Reviews (1-6 of 6)
Review: "SocialCast - Software to implement an internal social network and very useful to improve team collaboration"
SocialCast is used by the IT department of my company.
We use SocialCast to create an internal social network for employees to help them integrate with other people in different areas and improve their own productivity when working in teams. It is an environment that can be used to share ideas and documents but it can be used for social interaction also.
We are now starting to use it to schedule our meetings and to share common files related to projects.
SocialCast is also excellent to deliver important messages to everybody in a simple way instead of sending tons of emails every day.
- You can create public spaces separated by subjects of interests and put members inside.
- Private messages are available to create a privacy between members.
- You can follow a member to see any thoughts and ideas shared in the social network.
- Single sign-on (SSO) support. It may help to convince people to adopt the platform
- The tool used to say "thanks" to another member for some accomplishment is amazing!
- The software is a little bit pricey because it is charged by user/month and depending on the deployment method.
- For companies with a lot of workers the price can increase significantly.
- The mobile app usability and notifications are poor. Need to be improved.
- If there were more administrative features available the product would be improved
Also you can use it to improve communication between people by creating a specific conversation about some project, for instance. There are some basic functionalities like file sharing and chat history that can help you keep track of your activities and progress.
We tried to use Socialcast as our Intranet but could not garner enough user interest and there was some missing functionality.
As a notification system, we have setup email alerts on our ERP that emails Socialcast which then posts the email as a post under the ERP user account.
The email message includes data tags that users can then subscribe to get notified via email. This puts the users in control of the ERP notifications instead of having to go into the ERP script to change the recipient list every time a change is needed.
- Email Notifications
- Light Projects
- Idea Boards
- Mobile App does not provide enough functionality to be useful, but improvements have been made.
- More workflow tools
- More common business process apps
- Had an easy to use interface.
- The ability to opt in and out of various groups is great.
- It works great for large companies with lots of people.
- I had some issues with uploading photos where they would turn out upside down.
- No organized file system.
- Socialcast offers project management tools, where you can upload files, and set up checklists right on the platform.
- It allowed my team across different countries to convene in a single platform, where it was easier to follow the string of conversation rather than in an email chain.
- It would be useful to have an integrated video app for video conferencing.
- Socialcast has an exceptional user experience. With very few idiosyncrasies, it works well on every platform I've tried.
- The platform has such a high level of ease of use, it becomes somewhat addicting.
- Social analytics are superb.
- The platform is highly intuitive and requires zero training or coaching in order for network members to become productive with it.
- It's extremely reliable. Only once in 4 years, was the product not available, and that was only for about a half-hour. In that half-hour, we realized how dependent we were on it. (Very.)
- The multi-device and deployment options are excellent. On-premise, Private Cloud, and Multi-tenant SaaS all available.
- The mobile apps for iPhone, tablets, and Android render well with a beautiful UI/UX. The desktop AIR app is equally highly usable.
- There is limited functionality with some of the mobile device apps. I'm only familiar with iPhone, but I've heard this from other users. Photos sometimes do not render; you can sometimes not see links that were posted from the web view.
- Socialcast does not offer presence which we'd find useful.
- Share the collective knowledge of our company in a centralized location
- Publicly praise and thank employees
- Make strategic information and corporate values accessible to all employees worldwide
- Tagging and groups are useful, but that only extends to text posts. We post a lot of images in our community and it would be great to tag those for people and topics as well.
- When we purchased Socialcast in 2009, they were the only provider with analytics on platform usage. However, in the years since, I haven't seen a lot of development in their analytic tools. This is a shame, as analytics are critical to demonstrating usage and proving the ROI of an enterprise social network.
Socialcast Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Socialcast is an enterprise social networking and collaboration platform by VMware.
The VMware Socialcast platform allows an organization's employees to share information and documents with co-workers in real time through a Facebook- or Twitter-like news feed. It is designed to integrate with Microsoft SharePoint, corporate intranets and email clients such as Gmail and Microsoft Outlook, so that it supplements existing workflows instead of replacing them. Socialcast mobile apps are also available for iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices.
Socialcast Technical Details