Reviews (1-3 of 3)
We monitor several internal and external web sites and generate alerts when sites are slow or down. We monitor a number of public sites to measure general Internet performance and availability at our primary location.
Read Scott Reese's full review
Solarwinds Web Performance Monitor is good for monitoring the performance and availability of websites and web interfaces. It does need consistency so any change in the web site can break the monitor.
August 03, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We use WPM for web application monitoring and alerting across multiple departments. It has permitted us to proactively monitor and alert on critical web apps 24*7 where we used to have to just wait for users and customers to alert us of issues. This combined with details of what steps have problems gives us critical information to get the problem resolved sooner.
- Since WPM builds on Orion its alerting capabilities are very good. We've always been able to generate alerts parameters to meet user needs.
- WPM's web app monitoring capabilities were exactly what we needed. We've been able to write detailed transactions to monitor very specific app functions.
- We sometimes struggle with sites that open new browser tabs.
Read John Predmore's full review
We've found WPM to be a fit for every web application that we wanted to monitor. If you have a web app that you'd like monitoring/alerting for then WPM may work for you. So far our only struggles have been when after logging in the app launches a new tab.
September 12, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
Web Performance Monitor is used within our organization to test our web applications via workflow. It allows us a real view into each step of the transaction by producing print screens and error alerting. Web Performance Monitor is only managed by the IT organization and creates monitors at the request of engineering.
- Testing web applications
- Ability to log in to secure sections of websites in order to test user authentication
- Provides a detailed history of steps taken and provides print screens of each step. If an error occurs you can see the web page to better diagnose issues.
- The creation of tests can take some time as you are recording actions taken on web sites.
- Ability to edit already created tests typically results in deleting steps and recreating
- Require to create multiple iterations of similar tests in order to test individual app servers behind a load balancer
Read this authenticated review
Web performance monitor is well suited if you are looking for extremely granular view into your web applications. This application allows you to go as deep as you want in testing your web application and provides history and screen shots of the sites that it monitors. It also allows for alerting based on certain thresholds of latency or failure categories.
SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM)
Web Performance Monitor helps IT pros:
- Know when users can’t get to your site or web app, or are giving up because it’s too slow
- Track Web Service/SaaS application performance for both internal and external solutions
- View website and infrastructure performance from a single view
- Monitor user experience from multiple access locations
- Automatically alert with configurable thresholds at each step of a transaction
Categories: System Monitoring
SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM) Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM) Technical Details