https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Q0/dd/OWP4SI08NJN1.PNGSnap Survey! Great all arounderIt is used to develop surveys and collect survey data. Myself and 2 others are currently using it. Overall, it's used for brand trackers and short customer experience surveys. For the surveys that we do that aren't entirely complex, this is a perfect tool to use. It's also easy to access anywhere since this is a cloud-based survey platform like most other competitors.,Survey development Data collection Quick analysis Interactive tutorials,Nothing really. It's fine the way it is. Much cheaper than some competitors.,6,Save more money than using competitive product and does the same thing Faster implementation Targeting specific respondents,Qualtrics, SurveyGizmo and SurveyMonkey,Qualtrics, SurveyGizmo,Employee Surveys Customer Surveys Research StudiesProbably the best survey software in the world....I use Snap to run online surveys for my clients. I'm a marketing research freelancer and founder of TG Research. Online surveys and project management are two of my key service offerings. My clients include market research organizations who value the full functionality of a well-established piece of survey software like Snap. My clients in other sectors find the surveys I produce professional, extremely user-friendly and appreciate how they are branded to match their corporate identity. Prior to working for myself I set up and managed the Research Services team at Snap at their UK HQ. When I left the company in 2012 to relocate to the US I did not hesitate in continuing to use Snap for my surveys. I have worked on projects where other survey software packages have been used over the last three years but they did not measure up to the high standards I was accustomed to.,Snap has wonderful vast functionality. I love showing off it's latest new features! As well as online surveys, you can produce mobile, paper and kiosk versions with Snap. You can run surveys in multiple languages (including double-byte such as Japanese and Chinese) and analyze all the results together. Smart reporting is definitely worth checking out if you have multiple tailored reports to produce over time. Their support people are extremely professional and knowledgeable. Their worksheets (available on their website) are invaluable and very well written. Their Research Department, staffed by guru users of the software, can provide additional resource for a fee.,Some functions can be a little fiddly to set up if you don't use them very often but usability has definitely improved since I started using version 4+ in 1997!,10,Using a professional survey package enhances my reputation as a research professional. I have been able to use the software's functionality to exceed my clients expectations.,10,No,Price Product Features Prior Experience with the Product Existing Relationship with the Vendor,Implemented in-house,No,There are easy to use quick start templates for questionnaire design where you just add question text and answers. The software takes care of the layout. Branding your survey to match your organization is easy. You can insert your organization logo and even match the tick boxes and progress bars to your company's colors. Snap has an incredibly useful instant summary report for every new survey you build. There is chart, table or list of open ended responses prebuilt for every survey. This is automatically updated with results in real time.,Some of the advanced features can be tricky to set up if you don't do use them very often. However, there is usually a worksheet on the topic to guide you through any new / less used functions.,Yes, but I don't use it,7Snap Surveys ReviewWe use Snap surveys in our division of the company. We needed a powerful survey tool that was customizable, and allowed for complicated skip patterns, as well as something that allowed us to keep the data we collected secure.,Snap provides the programmer with a lot of control on the back end of surveys. There is room for complicated skip patterns, seeding data (both from a linked database and from answers to previous questions), derived variables, masking questions, etc. Snap allows you to format the survey and make it look more professional and appealing than other survey programs do. Snap allows us to easily roll-out of administration. We often launch a survey and need to add respondents after the initial launch. This is a very easy process.,Snap needs to provide better documentation and support. It is a very powerful tool, but I often can't access the power because their training or help tools are not there. (However, they are very helpful if you call or email them.) I wish Snap was more "programmer friendly." What I mean by that is that I would like to be able to open up a single space where I can write and edit the code for my skip patterns and other programmed options for all of my questions. Currently I need to open every question individually to edit the code behind it. The space given to edit the code is extremely small as well, so if the code is long I cannot see it all at one time. I wish Snap was more intuitive. Most things are accomplished through a drop down menu, but I can never find what I'm looking for and the names for the tools don't make sense to me.,7,Our aim is to create surveys that are easy to use from the respondents perspective. Snap helps us do that. Snap allows us to be more creative and push the limits with surveys in a way that we could not do with paper surveys.,,8,Implemented in-houseSnap Surveys aren't a snap but their sophistication allowed us to solve a complex problemWe are a Federal Government contractor supporting several government agencies, and our primary use case for Snap Surveys is on a project supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). We use Snap Surveys primarily to implement a system where Hospital Associations can administer a tool to their constituent hospitals and report anonymized data back to us. We purchased all the licenses and provided directions and support to all the associations so that they could administer the tool to their hospitals. The hospital associations have collected We also use Snap Surveys for smaller, less formal uses such as small, one-time surveys. We also once used Snap Surveys to collect file submissions from people as a file upload location.,File upload capability: I can build a question such that the user can attach a file to the survey as part of an answer Complex logic: Snap Surveys is the most sophisticated survey software I have used in this regard. Skip logic, answer piping, etc are all very advanced Customer Support: I get a live response either right when I call or a call back within a few hours. Their tech support and sales people are top-notch.,Difficulty of use: Since the software has such sophistication, using all the features requires a very detailed understanding which takes a lot of time and effort. Tiering of features: The licensing model is a bit unclear and not the easiest to understand.,6,Successful completion of project: Snap Surveys helped us implement a system that met the complex needs of the project. The client is happy.,,8Snaps SurveysIt is easy to learn and was a great asset to the company. The SNAPS help desk was always helpful. The surveys were easy to customize and you will be able to create surveys for different departments.,The training helped me to customize surveys for the different departments that the office of IR served. Surveys were easy to create and gathering information was made easy because SnapsSurveys worked well with SPSS. Once surveys were created I could scan them and have the results to my boss in less than an hour depending on the size of the survey group. Snaps customer service reps were always willing to help.,Free online basic training. FAQ section for the beginners. SNAPs wizard to help make the surveys.,10,Information gathered from surveys could be measured by key figures. Increased employee efficiency, and help with better customer service. Each department could review the finding and put them to use.,,10
Windows
SnapSurveys

