Sophos UTM Reviews

September 01, 2020
Michael Cattano | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

I find the support fair. The wait can be frustrating when dealing with fire. The pandemic has not helped with this. Although the wait can be long, the support reps are knowledgeable and was able to resolve the issues I was facing.
Read Michael Cattano's full review
August 20, 2019
Paul Cheng | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

Generally support has been great with Sophos. I did have one call recently in which I was on hold for more than an hour waiting for a tech, however it was after midnight on a weekend. I was able to work it out on my own while I was waiting on hold, but otherwise, tech support is responsive and knowledgeable.
Read Paul Cheng's full review
December 09, 2019

Support Rating

The week link of Sophos UTM is the customer support. I haven't had to use it often, but when I do, the wait times can easily be an hour or two. Once I am talking to someone, the support is excellent. The support agents are knowledgeable and can quickly diagnose the issue and get you to a resolution.

What is Sophos UTM?

Sophos UTM is a Unified Threat Management solution. It provides the core firewall features, including Advanced Threat Protection, site-to-site VPN, web filtering, application control, and intrusion protection. Sophos also provides sandboxing capabilities to test possible threats in isolated environments, and uses AI to detect threats without relying on signatures. It also offers built-in traffic monitoring and reporting.

Sophos UTM can be deployed in a variety of formats, including as hardware (SG Series), as software, virtually, or cloud-based. It is customizable depending on the prioritization between high-availability, clustering, remote connectivity, centralization, and reporting capabilities. Sophos offers modularized services for tailored licensing.