SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD)

SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD) Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

August 25, 2021

Clunky and dated

I used ManageEngine ServiceDesk and ServiceNow at previous jobs. [SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD)] was in place when I came to this job and I was disappointed when I started using it as it has a more clunky, less intuitive interface, and lacks the features of those products. And it gets frustrating because sometimes it doesn't work right. Like I will open a ticket and click on the button to add a note and instead it will close the Notes section. So then I have to close and reopen the ticket and try again. Same with closing a ticket. I change the Status to "closed" and click on "Save" and it doesn't save. So I have to keep repeating this until it works. Also, it's lacking features like the ability to unmerge or split tickets, that I had in other products. And sometimes when users reply to tickets it creates another ticket instead of adding it to the existing ticket and then we have to merge tickets. Also, it's lacking the integration with users and assets that those other products have.
June 29, 2021

WHD Saves the day!

I haven't reviewed competition, we've been using [SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD)] for over 10 years. Because of this, I have a nice history on which users may need more attention. I haven't seen a need to check out the competition.
Brent Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD) holds its own among the top competitors for help desk systems. Some advanced functionality, and more-so the lack of polished interface knocks it down compared to some competitors. I selected SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD) simply because I came into a shop that was already using it. I may evaluate new options in the coming years to try and find an offering with better reporting functionality and a more polished GUI.
Marc Shaffer | TrustRadius Reviewer
From a quality and use standpoint, they leave ALL of them in the dust. As far as support is concerned, they are faster and more accurate at resolving issues. Their software goes in easily, and functions as it is supposed to with minimal problems. And, as I have said before, their support is easy to reach and fast to resolve issues.
Eric Krueger | TrustRadius Reviewer
SolarWinds Help Desk's overall package of tools is superior in our opinion to the other Help Desk products we have evaluated and tried in the past. We selected SolarWinds because the overall ROI was greater and the efficiencies that we could implement immediately made more sense. From a product standpoint, the time from startup to utilization was quicker with less learning curve needed for our staff. End users responded better to the tool and were happier with how tickets were handled. Management was also happier with the types of reporting functions that could allow them to see these efficiencies better.
John Mahlman IV | TrustRadius Reviewer
Web Help Desk is definitely lacking in the UI/UX department compared to most other ticketing systems I have used int he past. It's very utilitarian; however, what it lacks in UI it makes up for in extensibility and customization. The main issue that the developers need to address is the use of a Web Objects back-end.
Tim Twiss | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • BMC Track-It!
BMC Track-It! was my first choice for a help desk solution, but we chose SolarWinds Web Help Desk primarily based on cost alone, a now regrettable decision. Track-It! is a far superior product and is better than SolarWinds WHD in every way. That being said, for the cost and what we needed it to do, WHD has performed as expected.
April 15, 2016

SolarWinds WHD Review

Chris John | TrustRadius Reviewer
SolarWinds is probably the most basic of the 3 that I've worked with. SolarWinds was selected because it was the cheapest and we just wanted to use something that was fairly quick to set up and get going. Autotask is quite robust and might be a bit too much for what we need. ManageEngine was ok but we just decided to go with SolarWinds at the moment.
Zachary Estevez | TrustRadius Reviewer
SharePoint is a tool that you make fit your requirements. This takes a lot of time and effort. WHD had most of the features our organization was looking for without the hassle of having to write HTML and pay licensing fees for a product that needed to be tailored to be properly used. WHD allowed us to implement a CCF program on an already tailored ticketing system.
Michael Santangelo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We primarily selected SolarWinds Web Help Desk because of the rich feature set and low price point. When we were doing comparisons of the different suites available, we wanted to find an easy to deploy, feature rich, and inexpensive solution. Web Help Desk met all these criteria. Talking with their sales and support staff prior to the purchase helped us seal the deal. We did a 30 day trial in-house and found that it had every feature we wanted (including the import email system to enter comments on tickets). Additionally we found a large forum with lots of users who have been posting tweaks and configuration guides to get the most performance out of the system. Overall, it was just the best choice for us.
Michael Chelone | TrustRadius Reviewer
UI overall was poorly implemented and work flow seemed wonky at best. Ease of use of SolarWinds Web Help Desk was simple and implementation was a breeze. Major plus was asset tracking over old product.
We have used other systems. The simplicity of SolarWinds Web Help Desk, its ease of setup and use have made it a valuable tool in our toolbox. You can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a sprawling Help Desk package, but if your needs are like most companies, SolarWinds Web Help Desk provides the tools needed to get the job done without hiring a large staff to develop and maintain it.

SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD) Scorecard Summary

Incident and problem management (9)
Organize and prioritize service tickets (17)
Expert directory (11)
Subscription-based notifications (15)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (12)
5.4
Ticket creation and submission (7)
Ticket response (7)
Self Help Community (2)
4.8
External knowledge base (4)
3.0
Internal knowledge base (6)
6.5
Multi-Channel Help (4)
Customer portal (6)
5.6
Social integration (3)
Email support (7)
Help Desk CRM integration (3)

What is SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD)?

SolarWinds Web Help Desk is ticketing and IT asset management software. It is designed to simplify help desk management. This solution includes built-in ticketing management, asset management, change management, and knowledge base capabilities.

SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD) Features