SnapSurveys Reviews

SnapSurveys
Filter 10 vetted SnapSurveys reviews and ratings
November 29, 2018

SnapSurveys Review: "Snap Survey! Great all arounder"

• Survey development
  • Data collection
  • Quick analysis
  • Interactive tutorials
  • Nothing really. It's fine the way it is. Much cheaper than some competitors.
It is well suited for developing online surveys and online survey data collection in any aspect. For surveys that have to be programmed to more complexity, this may not be the best tool to use, maybe one one with a better user experience. I do like that there are a wide variety of reports available based on the content.
Tamara Gooderham profile photo
November 20, 2015

SnapSurveys Review: "Probably the best survey software in the world...."

• Snap has wonderful vast functionality. I love showing off it's latest new features!
  • As well as online surveys, you can produce mobile, paper and kiosk versions with Snap.
  • You can run surveys in multiple languages (including double-byte such as Japanese and Chinese) and analyze all the results together.
  • Smart reporting is definitely worth checking out if you have multiple tailored reports to produce over time.
  • Their support people are extremely professional and knowledgeable.
  • Their worksheets (available on their website) are invaluable and very well written.
  • Their Research Department, staffed by guru users of the software, can provide additional resource for a fee.
  • Some functions can be a little fiddly to set up if you don't use them very often but usability has definitely improved since I started using version 4+ in 1997!
Snap is wonderful. It's great value for money for the functionality it offers. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who carries out regular surveys. I'd advise you to invest some time in learning how to use the software properly to get the most out of it or perhaps commission Snap's Research Department to set up your initial questionnaire design and analysis and then take it in-house. You can save and load their style templates onto subsequent surveys to make them look fantastic. The software keeps getting better so I'd definitely recommend paying the modest fee for Snap Plus each year (support and upgrades). Support and upgrades are free for the first 12 months after your initial purchase.
Read Tamara Gooderham's full review
Naomi Tyler profile photo
April 29, 2015

SnapSurveys: "Snap Surveys Review"

