Reviews (1-1 of 1)
February 04, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Threat Monitor is a standalone product from Solarwinds, that doesn't integrate into the main core installation, it is cloud based which means zero footprint on your infrastructure. We currently have threat monitor deployed in AWS, and it's covering our whole environment. It gives us visibility into network traffic, logs and compliance.
- Cloud based so no footprint
- Log collection and correlation allowing analysis
- Log archiving
- Very scalable with a low cost
- Its a fairly new product and its lacking some of the features of more established vendors
- Log searching can be a little chaotic at times
- Some limitations - which I believe are being addressed in the next release
Read Rob Bates's full review
If you dont have the hardware to support a SIEM solution, then Threat Monitor is deal, as its cloud based. Its suitable for medium to large environments and scales very well, with a fair cost.
SolarWinds MSP Threat Monitor Scorecard Summary
About SolarWinds MSP Threat Monitor
The vendor acknowledges protecting customers from the latest security threats isn’t an easy task, and for this provides SolarWinds Threat Monitor to:
- monitor for threats, intrusions, and vulnerabilities across their infrastructure
- take the appropriate action to remediate those threats quickly, and
- prepare the information needed to demonstrate their compliance to standards set by regulatory governing bodies.
The vendor states that for MSPs looking to grow their service offering portfolios, SolarWinds Threat Monitor – Service Provider Edition is the need solution to detect, remediate, and report on security events for all the company's managed networks.
SolarWinds MSP Threat Monitor Screenshots
SolarWinds MSP Threat Monitor Competitors
F-Secure Rapid Detection Service, McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange, Cisco Talos
SolarWinds MSP Threat Monitor Technical Details