Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (SRM), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (SRM) is designed to allow the user to visualize and solve storage performance issues quickly and easily, across storage arrays from all leading vendors including Dell EMC, NetApp, Pure, HPE and many more. Determine when storage capacity will run out with integrated capacity planning and reporting. For SolarWinds® customers using other Orion® based products, the vendor states Storage Resource Monitor (SRM) will seamlessly integrate with existing system, network, database and virtualization monitoring products providing a single-pane-of-glass experience.
- Monitoring for multi-vendor storage arrays from Dell EMC, NetApp, HPE, Hitachi, Pure and others
Real-time NAS and SAN attached array performance monitoring capacity planning
- Alert and notification feature for issues or performance problems with your devices, LUNs, storage pools/RAID groups, and more
The SolarWinds® PerfStack™ feature within the SRM storage monitoring solution allows users to drag, drop, and overlay performance metrics from their other SolarWinds® monitoring solutions on a single chart. Types of data include network, virtualization, storage, and database.
- Predefined and custom storage performance and capacity trend reports
- Reporting on the overall health of storage arrays with help from SRM storage monitoring software without the use of spreadsheets
- Supported: Storage Performance Monitoring
- Supported: Capacity Planning
- Supported: Support for over 40 storage array types
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||50%|
- Better visibility of storages
- Single point of view of all our storage
- Fast troubleshooting
- Avoid downtimes
- Visibility into capacity consumption for forecasting budget
- Visibility into apps or VMs that negatively affect performance (with some work)
- We still rely on the SAN-native phone-home functions for hardware alerts like failed drives
- Building an infrastructure lineage, the same lineage shown in AppStack (available in the Orion platform) was awesome.
- We struggled to make the ROI work, especially with vendor-specific tools often included with storage purchases.
- Price has scared more than one manager and, in my freelancing work, more than one customer away from a purchase.
- Before we purchased SRM, we have very little visibility of the performance of our disks, which would lead to issues
- Single pane of glass dashboards allow us to spot issues quickly
- Capacity forecasts allow us to also tackle storage issues before we hit a point of no return
- We are able to plan ahead for storage expansion. This allows us to decide what we need and hold out for special discounts instead of needing to purchase right away.
- We are able to move our systems to faster storage if they need it. This keeps systems the most productive
- With SRM we have proactively monitored devices to stay ahead of data growth
- SRM makes monitoring of internal asset condition much easier
- SRM make monitoring of live statistics much easier.
- Real-time monitoring and alerting to surpass those of native vSphere and in some occasions, better than manufacturer written software.
- Historical monitoring of environment with charts and graphs to assist with ever changing environment loads.