• Snap provides the programmer with a lot of control on the back end of surveys. There is room for complicated skip patterns, seeding data (both from a linked database and from answers to previous questions), derived variables, masking questions, etc.
  • Snap allows you to format the survey and make it look more professional and appealing than other survey programs do.
  • Snap allows us to easily roll-out of administration. We often launch a survey and need to add respondents after the initial launch. This is a very easy process.
  • Snap needs to provide better documentation and support. It is a very powerful tool, but I often can't access the power because their training or help tools are not there. (However, they are very helpful if you call or email them.)
  • I wish Snap was more "programmer friendly." What I mean by that is that I would like to be able to open up a single space where I can write and edit the code for my skip patterns and other programmed options for all of my questions. Currently I need to open every question individually to edit the code behind it. The space given to edit the code is extremely small as well, so if the code is long I cannot see it all at one time.
  • I wish Snap was more intuitive. Most things are accomplished through a drop down menu, but I can never find what I'm looking for and the names for the tools don't make sense to me.
Snap is great if you want to create a complicated, professional-looking survey and house your data in a secure place. It is a bit cumbersome to learn, but they do have great support staff to help.
Read Naomi Tyler's full review
Jonathan Crane profile photo
December 04, 2014

SnapSurveys Review: "Snap Surveys aren't a snap but their sophistication allowed us to solve a complex problem"

• File upload capability: I can build a question such that the user can attach a file to the survey as part of an answer
  • Complex logic: Snap Surveys is the most sophisticated survey software I have used in this regard. Skip logic, answer piping, etc are all very advanced
  • Customer Support: I get a live response either right when I call or a call back within a few hours. Their tech support and sales people are top-notch.
  • Difficulty of use: Since the software has such sophistication, using all the features requires a very detailed understanding which takes a lot of time and effort.
  • Tiering of features: The licensing model is a bit unclear and not the easiest to understand.
How complex is the logic of the survey? The more complex, the more suited Snap is.
How much money do you have to spend? Snap Surveys is expensive.
Are you willing to invest the time of a smart person from your team or pay for an expert? The learning curve is steep.
Read Jonathan Crane's full review
Christina O'Steen profile photo
July 01, 2014

SnapSurveys Review: "Snaps Surveys"

• The training helped me to customize surveys for the different departments that the office of IR served.
  • Surveys were easy to create and gathering information was made easy because SnapsSurveys worked well with SPSS.
  • Once surveys were created I could scan them and have the results to my boss in less than an hour depending on the size of the survey group.
  • Snaps customer service reps were always willing to help.
  • Free online basic training.
  • FAQ section for the beginners.
  • SNAPs wizard to help make the surveys.
Include cost of training in the cost of the product.
Read Christina O'Steen's full review
Phil Kopel profile photo
March 01, 2014

Review: "SnapSurveys: a full featured questionnaire design and analysis progam at a reasonable price"

Snap is very versatile and we use it for a variety of purposes within our organization to support best practices. With respect to academic studies, we conduct large web-based statewide benchmark and longitudinal tracking surveys among adults across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and capture in-depth qualitative information among specialized targeted populations. Also, a primary focus of my department is to evaluate programs and services with regular evidence based results. Snap is used as an ongoing tool to track customer satisfaction with our Helpline, evaluate trainers, courses, conferences and retreats and measuring program effectiveness by tracking the level of knowledge transfer before and after clinicians participate in our Institute.
  • Snap Survey Software is fairly easy to use and is very powerful. As the researcher writes the questionnaire, the database structure, routing patterns, format, layout are all integrated. For something so powerful, it is amazingly intuitive.
  • In addition to being an excellent questionnaire designer, it has terrific reporting capability from basic cross tabs to statistical analysis. Because the analytic functionality is built into the program, the data is clean and it minimizes analysis mistakes which can easily be made by transferring data into a standalone analysis package. Most statistical analysis (T test, Z test, Chi Square, Mean, Median, Mode, Std Deviation ... can be done in this program. Unless you are using higher level statistics this package can serve your needs.
  • Snap 11 know has "Smart reporting" capability which is more complex and not for everyone but if you need it, it can be terrific. We are using it to provide standard reports, in which the time periods change. For each quarter, we can generate a new standardized report with new charts and analysis with just a few keystokes.
  • Snap WebHost allows us to collect data and manage the survey on the web. We use it for consumer web-surveys and also as a computer aided data entry device for our internal work.
  • While SNAP does a great job of providing instruction worksheets that can help researchers "muddle through" some of the less known survey features. Some of the time I wish that they could just make some of the functions easier, without needing to look at the FAQ worksheets or email tech support.
  • They provide a variety of standard tables and charts and you can tweak and save for your own templates. However, they provide the ability to change so many things, that it can be a bit exhausting trying and testing each little change to get it just right. I think they could make that process a bit quicker and shrink the learning curve.
  • While I have been using this program regularly for over 20 years and have seen the functionality grow to where it is today, I think if you only use it occasionally, it may be a challenge when you come back to it to remember how everything works. The good news is that free Tech Support is part of the annual maintenance contract and they are great and very responsive.
I think it is very important to go through their training videos and user guides. Devote the time to learning it correctly from the beginning. In the long run you will enjoy it much more than plowing right into it and then trying to find out if you did it right. Also, while you are not required to buy the annual maintenance contract, I think if you are going to use the program, don't skimp, buy the annual maintenance contract. The free technical support is necessary, especially when you are up against deadlines.
Read Phil Kopel's full review
Casey Iannone profile photo
March 01, 2014

