Reviews (1-6 of 6)
June 06, 2021
I have been working in network security for the last 3 years and I have worked with lots of firewall devices. As per my knowledge, this is one of the best firewall devices in the market at a low cost. Sophos XG Firewall provides you endpoint security, protection from malicious, malware attacks, and protection from any type of cyberattacks. There are lots of others features are available which make this device the best security product.
- Web application security.
- Advanced SD-WAN (software-defined networking in a wide area network).
- Web traffic control through URL filtering.
- Application control.
- Less documents available. Sophos should work on these issues.
- Good technical support is not available.
- GUI is not user friendly.
Read Rahul Verma's full review
This is the best product for small-size organizations with a low budget that want advanced and deep-level security features. Sandboxing and advanced malware protection are the most valuable features available on Sophos devices. Other features like applications and web content make your organization more secure, and you can put more restrictions on users.
Sophos XT Firewall [is the] true next generation firewall with all the features, which can help you protect your infrastructure. Lots of [the] latest security [is] available in this device. I am working on this device [for the] last 2 years and I [am] really happy with features like email filtering, endpoint protection, web filtering. This is [a] combination of all the latest security features which are available in market.
- You can scan every packet deeply through sandboxing.
- Control the user traffic through content filtering.
- Put the restrictions on user web traffic through web filtering.
- Control any type of malware through anti virus.
- Need more marketing. Lots of people's are not aware of their latest features.
- Dashboard is not good.
- Not advance routing available.
Read Basant Gupta's full review
I think this firewall is good for every industry, if you belong to [a] credit card industry then you should buy this product because you [will] need to scan every packet deeply and this firewall can help you. You can choose advanced IPS and sandbox for this. Lots of others features are also available to protect your organization from external attacks.
April 30, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
We currently use two [Sophos XG Firewall's] across two locations. Eventually going up to three locations all with redundant backup firewalls for high availability. Along with that we also use the MDM and endpoint protection along with it. They have been keeping our business safe for years now.
- Easy to use interface for setting up rules, VLANs, etc.
- Cost of the units are fairly reasonable.
- Sophos Support is easy to get in touch with and work with if any issues arise.
- If using Endpoint security and the Firewall it would be nice to have an easier back and forth between the portals rather than have two separate tabs open. Especially if using more than one in multiple locations.
- If dealing with different revisions options are moved around and sometimes in places that doesn't normally seem like they should be there.
Read Mike Goularte's full review
In the SMB space [Sophos XG Firewall] can be very well received and utilized, even without a dedicated IT staff. Larger companies can use it as well but I feel there are better options as the company scales up.
May 21, 2021
Score 10 out of 10
We are using Sophos XG Firewall for managing remote VPN & Multifactor authentication. We are also using Sophos XG Firewall for implement of VLANs across the different departments. We are using it across all the organization & main issue we resolved after implementation of Sophos XG Firewall is Two factor authentication. The best feature of Sophos XG Firewall we found is site to site VPN.
- 2FA for prevent unauthorized access in infrastructure
- Remote VPN for connecting remote branches & easy to access features
- Web Traffic Rules for prevent malware & any other malicious activity
- Support Team can be more fast in case of any downtime activity
- There is no integration with OpenVPN
Read Pretty Varughese's full review
Sophos XG Firewall is well suited for Medium & Large scale infrastructure having multiple departments. Sophos XG Firewall has a bucket of features. Encryption feature is one of the best use in our organization. The Console UI needs an update.
Sophos XG Firewall has been used for controlling the whole of our network without any problem for the last 3 years. It is very easy to use and all graphical interfaces are easy to understand. Controlling users and remote site and remote users.
- Remote 2FA authentication
- Controls the user web and application access.
- Shows all the activities in the dash board.
- Making remote site to site SSL VPN.
- Tec support is hard to contact.
- Implementation of 2FA for domain level user authentication.
- Need a detail training session when purchasing it.
Content and application filtering and updated thread control.
Read nawas khan's full review
As we are all addicted to graphics-oriented interfaces for all our life products. Easy to manage and access as a good way of using anything
Sophos XG is being used in our main headquarters and also branch office. We also use the entry level to separate the business and production network. This was used to replace our L-3 firewall, Juniper SSG when we were evaluating a next-gen firewall.
If you're looking for a scenario where you need to control internet access, you can go very detailed, blocking just Facebook streaming but allowing Facebook in general. It has all prebuilt choices for you to make. You can even separate the users in AD Group and categorize who gets how many quota of internet per day.
Read this authenticated review
Honestly we didn't get the premium support from them, but our partner has been supportive. Online forums are also a good place to learn things from.
Sophos XG Firewall Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Sophos XG Firewall?
Sophos XG Firewall provides comprehensive next-generation firewall protection powered by deep learning and Synchronized Security. The vendor states XG Firewall supplies unmatched insights and exposes hidden user, application, and threat risks on the network, and say the product is differentiated by its ability to respond automatically to security incidents by isolating compromised systems, with Security Heartbeat™.
Sophos XG Firewall Screenshots
Sophos XG Firewall Competitors
Sophos XG Firewall Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Sophos XG Firewall Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Linux, physical/virtual appliance|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|