Sophos XG Firewall
Sophos XG Firewall
We were originally using the old Sophos UTM but upgraded to the XG several years ago. We are using it for several functions, including web …
We currently use two [Sophos XG Firewall's] across two locations. Eventually going up to three locations all with redundant backup …
I have been working in network security for the last 3 years and I have worked with lots of firewall devices. As per my knowledge, this is …
Sophos XT Firewall [is the] true next generation firewall with all the features, which can help you protect your infrastructure. Lots of …
We are using Sophos XG Firewall for managing remote VPN & Multifactor authentication. We are also using Sophos XG Firewall for implement …
Sophos XG Firewall has been used for controlling the whole of our network without any problem for the last 3 years. It is very easy to use …
Sophos XG is being used in our main headquarters and also branch office. We also use the entry level to separate the business and …
Policy-based Controls (7)
Content Inspection (7)
Identification Technologies (7)
Visualization Tools (7)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Sophos XG Firewall, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
9 people want pricing too
Sophos XG Firewall provides comprehensive next-generation firewall protection powered by deep learning and Synchronized Security. The vendor states XG Firewall supplies unmatched insights and exposes hidden user, application, and threat risks on the network, and say the product is differentiated by its ability to respond automatically to security incidents by isolating compromised systems, with Security Heartbeat™.
- Supported: Identification Technologies
- Supported: Visualization Tools
- Supported: Content Inspection
- Supported: Policy-based Controls
- Supported: Active Directory and LDAP
- Supported: Firewall Management Console
- Supported: Reporting and Logging
- Supported: VPN
- Supported: High Availability
- Supported: Stateful Inspection
- Supported: Proxy Server
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Linux, physical/virtual appliance|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
Reviewers rate High Availability highest, with a score of 9.2.
The most common users of Sophos XG Firewall are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Content Filtering
- Wireless Management
- Email filtering
- Device login process
- Handling multiple authentication providers
- Easy to use interface for setting up rules, VLANs, etc.
- Cost of the units are fairly reasonable.
- Sophos Support is easy to get in touch with and work with if any issues arise.
- If using Endpoint security and the Firewall it would be nice to have an easier back and forth between the portals rather than have two separate tabs open. Especially if using more than one in multiple locations.
- If dealing with different revisions options are moved around and sometimes in places that doesn't normally seem like they should be there.
- Web application security.
- Advanced SD-WAN (software-defined networking in a wide area network).
- Web traffic control through URL filtering.
- Application control.
- Less documents available. Sophos should work on these issues.
- Good technical support is not available.
- GUI is not user friendly.
- You can scan every packet deeply through sandboxing.
- Control the user traffic through content filtering.
- Put the restrictions on user web traffic through web filtering.
- Control any type of malware through anti virus.
- Need more marketing. Lots of people's are not aware of their latest features.
- Dashboard is not good.
- Not advance routing available.
- 2FA for prevent unauthorized access in infrastructure
- Remote VPN for connecting remote branches & easy to access features
- Web Traffic Rules for prevent malware & any other malicious activity
- Support Team can be more fast in case of any downtime activity
- There is no integration with OpenVPN
- Remote 2FA authentication
- Controls the user web and application access.
- Shows all the activities in the dash board.
- Making remote site to site SSL VPN.
- Tec support is hard to contact.
- Implementation of 2FA for domain level user authentication.
- Need a detail training session when purchasing it.
- Broad VPN choices to connect.
- Intuitive interface.
- Mobile app is needed for IT folks.