Reviews (1-5 of 5)
April 10, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
Sophos is one of the many vendors we utilize and offer to clients for Antispam/Outbound Encryption, and other email services. The Secure Email Gateway provides mail services both inbound and outbound, including scanning and filtering/quarantining in both directions. The service also provides an attachment scoring and testing feature to test against threats before delivering potentially bad email to end users.
- Inbound email, scanning and filtering of email.
- Outbound email scanning, as well as encryption for secure transfer.
- The attachment scanning and sandboxing of files to test danger level.
- Other vendors services are a bit more streamlined for end users and their quarantine digests.
- Administration does not allow for quite as many settings as other vendors.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
Sophos holds its own with similar vendors for email protection. It has all of the standard features needed, and work well enough. Sophos protects against malware, as well as crypto loaded packages with attachment scanning. Any size company can get involved with Sophos, as they are competitively priced to similar vendors.
June 22, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
As a company that provides software to hospitals and other medical facilities, security is extremely important to us. We use the Sophos Secure Email Gateways to filter all mail going to and from our organization. It is used to reduce spam, phishing attacks, and other annoying or malicious behavior in our organization. We use this across our entire organization in conjunction with Google G Suite software, including Gmail.
- Filters spam emails and keeps our inboxes clean, even keeps our spam folders in Gmail clear.
- Filters phishing emails that can be dangerous to our team's security.
- Sometimes it will filter emails that are not spam, and should not be considered spam.
- I have seen systems that handle mislabeled spam email better, in how they can be accessed by the end user.
Read this authenticated review
Overall, we chose and continue to use Sophos Secure Email Gateways due to its effectiveness. I would recommend that existing Sophos users add this as an option in their account, as it is easy to manage for existing users. But, any IT pro who is looking for solid email security, this is a good product to use.
June 13, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
Currently, it is implemented company-wide on both campuses.
- Scans emails.
- Blocks phishing scams.
- Checks email links for vulnerabilities.
- Keeps track of all traffic and data whether personal or business.
- Affects email templates when testing.
- Obscures true links in emails with redirects.
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
Sophos is suiting for, in a sense, locking down the email systems for its user-base and giving control back to the admins.
August 29, 2017
Sophos Secure Email Gateway is protecting us and our customers, against huge threats like Ransomware (with effective rate) that travel mainly via email attachments. Its deployment is easy and its configuration is even easier. Let's keep in mind that the main protection against common threats is email protection. With Sophos Virus Definitions, the protection is higher than expected.
- Easy deployment.
- Excellent pre and post support service.
- Good rate of threat detection
- Graphic interface smoothness, a little bit hard to find advanced features.
- Logs details and preview.
- Support channel configuration for advanced support requirements.
Read Juan Carlos Sanchez Pignalosa's full review
[Sophos Secure Email Gateways is well suited:] Whenever you have any internal email system to protect against viruses and spam. Advanced Data protection for your organization to be protected against data theft (via Email DLP). Encryption requirements for financial areas, where they need to share encrypted information across third parties.
June 21, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
The Sophos Secure Email Gateways is being used across the bank to address the email encryption purposes as well as for anti-spam and phishing; together with those we also employ the e-mail sandboxing feature. The product is also being customized to provide a workflow of sending certain encrypted emails.
- We could customize it to have a certain level of workflow. We manage to enforce certain email (based on key-phrases) to be quarantined before send it to the recipient. And the email needs to be approved (manually) before being released.
- For certain type (using regex) of email, we will encrypt it if it's sent outside our organization domain.
- Out of the box workflow approval of emails before being sent to recipients is a plus
- Using regex needs a certain expertise
- In regards to DLP, why not add context based and content based
Read this authenticated review
If trying to ensure the email is secure from a certain degree of threats like spam, ransomware and even phishing attacks than Sophos Secure Email Gateway is the answer. In our organization, it's been implemented and none of the security incidents related to those attacks that rooted from email is reported. And Sophos Secure Email Gateway has one of the best email encryption methods we found on the market.
Sophos Secure Email Gateways Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Sophos Secure Email Gateways
Multi-national UK headquartered company Sophos offers their line of secure email gateways and email appliances.
Categories: Secure Email Gateway
Sophos Secure Email Gateways Technical Details