User Review: "SnapSurveys equals great variety."

I have experience using SnapSurveys for a variety of assessments purposes in higher education. This includes assessing classroom learning outcomes, gaining demographic and background information from various campus constituencies across campus which may be used to drive new policies and procedures. I have also used it in gaining feedback about the campus environment, from faculty, staff, and students.

Every time I have used SnapSurveys I am always impressed with the great variety of how you can administer your survey. Having the ability to use paper, tablet, pdf, online, as well as many others, is a fantastic way to ensure you are not leaving out any demographic. I have tried other products that only offer e-mail surveys and have received fewer responses because of this. I am always impressed with the user interface and ease of use of SnapSurvey products. Though it is not used throughout the entire organization, I am consistently advocating for its use by others.
  • Provides a great selection of mediums for administering surveys.
  • Has the ability to administer your survey in many languages.
  • Great support for products.
  • Though the user interface is easy to navigate, it would be nice to see is design updated to something more aesthetically pleasing.
If you are looking to get a large sample response for you survey SnapSurveys is great for this. As mentioned before, it provides many options for data collection.
Read Casey Iannone's full review

Survey templates (1)
Themes (1)
Custom logo/branding (1)
Changes to live survey (1)
Question design help (1)
Multiple question types (1)
Survey logic flexibility (1)
Response tracking (1)
Data export (1)
Standard reports (1)
Custom reports (1)
Analytics (1)
Access controls (1)
Compliance (1)

About SnapSurveys

Snap Surveys offers both Survey Software and Feedback Management Solutions, including desktop survey software, online feedback management solutions, and survey research services.

Snap Surveys offers complete tools for survey design, administration, data collection, and analysis. Snap Surveys supports all survey modes, including: Online, Mobile (including iPad/iPhone/Android), Paper, Kiosk, Phone, Scanning, and Tablet PC, in any language with robust analysis and reporting capabilities, including tables, charts, reports, and descriptive and multivariate statistics.

The survey software is very extensible – MS Access or SQL database connectivity and seamless integration with SPSS and MS Office.

SnapSurveys Features

Has featureResponsive design
Survey Content Features
Has featureMultimedia content
Has featureDrag-and-drop editor
Has featureChanges to live survey
Has featureQuestion bank
Has featureAnalytics
Survey Integrations Features
Has featureCRM Integration
Has featureSocial media integration
Does not have featureE-commerce integration
Does not have featureTestimonials widget
Survey Automation Features
Has featureEmail distribution
Has featureCross-channel distribution
Has featureCustom survey URLs
Has featureEmbeddable surveys
Does not have featureSite intercept surveys
Has feature360 Degree feedback
Has featureAnonymous responses
Has featureVendor-offered crowdsourcing
Has featureUnlimited questions per survey
Has featureUnlimited responses per survey
Has featureRespondent restrictions