So instead of using VROPS and basic vCenter monitoring we using VMAN …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SolarWinds Virtualization Manager (VMAN), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SolarWinds® Virtualization Manager (VMAN) is an intuitive tool for monitoring, performance management, capacity planning and optimization.
into your environment
Manage both VMware and Microsoft environments - on-premises or in the cloud - with a single tool. VMAN also visualizes how your virtualization connects to application, server, and storage infrastructure for faster troubleshooting.
Clear path to maximize performance
Get insight into the performance, capacity, configuration, and usage of your virtualized infrastructure, including hosts, VMs, clusters and datastores. VMAN delivers recommendations to address active or potential performance issues.
Address virtualization issues efficiently
VMAN can execute a variety of management actions, including power on/off, suspend, reboot a VM, or take and delete snapshots. You can migrate VMs to a different host, and VM disks to a different data store.
Reclaim resources for improved performance
Reclaim virtual resources instantly with VM sprawl alerts and recommendations. VMAN can automatically find idle, stale, and zombie VMs as well as orphaned VMDKs to free up storage space. VMAN can guide you in right-sizing your VMs to recapture CPU and memory resources for further savings.
- Supported: Hypervisor specific active alerting
- Supported: Virtual machine resource planning
- Supported: Actionable recommendations for remediation of active and predicted VM performance
- Supported: Visibility into VM Sprawl reclaims resources
- Supported: Remediate issues without having to log in to a hypervisor
- Supported: Intuitive dashboards that highlight the most important issues
- Broadcom Unified Infrastructure Management and formerly from CA
Solar winds virtualization manager stacks up against them because of this features
• unified dashboards, alerting, and management • Use the host agent to run Snap™ and Telegraf™ plug-ins and provide drop-in monitoring for your key systems, and • Leverage the large number of built-in integrations available for both systems to extend the solution to meet your infrastructure monitoring needs.
- Good performance of the application
- Visually well designed
- Really useful topology creation in comparison to most competitors
- It works with most of the infrastructure companies
- Every day the company adds new features and capabilities
- Good support
- Easy to integrate with your infrastructure
- VMware Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery and CloudHealth by VMware