Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Server availability and performance monitoring (272)9.595%
- Threshold alerts (274)9.191%
- Application monitoring (269)9.090%
- Out-of-the box templates to monitor applications (259)8.383%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM) delivers application and server monitoring capabilities for IT pros enabling them to diagnose and troubleshoot issues faster. The vendor’s value proposition is that this solution prevents slow applications and downtime from impacting end-users and business services. Users can use this tool to pinpoint the root cause of application issues across various layers of the IT stack.
The vendor says SolarWinds SAM is affordable, easy to deploy, use and customize. Users can automatically discover their systems environment and start monitoring in about an hour. No professional services or consultation needed.
SAM is built on SolarWinds Orion® platform enabling native integration with Network Performance Monitor and other IT management software from SolarWinds.
- Supported: Single Web interface to monitor multi-vendor applications and server infrastructure.
- Supported: Out-of-the-box monitoring templates for 200+ enterprise applications.
- Supported: Easily extend monitoring to virtually any custom or home-grown applications.
- Supported: Gain contextual visibility of relationships and dependencies between applications and physical and virtual servers.
- Supported: Monitor server hardware health, perform capacity forecasting, and manage asset inventory. Remediate server issues remotely with built-in management actions.
- Supported: Monitor VMware and Hyper-V environments to identify problems impacting application performance.
- Supported: Centrally manage IT asset inventory and keep track of server hardware and software information.
- Supported: Leverage the wealth of built-in alerts and reports, and easily customize them as needed.
- Supported: SAM is an agentless monitoring software. Optional agent installation extends monitoring to the cloud.
- Microsoft System Center
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
- SolarWinds Virtualization Manager (VMAN)
- SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (SRM)
- SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM)
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD)
- Discovery of the servers and services
- Alerting system
- Virtualization monitoring
- Getting started with a basic out of the box configuration is very straight forward. Discovery of nodes is simple and wizard driven.
- Assigning monitors and polling engines to nodes is simple enough. Just select them from some dropdown boxes and apply.
- Updating the software was very easy and they went as far as to update all the other products at the same time now so its less time consuming
- Easy to set up and you can scan your systems for applications that are running on servers and SAM will auto monitor them with default out of the box selection.
- Discovery of Windows Servers
- Adding monitors to servers
- Adding New Nodes
- Customization of pages and widgets
- The GUI Interface is well setup
- The dashboards
- mapping tool
- capacity planner
- Reading history of resources
- Seeing alerts on the main page.
- Setting up of the main interface home page
- Setting nodes up for alerting
- Applying app monitors