Reviews (1-2 of 2)
February 19, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
The SonicWall NSA Series provides firewall protection at each of our branch locations. The NSA series specifically has the hardware power to acommodate the number of active connections we have at each branch. Combined with the comprehensive gateway security license, SonicWall NSA provides a solid first line of defense of whatever bad stuff our users may try to download.
- Relatively inexpensive compared to some of the higher-end products, like Palo Alto Networks.
- Easy to set up, as the SonicWall NSA interface is consistent across all models.
- The logging interface is voluminous and difficult to get quick and good information from.
- SonicWall NSA is trying to mimic Palo Alto Network's investigative features but falls far behind.
Read Kenny McGarrity's full review
SonicWall NSA is an excellent mid-range firewall suitable for branch office locations that expect a lot of network traffic. The higher-end NSA can take the bandwidth requirements of thousands of users while using Deep Packet Inspection and Antivirus features. We currently have SonicWall NSA deployed in a high availability mode configuration, and amazingly can failover to the backup hardware without dropping VPN connections. SonicWall NSA series is not recommended for companies who integrate VPNs with Cisco devices, as I've had difficulties with the VPN staying up.
December 13, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
It's a solid device series I recommend to various clients. It can be as simple or complex as necessary, reliable, and a cost effective solutions for small to mid sized businesses. The user console is easy, installing certs and licenses is also easy to do. Adding WAPs or other devices is easy. The units are well made and can be rack mounted or stand alone (ideal for some smaller clients).
- Ease of configuration. Easy to add WAPs, etc.
- Ideal with smaller businesses. Would have to examine for more complex needs of larger businesses.
- Scalability might be an issue for super large organizations.
Read Mike Narumiya's full review
I feel it's great for smaller organizations with limited WAP needs and limited technology staff. It is easy to set up, has the settings you need for most configurations, can handle additional complexities as needed. The VPN licenses are a little pricey, but easy to manage and administer. Great product for the right organizations. If you have powerhouse needs, go with Cisco, but if not, this will be great.
SonicWall NSA Series Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SonicWall NSA Series
The SonicWall NSA Series is the company's mid-range next generation firewall (NGFW).
SonicWall NSA Series Technical Details