The best solution if you already use SolarWinds' other products.I provide IT services to small businesses and non-profits, both break/fix and managed services. I use MSP Manager in concert with SolarWinds RMM for ticketing and billing. It helps to automate the tracking and billing of my subscribed clients. I tried to use it as a ticketing system for my unmanaged clients, but it's a bit slow and cumbersome for that, and doing that work in QuickBooks seemed just as useful.,Billing automation straight through to Quickbooks' desktop has saved me a lot of time for clients on subscriptions. Adding tickets during the month and having them all show up in the Quickbooks invoices at month-end is a godsend in terms of time spent in billing/invoicing. The ticketing system in the helpdesk definitely gives my business a more professional look, especially for clients looking for that kind of ticketing system. Alerting me to aging tickets and the use of SLA (service level agreements) helps me prioritize client responses. Even with some of my better clients who don't have an SLA with me, I set up some fake SLAs to ensure I am responding in a timely manner.,It is just simply too slow! The web interface requires patience, even when moving between tabs or menu choices. This is by far the biggest detracting element of MSP Manager. Input customization -- I would like the settings pages to allow me to customize some input screens, especially the Ticket Entry window. The "Quick Ticket" entry is missing a few key items I want in a trouble ticket, and the full ticket entry window has numerous fields I never use or are always the same, and so it just takes more time and effort than is necessary. Both the asset tracking and the knowledge base should be more robust and integrally tied into the RMM console, so that licenses, serial numbers, procedures, network data are quick and simple to access from either interface.,7,For my managed service clients, MSP Manager has seriously reduced the time I spend billing. Overall data entry time may be the same, but now it's focused on documenting the work that was done and the billing simply follows. The first few months of learning MSP Manager definitely meant doing lots of admin work twice, and double-checking the MSP manager invoices against the paper trail, to ensure it was accurate and working. Plan for this extra time overhead during the learning phase.,Pulseway and Kaseya Virtual System Administrator (VSA),Evernote, Asana, Sublime Text, QuickBooks ProMSP Manager ReviewWe used MSP Manager across the whole organization to help manage all of our current helpdesk tasks. It kept track of time, billing, and our ticketing system.,Help Desk Ticketing is very easy to use and organize. Billing is robust and keeps track of client contracts and time very well. Role management and ticket routing client are very robust.,The options for billing take a lot of learning and tweaking to get just right for your company. It could be easier and have more options to choose from. Custom templates for automatic helpdesk responses would be very helpful. Per user-banked responses for each user to have quick replies to general tickets.,8,It helped keep us organized and well managed. It made us be able to keep track of time better, resulting in more time being billed. It made us more responsive to client issues and less likely to forget anything.,Spiceworks,SolarWinds Remote Monitoring & Management, QuickBooks Online, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)
SolarWinds MSP Manager

SolarWinds MSP Manager Reviews

SolarWinds MSP Manager
Filter 6 vetted SolarWinds MSP Manager reviews and ratings

Les Klassen Hamm profile photo
January 05, 2019

SolarWinds MSP Manager Review: "The best solution if you already use SolarWinds' other products."

• Billing automation straight through to Quickbooks' desktop has saved me a lot of time for clients on subscriptions. Adding tickets during the month and having them all show up in the Quickbooks invoices at month-end is a godsend in terms of time spent in billing/invoicing.
  • The ticketing system in the helpdesk definitely gives my business a more professional look, especially for clients looking for that kind of ticketing system.
  • Alerting me to aging tickets and the use of SLA (service level agreements) helps me prioritize client responses. Even with some of my better clients who don't have an SLA with me, I set up some fake SLAs to ensure I am responding in a timely manner.
  • It is just simply too slow! The web interface requires patience, even when moving between tabs or menu choices. This is by far the biggest detracting element of MSP Manager.
  • Input customization -- I would like the settings pages to allow me to customize some input screens, especially the Ticket Entry window. The "Quick Ticket" entry is missing a few key items I want in a trouble ticket, and the full ticket entry window has numerous fields I never use or are always the same, and so it just takes more time and effort than is necessary.
  • Both the asset tracking and the knowledge base should be more robust and integrally tied into the RMM console, so that licenses, serial numbers, procedures, network data are quick and simple to access from either interface.
If you are just looking for a ticketing and helpdesk system, I'd suggest looking elsewhere, as SolarWinds MSP is somewhat cumbersome and slow.
If you are looking to build managed services and a subscriber base, the tie in with their RMM product and the great integration with Quickbooks is really nice.
Read Les Klassen Hamm's full review
September 25, 2018

SolarWinds MSP Manager: "MSP Manager Review"

• Help Desk Ticketing is very easy to use and organize.
  • Billing is robust and keeps track of client contracts and time very well.
  • Role management and ticket routing client are very robust.
  • The options for billing take a lot of learning and tweaking to get just right for your company. It could be easier and have more options to choose from.
  • Custom templates for automatic helpdesk responses would be very helpful.
  • Per user-banked responses for each user to have quick replies to general tickets.
It is very well suited for MSPs with multiple employees and 10 or more clients. It is not very well suited for a small MSP with 1 employee and only a few clients.

SolarWinds MSP Manager Scorecard Summary

Organize and prioritize service tickets (2)
Expert directory (2)
5.0
Self-service tools (2)
Subscription-based notifications (2)
9.5
ITSM collaboration and documentation (2)
ITSM reports and dashboards (2)
Configuration mangement (2)
5.5
Asset management dashboard (2)
Service-level management (2)