Reviews (1-7 of 7)
Pros and Cons
- Snap has wonderful vast functionality. I love showing off it's latest new features!
- As well as online surveys, you can produce mobile, paper and kiosk versions with Snap.
- You can run surveys in multiple languages (including double-byte such as Japanese and Chinese) and analyze all the results together.
- Smart reporting is definitely worth checking out if you have multiple tailored reports to produce over time.
- Their support people are extremely professional and knowledgeable.
- Their worksheets (available on their website) are invaluable and very well written.
- Their Research Department, staffed by guru users of the software, can provide additional resource for a fee.
- Some functions can be a little fiddly to set up if you don't use them very often but usability has definitely improved since I started using version 4+ in 1997!
Pros and Cons
- Snap provides the programmer with a lot of control on the back end of surveys. There is room for complicated skip patterns, seeding data (both from a linked database and from answers to previous questions), derived variables, masking questions, etc.
- Snap allows you to format the survey and make it look more professional and appealing than other survey programs do.
- Snap allows us to easily roll-out of administration. We often launch a survey and need to add respondents after the initial launch. This is a very easy process.
- Snap needs to provide better documentation and support. It is a very powerful tool, but I often can't access the power because their training or help tools are not there. (However, they are very helpful if you call or email them.)
- I wish Snap was more "programmer friendly." What I mean by that is that I would like to be able to open up a single space where I can write and edit the code for my skip patterns and other programmed options for all of my questions. Currently I need to open every question individually to edit the code behind it. The space given to edit the code is extremely small as well, so if the code is long I cannot see it all at one time.
- I wish Snap was more intuitive. Most things are accomplished through a drop down menu, but I can never find what I'm looking for and the names for the tools don't make sense to me.
Pros and Cons
- File upload capability: I can build a question such that the user can attach a file to the survey as part of an answer
- Complex logic: Snap Surveys is the most sophisticated survey software I have used in this regard. Skip logic, answer piping, etc are all very advanced
- Customer Support: I get a live response either right when I call or a call back within a few hours. Their tech support and sales people are top-notch.
- Difficulty of use: Since the software has such sophistication, using all the features requires a very detailed understanding which takes a lot of time and effort.
- Tiering of features: The licensing model is a bit unclear and not the easiest to understand.
Pros and Cons
- The training helped me to customize surveys for the different departments that the office of IR served.
- Surveys were easy to create and gathering information was made easy because SnapsSurveys worked well with SPSS.
- Once surveys were created I could scan them and have the results to my boss in less than an hour depending on the size of the survey group.
- Snaps customer service reps were always willing to help.
- Free online basic training.
- FAQ section for the beginners.
- SNAPs wizard to help make the surveys.
Pros and Cons
- Snap Survey Software is fairly easy to use and is very powerful. As the researcher writes the questionnaire, the database structure, routing patterns, format, layout are all integrated. For something so powerful, it is amazingly intuitive.
- In addition to being an excellent questionnaire designer, it has terrific reporting capability from basic cross tabs to statistical analysis. Because the analytic functionality is built into the program, the data is clean and it minimizes analysis mistakes which can easily be made by transferring data into a standalone analysis package. Most statistical analysis (T test, Z test, Chi Square, Mean, Median, Mode, Std Deviation ... can be done in this program. Unless you are using higher level statistics this package can serve your needs.
- Snap 11 know has "Smart reporting" capability which is more complex and not for everyone but if you need it, it can be terrific. We are using it to provide standard reports, in which the time periods change. For each quarter, we can generate a new standardized report with new charts and analysis with just a few keystokes.
- Snap WebHost allows us to collect data and manage the survey on the web. We use it for consumer web-surveys and also as a computer aided data entry device for our internal work.
- While SNAP does a great job of providing instruction worksheets that can help researchers "muddle through" some of the less known survey features. Some of the time I wish that they could just make some of the functions easier, without needing to look at the FAQ worksheets or email tech support.
- They provide a variety of standard tables and charts and you can tweak and save for your own templates. However, they provide the ability to change so many things, that it can be a bit exhausting trying and testing each little change to get it just right. I think they could make that process a bit quicker and shrink the learning curve.
- While I have been using this program regularly for over 20 years and have seen the functionality grow to where it is today, I think if you only use it occasionally, it may be a challenge when you come back to it to remember how everything works. The good news is that free Tech Support is part of the annual maintenance contract and they are great and very responsive.
Pros and Cons
- Provides a great selection of mediums for administering surveys.
- Has the ability to administer your survey in many languages.
- Great support for products.
- Though the user interface is easy to navigate, it would be nice to see is design updated to something more aesthetically pleasing.
SnapSurveys Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Snap Surveys offers both Survey Software and Feedback Management Solutions, including desktop survey software, online feedback management solutions, and survey research services.
Snap Surveys offers complete tools for survey design, administration, data collection, and analysis. Snap Surveys supports all survey modes, including: Online, Mobile (including iPad/iPhone/Android), Paper, Kiosk, Phone, Scanning, and Tablet PC, in any language with robust analysis and reporting capabilities, including tables, charts, reports, and descriptive and multivariate statistics.
The survey software is very extensible – MS Access or SQL database connectivity and seamless integration with SPSS and MS Office.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
SnapSurveys Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Online Support Hub|
SnapSurveys Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web, Tablet, Kiosk|
|Supported Countries:||North America, Europe, South America, Asia|