August 01, 2019
Score 4 out of 10
Solid Commerce is a online tool used for multi-service e-commerce sales. Only our e-commerce and warehouse team used it. This tool allowed our business to grow from just selling on ebay to also selling on Amazon, Amazon PRIME, Walmart and BigCommerce. It had many limitations but at the time of use, it also allowed for great growth in e-commerce.
- It did allow for multi-channel promotion of the same set of SKUs. It diminished qty on all marketplaces when there was a sale on one.
- It allowed for multiple skus to change price.
- It allowed for SKU segmentation and multiple attribute tagging.
- When their company was smaller and more customer service driven, there was a lot of creative thinking to create sales growth.
- As their company grew and our e-commerce department grew, Solid Commerce lacked in customer service.
- At one point we could see a high turnover rate of Solid Commerce employees, leading to a disconnect for customers.
- We had a hard time functioning with other external tools like ShipWorks, ShipStation, our DMS, even uploading using excel files became unreliable.
- We ended our relationship with Solid Commerce less then a year ago because we could not rely on their automation and communication. They knew this for months before we decided to terminate the relationship.
Read this authenticated review
Solid Commerce may be helpful for small businesses that want to reach from one marketplace to become multi-channel based. However, I would recommend short contracts, long trial periods, request a teammate with 2+ years experience at the company and don't be afraid to communicate your needs. I do feel there is a place for the company in the marketplace, it is less expensive than most, it has a lot of benefits in segmentation and pricing needs, but it can lack in reliability and is not as reactive to customers for an e-commerce market.