Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Centralized event and log data collection (18)8.585%
- Deployment flexibility (18)7.979%
- Event and log normalization/management (36)7.373%
- Custom dashboards and workspaces (34)4.949%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
The main applications are threat detection, automated incident analysis and response, and compliance reporting for IT infrastructure.
- Supported: Centralized event and log data collection
- Supported: Correlation
- Supported: Event and log normalization/management
- Supported: Deployment flexibility
- Supported: Integration with Identity and Access Management Tools
- Supported: Custom dashboards and workspaces
- Knowing who is making changes to our active directory environment and when they are doing it has been helpful, but it is weird that sometimes I wake up in the morning that one of the guys made a change to someone's account at 2:00 a.m. We have to investigate those oddball ones to see if they are legit.
- It is very helpful to know who is logging into, updating, changing VLANs, changing passwords on our network switches
- Our insurance company really likes that we are using SEM to log events on our servers and switches. If I am not mistaken, it is a requirement now.
- save time
- central manager of events
- avoid server failure of out of space
- Reduced troubleshooting time
- Assists in diagnosis of issues
- Enabled network visibility
- Helped us become more HIPAA compliant
- Introduced the possibility of automated alerts of suspicious activity
- SEM allows us to fulfill our insurance and accreditation requirements.
- Reduce time spent in troubleshooting network events.
- Provide a higher visibility into relevant events as a result of its categorizing and filtering options.
- Enhance monitoring tools by creating custom alerts and notifications based on syslog events.
- allowed us to remain compliant for our industry
- Makes incident management easier to examine and resolve
- Must make sure you right size it for your install
- No real effect on our direct business ROI just yet.
- We have been able to get alerts about unknown risks before they could get out of hand.
- Saving resource because of stable alerts and reports
- Good helping for audits and regulations
- Good integration with other systems like Active Directory, Exchange ...etc
- nothing negative impact for overall
- ROI is something I can't comment on being a user of the tool but SEM has been good value for log collection and tracking purposes.
- In terms of monitoring and logging purposes for networking. SEM has been a viable option.
- None at this point. Not really fully used yet.
- Real-time log collection and correlation are very helpful in identifying security issues, once the right alerts are set up.
- SEM replaced several other products that together did the job of SEM.
- Having all reporting in one place is very beneficial.
- Total Network Visibility
- Capacity Planning Tools
- Poor Performance for large datacenters across the globe
- High Availability Features can be improved
- Has reduced workload on having to manually review logs
- Has sped up reaction times via alerts
- Able to keep our systems with a higher uptime, due to being able to resolve issues faster.
- Able to be alerted on key issues, making us more proactive.
- Able to research issues more easily in one central location.
- It has reduced support hours.
- Insight takes minutes instead of hours.
- Account lockouts are a thing of the past.
- Helps to active the audit and compliance by proper log management for the complete retention period.
- The Solarwinds SEM helps various IT departments such as server and network to work together using normalized common events. This increases operational efficiency and helps to find the hole in the infra.
- for cognitive SIEM perspective, it doesn't helps to find the flaw in the network and impress management.
- This is a little outside of my level of involvement to answer adeptly. That being said I do know that it has been instrumental in allowing our organization to implement a central storage for log files and it's something we have wanted to implement for a long time.
- Reasonable price
- Easy to implement
- Simple to standardize on
- Reduce downtime by identifying failure cause quickly
- Managers have high visibility on the operation of the devices
- Saves time of network administrators and support
- SEM has enabled us to replace various manual processes for monitoring service related events, saving valuable staff time.
- SEM gives us better, more complete views of the event data.
- SEM enables us to meet security compliance requirements with less manpower applied.
- Unfortunately I can't really rate the financial perspective.