SoGoSurvey Reviews

December 15, 2020
Meghan Kidder | TrustRadius Reviewer
STCU uses the SoGoSurvey tool for employee pulse surveys, exit surveys, talent acquisition surveys, new hire surveys, leader/manager feedback surveys and more. We were specifically looking for an easy to use, easy to interact with survey option to gather feedback from our employees. Initially, we were searching for something to create pulse surveys in follow up to the larger engagement survey we did earlier last year. Since implementing SoGo, we have found several more ways to utilize the tool. We have data at our fingertips that is engaging and easy to digest. Being able to export into multiple file types, including a PowerPoint saves me so much time!
  • Easy to use - easy to create surveys, send to participants and review the results
  • The library of ready to use templates is so helpful!
  • The large variety of question types helps to keep the survey interesting for the participant.
  • The "smart" question logic is amazing. I love having a follow up question appear depending on how the participant answers a previous question.
  • I don't have any feedback at this time.
I have been very happy with this survey tool. If you aren't sure where to start, the survey templates provide a really helpful starting point, depending on the reason for your survey. I have found this tool works well for both short surveys, 6 to 8 questions and longer surveys of 15 or more questions. Introducing this survey tool has helped create efficiencies for our onboarding process and the exit process with employees.
This system is very user friendly. Most functionality/processes are done using a wizard which is really helpful. SoGo also has a great help feature that you can search if you are stumped. Almost all of the help topics have a short video clip to guide you through the process.
I've been very pleased with the support I have received from SoGo. The help menu is robust and answers most of my questions. In addition to that, my account representative checks in to offer assistance. SoGo also offers webinars to share best practices related to employee surveys, polls and customer experience surveys.
Read Meghan Kidder's full review
December 20, 2020
Sven Andersson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SoGoSurvey yearly for our annual customer surveys. We were looking for an easy-to-use, adaptable, easy-to-interact-with survey tool to gather feedback from our customers. It's purely initiated and used by our marketing department, but we get insights and data from our customers to help us to continuously develop.
  • Surveys are easy to create and launch with a very intuitive interface
  • Great support
  • Large variety of questions and formats
  • It would be the cost. As we are a small company and conduct only one yearly customer survey, we're obliged to go for a pro plan for two months and then cancel the account. Then repeat this process every year.
Super if you're wanting an easy-to-use survey program, very adaptable, intuitive, and in line with your brand. But if you're a smaller company with somewhat less sophisticated needs and the survey does not need to be company branded, then there are other less costly tools.
Very usable.
Great support and quick.
Read Sven Andersson's full review
December 04, 2020
Milo Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our non-profit alumni association/foundation engages alumni of the University of North Dakota. Our marketing and events staff are the primary users of SoGoSurvey. We use SoGoSurvey to gauge attendee opinion of events and we have created surveys to quiz readers of our alumni magazine to make improvements to the readability of the magazine.
  • Surveys are easy to create and launch with a very intuitive interface. Even those on our staff who don't have a lot of knowledge of survey techniques find it very simple to figure out the type of questions they want to ask and how to create them.
  • There is an incredible variety of questions types to choose from and ways to display your questions and answers. The ability to set up branching and logic conditions may sound confusing, but SoGo makes it pretty easy to understand – you'll be revealing or hiding questions based on previous answers with ease.
  • I appreciate the ability to add images and multimedia options in order to engage survey takers.
  • SoGoSurvey offers free accounts to nonprofit agencies like the one I work for. Each year you are asked to post a new comment on their Facebook page or something similar in order to renew your account. It seems each year that there is no warning that the year is up and your account is going to be turned off, so it has been shut down until I can follow the renewal process. It seems there should be some warning to get it done beforehand. This is a minor complaint; a free account is a very generous offering from the company for nonprofits.
It is very well suited for any group that wants to conduct market research or opinion surveys. Ease of use and easy to understand data are two major selling points.
I'm in marketing so while survey results are helpful to me, I'm not well versed in how to get the results I need. SoGo is very easy to use; even for someone without a background in survey taking.
Help topics are thorough.
Read Milo Smith's full review
November 27, 2020
