excellent software for small businesses and agile teams within large organizations alike. It's not overly expensive for the functionality you receive and sports an intuitive interface in a format that everybody is familiar with. I give it a nine instead of a ten only because the jump up into Enterprise and Premier pricing is quite large.
Read Blake Baron's full review
Marcus Torres | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 10, 2019

A tool that allows for co-collaboration across teams and projects

Support Rating

Overall, our experience has been good, in regards to response times and overall support for our needs and how we utilize their product. We have not had any issues that have not been responded too. The experience with their support teams has been adequate, as they have offered alternatives to features not supported and additional training when required.
Read Marcus Torres's full review
EDUARDO SANDOVAL | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2019

Powerful modern project manager, easy to use and with excellent functionality

Support Rating

I think it can be improved because it delays the processes when issues occur and there is no support. I suggest that in the next version release they have telephone support or live chat. Through the electronic medium, although a response is obtained, it is delayed and untimely which generates delays in the processes and execution of the tasks. We need technical support that is available 24 hours a day and that provides real-time assistance.
Read EDUARDO SANDOVAL's full review
Ravi Ansal | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 13, 2019

Like an online Excel++ and easy to use

Support Rating

They not only helped us with the setup but also in the initial training.
We had an issue where we were using Smartsheet for free and with multiple accounts, and they helped us with combining all the open accounts and moving the exiting data to our new account. So, there was no data loss and they helped move Excel-based formula data easily to the new sheets.
Read Ravi Ansal's full review

Task Management (94)
Resource Management (84)
Gantt Charts (80)
Scheduling (83)
Workflow Automation (72)
Team Collaboration (91)
Support for Agile Methodology (57)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (55)
Document Management (75)
Email integration (71)
Mobile Access (70)
Timesheet Tracking (45)
Change request and Case Management (49)
Budget and Expense Management (54)
Quotes/estimates (25)
Invoicing (21)
Project & financial reporting (40)
Integration with accounting software (18)

About Smartsheet

Smartsheet is an online project management and collaboration tool from Smartsheet.inc in Bellevue, Washington. The software has a characteristic spreadsheet like interface but contains the full panoply of features expected of project management and collaboration software, such as automated alerts, instantaneous updating and sharing across team members, resource management facilitating budgeting and task allocation, nested tasks organized in a hierarchy, a Gantt chart view, the ready production of exportable reports (e.g. Excel), and integration with email. Across spreadsheets cells can be linked allowing the creation of master spreadsheets that provide ready summaries or automated reports. Smartsheet's capabilities can be expanded with a multitude of apps (e.g. Dropbox, Google Apps) or integrated into combinatory solutions (e.g. with Salesforce) to tailor fit business needs. It supports full mobile access.

Three tiers cover Smartsheet's pricing options. The Basic level provides core features for small groups of individuals, while the Team level is recommended for groups of up to 50 people and supports more user features, allows multiple sheet creators, and has reporting functions. The Enterprise level is a custom fit tier for groups of greater than 50 individuals or companies, and may include dedicated support personnel if desired.

Smartsheet Competitors