SOLIDWORKS Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

July 05, 2021

Support Rating

I have found the support information available online very useful. Most of my questions were answered in SOLIDWORKS support forums. I have not contacted the live support in the past 3 years.
March 13, 2020
Jacob Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

SOLIDWORKS has a plethora of training guides and videos to help you along the way. It is very easy to just search in a web browser a question you may have, and an answer will most likely come up. I gave this a 7 because SOLIDWORKS is very buggy and sometimes just breaks. There is no reason why, but it bugs out and there is no support option.
Read Jacob Smith's full review
July 02, 2020

Support Rating

SOLIDWORKS as a company seems to want you to be good at their program to encourage you to continue using it and tell others of the experience. There is a ton of support from the community, as well as from the reseller (we use GoEngineer). There is an official forum that is very active, as well as tutorials built right into the program to help you get started, and even into some advanced features.
June 16, 2020

Support Rating

I like this product because it is easy to use, featured with all tools I required and I'm familiar with the software.
May 04, 2020

Support Rating

SOLIDWORKS doesn't even have to provide its own support. It is so ubiquitous that there are countless YouTube videos, online classes, forums, etc. that can answer all of your questions. When I was making my first weldment, I looked up a 5 minute YouTube video showing me exactly how it is implemented, and I was able to apply it myself immediately.
March 14, 2020

Support Rating

I've had great success working with our SOLIDWORKS reseller for troubleshooting. They were able to address my issues very quickly and effectively by creating a screenshare to see the issue and resolve it.
February 10, 2020

Support Rating

We work with a 3rd party reseller, CATI, who is extremely responsive to our needs, and offers training at a local facility. The service has been great. We have not experienced major technical issues requiring direct support assistance.
October 25, 2019
Cory Puuri | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

We have an unusual arrangement. We don’t pay for support, but we’re partnered with a VAR for second-tier support.

I work with other users if I have questions but when we’ve had to ask the VAR, they always have answers.

It appears that all of the VARs have access to a support platform from DS SOLIDWORKS that helps them answer most questions.
Read Cory Puuri's full review
January 29, 2020
Sean Nutley | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

I have always had every question answered either by our VAR, 3DS themselves or by other Solidworks users within various community forums. The answers come very quickly and the issue is always fully resolved. Our company has always been very happy with the support we recieve and that is why we constantly renew Solidworks.
Read Sean Nutley's full review
December 13, 2019
Keith Cordero | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Whenever it crashes or if I need an update of the patch, the support staff that I call is always available and have always answered any question that I have had. All past versions are on the website and can revert to an older version easily. I have had to do this on occasion because my co-worker was using an older version and couldn't open the files I was making.
Read Keith Cordero's full review
September 03, 2019
Michael Greene | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

My software reseller has always been prompt to help with any issues. The SOLIDWORKS online help library is extensive and covers nearly all questions. This makes phone calls to my reseller very rare.
Read Michael Greene's full review
December 17, 2019

Support Rating

I never had any issues with this software.

What is SOLIDWORKS?

Dassault Systemes offers SOLIDWORKS, a computer-aided design (CAD) system for education and manufacturing supporting 2D or 3D design, electrical design, simulations, and product development with collaboration tools.

SOLIDWORKS Video