Garen Lafser | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used SoGoSurvey to conduct a recent market survey on the effects of COVID-19 on the commercial real estate market in St. Louis, Missouri. I looked at several other survey options out there, but the ease of use and the ability to instantly print out reports in Excel or PowerPoint made SoGoSurvey an easy decision. I have no experience conducting surveys, but SoGoSurvey's platform was super user friendly and I was able to put together a survey with conditional logic within only a half-hour or so of playing around with it. It was also great that I could brand the survey—this helped keep our professional image and was great for marketing. It was very simple to share the survey and distribute it to all social media platforms. We created a custom link to share with our contacts. We immediately started getting results. Overall, the survey was a huge success and this is totally due to SoGoSurvey. As soon as we need to conduct another survey, we will be back using their platform. I can't recommend it enough!
  • Simple to use
  • Awesome reports
  • Ability to use your own branding
  • Support was great
  • Slightly expensive if you only need it for one month.
We only used SoGoSurvey for a market survey for the commercial real estate market in St. Louis, Missouri. For this use, it was perfect. I can imagine it working for a variety of uses as well. The platform makes it super easy to customize your survey and has a great selection of different question types.
I had never conducted a survey before but SoGo Survey was so easy to use and figure out that I was able to put together a relatively complex survey in no time at all. The user interface is great and the guides explain everything. We conducted a survey specific to the commercial real estate industry, but I would recommend this for anyone and any field.
I only contacted support before making my purchase to ask some questions about the subscription. They responded very quickly and answered all my questions. We only used the software for a month since we only needed it for one survey. I found all the support info and guides on the software to be more than adequate. I have not doubt that support is excellent based on my limited interactions.
Read Garen Lafser's full review
November 25, 2020
Kayla Barna | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SoGoSurvey to create surveys and analyze survey data. We use it to collect data and feedback from our customers. We also use it for post-course evaluations. It helps us get quick and easy feedback from our customers. We have two main users that create the survey questions and reports on the results.
  • Having many design options is very nice.
  • So easy to design and create reports with the information you need.
  • If you are unsure how to do something, the SoGo customer service chat is friendly and available for help.
  • Would love for their to be a certificate template as a survey completion option.
We choose SoGoSurvey because they design options and ease of use increased our productivity and turn-around time for creating reports on collected data.
It is very easy to use. You just drag and drop the question type you want in the survey or upload the questions and answers from a file. Either way you save time.
When we first started using it, I would message customer support through the chat box. They were always kind and fast with their responses.
Read Kayla Barna's full review
November 19, 2020
Kathleen Callaghan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SoGoSurvey across multiple teams at our company and for a variety of surveys with our clients, members, potential clients, partners, etc.
  • Customer service - I can always get in touch with someone quickly to help me
  • Ease of use - especially with recent updates, its been easy to use and train others at my company to use
  • Variety of options - there's pretty much a solution for anything we need
  • Training - they offer a variety of training opportunities, esp for new tools
  • There are a few little things on reporting that I'd like to see made easier - e.g. to multi-select questions to add to the custom tab
The tool has been able to meet all of our needs, and where we've wanted to get creative, the SoGo team has brainstormed solutions with us. So I can't think of a scenario where the tool ISN'T well suited for the research needed. We use it primarily for information gathering surveys and satisfaction surveys. It's worked really well for those.
I wouldn't say everything is super intuitive, so it does require training and I still have to play around a bit to get the information I need sometimes. But on the whole the tool is very easy to use, especially once you get trained and use it a few times. And they continuously make improvements which help with the intuitiveness.
Customer support is amazing - I always can get an answer quickly and it always solves my problem.
Read Kathleen Callaghan's full review
December 01, 2020
Amanda San Filippo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SoGoSurvey for our market validation research, UX/ UI testing,
and customer feedback. It enables us to create, distribute and analyze
our data quickly and simply as opposed to having to do this manually.
  • ease of use
  • customer service
  • customization
  • skip logic is a little confusing at first
I haven't used it enough at this point to really be able to comment. So far, we've used it pretty basically.
There are always glitches and pain points when learning a new software. SoGo's customer service really helps alleviate any pain points, but most of our staff have been able to use it without issue.
