Reviews (1-2 of 2)
- Billing automation straight through to Quickbooks' desktop has saved me a lot of time for clients on subscriptions. Adding tickets during the month and having them all show up in the Quickbooks invoices at month-end is a godsend in terms of time spent in billing/invoicing.
- The ticketing system in the helpdesk definitely gives my business a more professional look, especially for clients looking for that kind of ticketing system.
- Alerting me to aging tickets and the use of SLA (service level agreements) helps me prioritize client responses. Even with some of my better clients who don't have an SLA with me, I set up some fake SLAs to ensure I am responding in a timely manner.
- It is just simply too slow! The web interface requires patience, even when moving between tabs or menu choices. This is by far the biggest detracting element of MSP Manager.
- Input customization -- I would like the settings pages to allow me to customize some input screens, especially the Ticket Entry window. The "Quick Ticket" entry is missing a few key items I want in a trouble ticket, and the full ticket entry window has numerous fields I never use or are always the same, and so it just takes more time and effort than is necessary.
- Both the asset tracking and the knowledge base should be more robust and integrally tied into the RMM console, so that licenses, serial numbers, procedures, network data are quick and simple to access from either interface.
If you are looking to build managed services and a subscriber base, the tie in with their RMM product and the great integration with Quickbooks is really nice.
- Help Desk Ticketing is very easy to use and organize.
- Billing is robust and keeps track of client contracts and time very well.
- Role management and ticket routing client are very robust.
- The options for billing take a lot of learning and tweaking to get just right for your company. It could be easier and have more options to choose from.
- Custom templates for automatic helpdesk responses would be very helpful.
- Per user-banked responses for each user to have quick replies to general tickets.
SolarWinds MSP Manager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SolarWinds MSP Manager
MSPs are in the business to make money (and to provide outstanding IT service). Yet, too often, help desk software eats into profits by tying engineers up in overhead.
The vendor states SolarWinds® MSP Manager™ breaks this pattern by giving the user the ability to capture needed critical elements without gettingbogged down in minutia. MSP Manager is designed to provide value to preserve client loyalty with features like:
- Intuitive, lightweight ticketing
- Batch billing exports
- Customer and knowledge management
- Mobile applications
- Reporting dashboards
- Scheduling that exports to external calendar programs
- Branded customer portal
- And more
SolarWinds MSP Manager Competitors
SolarWinds MSP Manager Technical Details