Server availability and performance monitoring (272)
Threshold alerts (273)
Application monitoring (268)
Out-of-the box templates to monitor applications (258)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM) delivers application and server monitoring capabilities for IT pros enabling them to diagnose and troubleshoot issues faster. The vendor’s value proposition is that this solution prevents slow applications and downtime from impacting end-users and business services. Users can use this tool to pinpoint the root cause of application issues across various layers of the IT stack.
The vendor says SolarWinds SAM is affordable, easy to deploy, use and customize. Users can automatically discover their systems environment and start monitoring in about an hour. No professional services or consultation needed.
SAM is built on SolarWinds Orion® platform enabling native integration with Network Performance Monitor and other IT management software from SolarWinds.
- Supported: Single Web interface to monitor multi-vendor applications and server infrastructure.
- Supported: Out-of-the-box monitoring templates for 200+ enterprise applications.
- Supported: Easily extend monitoring to virtually any custom or home-grown applications.
- Supported: Gain contextual visibility of relationships and dependencies between applications and physical and virtual servers.
- Supported: Monitor server hardware health, perform capacity forecasting, and manage asset inventory. Remediate server issues remotely with built-in management actions.
- Supported: Monitor VMware and Hyper-V environments to identify problems impacting application performance.
- Supported: Centrally manage IT asset inventory and keep track of server hardware and software information.
- Supported: Leverage the wealth of built-in alerts and reports, and easily customize them as needed.
- Supported: SAM is an agentless monitoring software. Optional agent installation extends monitoring to the cloud.
- Microsoft System Center
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
- SolarWinds Virtualization Manager (VMAN)
- SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (SRM)
- SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM)
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD)
- Progress WhatsUp Gold (formerly Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold)
- Nagios Core
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring
- Microsoft System Center
- DX Application Performance Management (formerly CA APM)
- SiteScope (formerly HP SiteScope)
- ManageEngine Applications Manager
- Ability to sunset multiple legacy monitoring platforms.
- A single pane of glass across global locations (Enterprise Operations Console) simplifies monitoring for junior staff.
- A single toolset allows staff from across the global environment to share knowledge and quickly set up/modify monitoring.
- SAM can help to reduce the MTTR for some applications.
- SAM helped me to tune my SQL instances better than reduce my workload costs.
- SAM can help me to automatize some procedures, then reduce the human workload cost.
- 60K monitored components
- Annual SLA above 99%
- 500GB of historical data in the last year.
- Approximately 100 incidents daily.
- We moved from at least 5 different monitoring consoles to just 1 when we implemented SolarWinds Server Application Monitor
- Application alerting allows us to quickly know when an application I down even after hours. Before this, we would have to wait for application users to complain to our help desk who would then escalate to the system admin
- SolarWinds Sensor Application Monitor has reduced the amount of time needed to perform routine checks on our servers and applications
- Decreases man-hours spent on troubleshooting issues
- Decreases or eliminates downtime by generating alerts and reports
- Provides performance metrics and analysis allowing to tweak and scale the allocated assets
- Within Hyper V and VMware, we run several versions. So without SolarWinds SAM, we needed 5 different consoles to check our various VMs. Even with all 5 different tools, the data that was available for monitoring was nowhere close to the level of detail provided by SolarWinds SAM.
- SolarWinds Server and Application Manager is essential to us as it gives us insight into applications and the servers that host the applications allowing us to be proactive instead of reactive.
- Statistical information
- Hardware monitoring
- Reduced downtime
- We remain up 98% of the time as SolarWinds' alerting notifies us when a server is down.
- Cost is still a bit high per module but is beneficial to our company.
- Define Custom Monitoring for all critical applications and databases
- Alerts and Dashboards for proactive system monitoring
- Faster root-cause diagnosis and Incident response time
- A worthy product for the money spent.
- [The] renewal cost is [a] bit expensive.
- [I believe it] should introduce licensing with scalable units or [a] per-device licensing feature.
- The alerts allow us to know something is down before our users tell us.
- We are able to evaluate were we are and where we need to invest into hardware.
- It will minimize the load for Monitoring team.
- You can automate all through the SolarWinds console.
- Ability to monitor both legacy and cloud
- Able to see the app performance
- Helps shorten app performance troubleshooting time
- Rapid alerting.
- Visibility into our environment.
- Using Server & Application Monitor (SAM) our Infrastructure team knows what's happening and will happen before our clients feel an impact and that is priceless.
- Positive, we have prevented outages caused by the power going down.
- We have been able to determine disk space issues and resolve them before taking systems down.
- We know when data center networks are down before the network team does.
- Positive Impact
- fast notification of incident critical to the business
- cost savings
- clear data at a glance
- Savings have been obtained in terms of training for each of the managers by area.
- Saving time for analysis and monitoring of the infrastructure of the organization.
- Less time spent investigating causes of issues. We are alerted straight away and can find the root cause of the issue in less time.
- We have been able to ditch all our previous individual monitoring solutions, none of which integrated with each other for a single solution which fully integrates with each of the different modules to provide a single portal for monitoring and alerting.
- More/better data to support spending on infrastructure.
- More information to forecast future strategy.
- Identification of core issues that result in user problems.