Their customer support is what sold me on the software. They've always gone above and beyond.
Read Amanda San Filippo's full review
November 19, 2020
Currently, SoGoSurvey is being used by IT and it's key in helping identify the effectiveness of new application deployments. As we consider the best practices of change management, we use SoGoSurvey to dig deep into end user adoption, utilization and proficiency. We use the SoGoSurvey canvas to post survey metrics for upper management to review and plan possible next steps.
  • SoGoSurvey makes it easy to create a survey even for the novice. I recently gave a spare license to a peer and they were able to easily develop a survey. I offered my help if she had any questions but she said that she'd definitely ask but "... I already love that I can change the answer format with the drop down. It's the best. "
  • Customer support. I 'chat' with support personnel when I need to use a feature I haven't used. They are always quick to respond and answer my questions thoroughly. I can get the complete chat via email for future reference as well.
  • Keeping clients up-to-date. SoGoSurvey regularly hosts free training and best practices webinars that keeps the basics at the forefront and shares best practices.
  • The canvas (survey metrics) is easy to create and very versatile in summarizing the survey results.
  • Better explanation of how most edits of the survey question text overrides the settings in "Visual Settings".
SoGoSurvey has worked great for the surveys, assessments, and polls that we've created and the time to design and further customize is minimal. The survey metrics are robust, easy to use and can even be immediately created into a Powerpoint slide deck. We currently don't have the CX or EX capabilities.
As stated earlier, SoGoSurvey is very easy to use and to get up-to-speed on quickly. This includes both design, logic, and further customizing. Also, creating the canvas that reports professional survey metrics is easy and straight forward.
Anytime I need to contact support they are quick to respond and answer my questions. If L1 cannot resolve my issue, SoGoSurvey support gets back to me within 24 hours with a resolution. All I've ever needed were chats but direct support via phone is available as well for more complex questions.
November 12, 2020
At Berkeley Hills Country Club, we've used SoGoSurvey in 2 different applications: 1) Allow all golfing members to select the capital improvement project they would like to see implemented, and 2) Request Membership Satisfaction with our Food & Beverage Services to allow us to continue to excel and find ways to improve based on membership feedback.
  • Easy to use, from design to distribution to reporting results
  • Customer Service is very quick to respond and always very helpful
  • Feature-rich, which has allowed for our desired questions and responses, even within their basic service offering
  • Improve their explanation of functionality allowed for each level of service
  • Allow more features at the basic levels
SoGoSurvey's basic (paid) service is perfect for requesting basic input and requesting customer satisfaction to 500 - 1000 participants (may be as effective for >1000, but that didn't apply to our application). The more expensive packages offer more features, such as branching, which would be helpful in our application. We found that the Free Service is more for trials, not really good for a live survey.
Very easy to use. My only challenge was the features offered in their Plus package didn't offer everything I would have liked (e.g. branching). The other area for improvement would be to allow an easier transition between Tracking and Reports.
Excellent support. Online User Guides are very helpful. Response times and knowledge of the Support Staff are amazing. Any question I have, no matter how I submit it (e.g. online tool, email from previous response) is answered quickly and effectively. I rarely have follow-up questions.
December 03, 2020
SoGo is being used to solicit information from our clients both key-buyers and members (general program users). From the data and anecdotal info we receive, we disseminate crucial findings to all relevant departments. Of course, the overarching objective is for the data to inform process improvements and initiatives targeting client pain points. The business problems SoGo addresses, from my vantage point, is that our customer base is broad and large therefore its understandably difficult to get a pulse on general satisfaction, its difficult to get an understanding of what we do well and where we can improve. Namely because we don't have extensive channels of communications with our clients. That is, if a member/user wants to provide feedback, they must call in to our call center or provide the feedback to their administrator (in most cases their HR representatives). From there we are dependent on the 2nd hand communication. SoGo survey allows us direct access to members and key-buyers. Because of SoGo, our feedback loop is efficient, easy and really helps us improve the way we do business.
  • SoGoSurvey is staffed by smart, thorough and caring folks.
  • The trainings really help to maximize the tool.
  • User friendly platform!!
  • Some features are complicated.
A specific scenario where SoGo was/is well suited is for our member/product user surveys. We are able to very easily construct the survey, import the list and send out. We can then track delivery, respondents and data with great ease. The ease of constructing the survey, distributing it and gathering the data really helps to minimize added work and frustration when gearing up for the more complex work of process improvements and staff training.
Overall I find SoGo to have a high degree of usability.
Very good. Their team is responsive, personable and knowledgable.
November 30, 2020
As a new business owner, I needed to purchase a survey software to use with my client projects. I'm using it for various clients, various projects to gather both quantitative and qualitative data regarding strategic planning, conference planning, usage of and satisfaction with current state education strategies, and more.
  • Their Customer Support is excellent. I can email anytime, 24/7, and get a response usually within minute. I can schedule 15 Zoom calls to talk through more complicated questions. The staff is amazing, so helpful, so patient, so responsive.
  • The process to set up a survey is easy to learn.
  • The reporting process with the ability to create a PowerPoint at the click of button - love it!
  • For me, the search function for the support feature doesn't usually take me to what I need (but the email responses are so quick it's okay).
I think for any organization that needs a robust survey software SoGo will meet their needs. I've used other well known products in the past and SoGo is easier to use on all counts. I don't know of any situations where it wouldn't be an excellent choice.
It's highly usable, yet the search function when looking for help still needs a bit of improvement.
The support has been top notch from the very beginning. Responsive, patient, taking extra care to make sure I understand and am comfortable.
November 12, 2020
SoGoSurvey is one of the tools our agency uses to collect client input. Our QA Department designs and deploys surveys as requested by the different departments across the agency.
  • The biggest strength is their very efficient Help features. I'm at ease starting any project because I know there is HELP available on that chat box if I get stuck. Happens all the time and they never disappoint.
  • The poll feature is very good and easy to use.
  • Making updates or variations to already distributed surveys is very easy with their Switch Invitation feature.
  • I would like to receive individual notifications or emails when a person lands on a particular page or responds according to a pre-set condition rule. This option is not included in the Premium Package and SoGo don't offer it as a Buy Up, the only option offered to me was to upgrade to Enterprise and that is not a solution for us.
  • Text analysis of open-ended questions is very lacking. Verbatim report functionality is very limited. The word cloud feature is also an Enterprise feature. I think it should be included as part of the Verbatim report category.
SoGo is very good for any kind of survey, and has good templates and easy design features. The analysis is very good unless there are open-ended questions. The text analysis is lacking and the work cloud is only offered as part of the Enterprise Package.
Couldn't do my job without it.
It would be significantly harder to do my job without their support, especially late at night.
October 30, 2020
I use SoGoSurvey as a platform for hosting online surveys that I undertake on behalf of corporate clients - mostly involving measuring employee engagement and organizational climate.
  • Well designed user interface.
  • Comprehensive feature set.
  • Good training materials.
  • No significant deficiencies in my experience.
[SoGoSurvey is used for] designing and managing internal staff surveys or customer surveys. SoGoSurvey's functionality for distributing emails via email links is superior to other products I am familiar with.
[SoGoSurvey's overall usability is] fully featured but easy to navigate.
[I have] never required much help, but it was always available when needed.
March 25, 2020
Courtney Nix-DeMuro | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SoGoSurvey in several different ways across the company:
1. To survey employees to see how we can improve internal programs, processes, and procedures.
2. To gauge client perception by our P1 audience without consideration of Entercom marketing.
3. To gauge the impact of Entercom marketing campaigns on client perception by our P1 audience.
  • Gives the ability to segment and filter data.
  • Gives the ability to ask a variety of different questions displayed in different formats.
  • Gives the ability to deploy the survey in a variety of different ways.
  • Give the ability to filter write-in responses by key words.
  • The ability to make changes after the survey has been deployed.
SoGoSurvey is well suited for basic surveys as well as surveys that entail logic and branching questions.
Read Courtney Nix-DeMuro's full review
March 15, 2020
Sampatkumar. B Aratti | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using SoGoSurvey to get feedback from our sales employees in about 45 countries. We are seeking feedback on a few aspects of our sales program and this has been a good tool to use for that.
  • Multiple languages supported. Though the translation is done by the system.
  • Excellent support system with amazing customer orientation.
  • Ease of use.
  • Support to design the survey questionnaire.
  • Maybe the translation could be wetted by some experts.
  • Look and feel could still be better.
SoGoSurvey is well suited for:

• Surveys
  • Employee Engagement Survey
  • Customer Satisfaction Survey
Read Sampatkumar. B Aratti's full review
March 05, 2020
We use SoGoSurvey for all forms of assessment and survey implementation. This includes surveys and assessments geared around skills assessment, behaviour change, and information gathering/intake. We recently have started to use SoGoSurvey for workbook-style information gathering, to help users work through a process of planning their personal and business goals. As we are also interested in quality analysis of the data collected, SogoSurvey allows us to implement high-quality data analysis with the assurance that all of our data is secure in the process.
  • Survey redirects to other surveys/external tools
  • Survey branching
  • A variety of question options to gather intended data
  • Providing users the ability to follow along a specific question example (eg. placeholder text in questions that users can see what the answer might look like)
  • Better media management and implementation (eg. placing images/videos/gifs/etc. as standalone assets in the survey)
  • Making the images added into a survey responsive to the screen they are being viewed on (eg. any images added to a survey do not adjust to the size of the screen, consequently showing up very small on mobile/tablet view)
  • Exporting the survey to Word looks horrible - we'd love if the survey could be exported the way it looks when live into a similar-looking Word document or template
SoGoSurvey is more robust than any other survey software I have used. Comparing it to SurveyMonkey and other similar tools is not possible because it is such a robust tool. Where it falls short is on multi-media management, where a user might want to insert an image, video, gif, etc. into the survey.
March 19, 2020
I was tasked by my manager to understand our teams' dynamics, identify core issues that would help boost productivity, and improve communication. Luckily I found SoGoSurvey through my research, this platform really helped us collate, organize and present the collected data in a structured and easy to understand format. This was used by my department which was the Computational Thermal and Fluid Sciences Research and Development group.
  • Easy to design feedback questions.
  • Easy to share the questionnaire with team members.
  • Powerful and presentation ready reports available at a single click.
  • Variety of question types that help measure the true sentiment of the participant.
  • High Quality, ready to use survey templates.
  • Extremely responsive and helpful support team.
  • For the project that we used it for this has been a phenomenal success.
  • They only accept billing in USD.
  • Free version also available but has limited functionality.
Well Suited:
  • Understanding the morale and sentiment of teams.
  • General surveys.
  • Dynamic problems that require high support.

Less appropriate for:
  • Offline data collection.
October 16, 2019
Harris Kahn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SoGoSurvey to conduct teacher evaluations and course evaluations. We also conduct the School Climate survey. Many staff members use it to collect quick feedback from parents and other staff members.

We also use it for our annual ZAF Summit which is an educational conference. We use the SoGo forms for event registration, pre and post-event evaluation. Recently we used SoGoSurvey for fundraising by asking our past donors to help us understand what issues matter most to them. Overall, we are extremely delighted with the SoGoSurvey software.
  • We find SoGoSurvey to be very easy to use and simple to set up surveys and forms. I have used other survey software in the past and always struggled with setting up something quickly. SoGoSurvey finally enabled me to do that.
  • I love the Survey Bank. Ready to use survey templates with great set of questions on a range of topics and issues.
  • Rules and Alerts - I like this feature as it sends me a real-time alert based on the rules we have set up in our account.
  • The support team is amazing! Prompt and caring. I have reached out at odd hours and have always received a quick response.
  • For our use, SoGoSurvey has been great - can't think of a real problem.
Since we have been conducting surveys for over 3 years now, we love the fact that we can compare our past years' data with this year's data. The trend analysis is very helpful to our admin office. The ability to break down the data into groups or segments as SoGo calls it is also very useful.
Read Harris Kahn's full review
November 25, 2019
Genea Barnes | TrustRadius Reviewer
I did a lot of research before going with So Go. They were the only ones that allowed me to do everything I wanted with my survey. I loved the platform and it was very easy to use. Unfortunately, it turned out that I did not really need the information that I was trying to collect with my survey and it became unnecessary for me to keep using So Go Survey. However, I am grateful for having done the research to find them and would use them in a heartbeat if I were to need to collect data.
  • Ease of platform
  • Ability to add many types of questions
  • Ability to add up values to come up with a total
  • It would have been nice to have a test period of running a survey, so that you could test run, then make adjustments before the survey was set. In my experience, once it was filled out once you could not really edit.
  • It would be nice to have an essay type of question. One where the answer could be up to 5 or 6 paragraphs long
If they wanted to do very simple forms it might be easier and cheaper to go with another platform.
Read Genea Barnes's full review
December 30, 2019
Cristina Wildermuth | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use the software for academic surveys for which I wish to have long-term data collection and when I don't want to be tied to the system used by my institution.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Reasonably priced for the features offered.
  • I could use additional opportunities for customizing the responses for survey takers.
  • The more reporting opportunities the better.
I always recommend SoGo to colleagues, especially when they need a reasonably priced tool with most of the bells and whistles.
Read Cristina Wildermuth's full review
October 16, 2019
SoGoSurvey is being used by the organisation to collect survey data from training participants. Participants are often based in multiple locations, so the ability to deploy surveys electronically is very important. Data collection is secure and meets data protection requirements here in the UK. It also makes it easy to meet research ethics requirements, for example the ability to collect survey data anonymously. The software saves a great deal of time analysing data, because this can be exported instantly, ready for analysis. As a large part of our work focuses upon training, the assessment tool lets us assess how well participants are doing, and adds value to our offering.
  • Data is collected securely and complies with data protection requirements in the UK.
  • The software lets us to meet local research ethics requirements easily.
  • The different question types keeps survey participants interested, and lets us ask questions in a variety of ways.
  • The app, which we're currently using on Android, lets us check the number of completed surveys in real time.
  • Their programme of on-boarding is excellent. They give a lot of attention to helping new users become familiar with the software.
  • Whilst the ability to embed participant information documents within the survey would be a bonus, this really isn't a problem as the software allows you to hyperlink to Google Docs. etc. very easily.
I was particularly impressed with how surveys render on mobile devices. Increasingly, we find that learning communities prefer to use their smartphones to access materials, and this includes their end-of-course surveys. This undoubtedly increased the response rate. The ability to link pre-training and post-training surveys by user ID is useful because it is possible to exclude a post-training survey where the same user did not complete a pre-training survey. Generating reports and charts is easy and the data is presented in a way that is easy to use. The quality of the graphics (bar, pie, donut charts) is very high. Above all, the data is secure, instantly accessible and participants are at ease using the software.
December 05, 2019
In an advisory project, I wanted to do market research with different customer groups without involving an expensive agency. We set up the surveys in-house (with our team) with this tool. The site provided useful onboarding and in general the set up is very intuitive and straight forward. At some points, we struggled with some question types and contacted customer service and we had a solution within a couple of hours. There is a lot of explanatory material on the site as well, but due to lack of time, we had rather precise questions and less time to go through it.
  • Usability
  • Support
  • Variety of functions
  • Intuitive design options
  • Additional material
  • Well structured tool
  • Big time-saver
  • Project-based pricing
I would use it any time for surveys where I already have the contacts and do not need access to a specific panel.
I have not tried conjoint, not sure if that is possible. For surveys with low complexity, it is well worth taking the time to set it up in this tool. We even had some more advanced rooting, their options could have been a bit more tailored to what we needed.

What is SoGoSurvey?

SoGoSurvey's experience management platform was developed to fuel business growth by providing real-time, actionable insights for a wide range of organizations across industries.

SoGoCX is a comprehensive system for enhancing every aspect of an organization's customer experience. This means: improving conversion rates, streamlining all data management, and understanding customers to drive return on investment. With SoGoCX, organizations leverage touch points to measure key metrics such as Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT), and Customer Effort Score (CES).

SoGoEX helps organizations gather, analyze, and leverage data to transform the employee experience. The software was designed to allow HR and company leadership to drive organizational change through employee engagement, an exchange of ideas, and providing a secure space for honest feedback.

From designing and distributing a questionnaire to analysis and recommendations, the SoGoSurvey platform seamlessly automates data collection and analysis.

According to the vendor, SoGoSurvey sets itself apart from competitors through its consistently high user ratings, second-to-none reporting engine, industry-leading data security, and 24/7 customer support.

SoGoSurvey Features