Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SourceForge, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
SourceForge is a software discovery platform for business software and open source software.
IT professionals can go to SourceForge to develop, download, review, and publish open source and business software. SourceForge is a destination for software discovery, software reviews, and software development.
With the tools provided, developers on SourceForge create software in over 502,000 projects; we host millions of registered users. The vendor states its directory connects more than 30 million monthly users with all of these open source projects and serves more than 2.6 million downloads a day. Their business software directory lists over 60,000 software titles.
- It categorizes all the software very well by work area and different functions, it is possible to see a huge list and get what I need, it also shows the best qualified for each section and from there it has been possible to determine the software we need.
- The open space for the exchange of opinions is great! It opens the opportunity for us to express ourselves, both what is good and what is not so good and receiving feedback from the software involved allows them to improve and with this our work and user experience as well.
- The publication of the reviews is quite fast, I am impressed by the speed of response and attention.
- The support team is quite reliable, they solve problems quickly and easily, I get a quick response every time I have had a problem with the platform.
- It has an extensive interface, its colors are striking, the tools are intuitive, and it is quite easy to understand how to interact with the tools.
- I have only presented a single drawback, the antispam filter, I know that it is an important security system for the platform, however, it interrupts the user experience and does not make the moment when uploading a review comfortable. It has only happened to me a couple of times, when I have not committed spam, it would be ideal if this error was solved, it would give a better user experience, comfort when uploading reviews and give fewer scares to its users when that window appears.
- It has a great system and forms for writing reviews; you can write very good reviews in very few minutes. In addition, the reviews can be complete, it has several text fields and also simple selection questions.
- I loved that this platform has very detailed reviews for all types of software. It doesn't matter if it's some finance or marketing software, it will also have very comprehensive reviews highlighting the key features of that program.
- The general interface is comfortable. In addition, it has easy access to the various sections of the platform, so navigating within the platform and finding the right software is a fairly simple process.
- Review moderation time is very short, I submitted several reviews on some programs we currently use and the reviews were approved within a few hours.
- The only negative point that I have to give to this platform is that it currently does not have any type of filter that helps optimize the review search process. Currently, when you go into reviews of some software, all the reviews are together and there is no way to divide them by any job sector, company size, or type of user. This is a real problem since there are some users who sometimes need much more precise opinions, opinions about some software within a specific sector. I really hope they implement a review search filter system as quickly as possible.
- I loved the way this platform compares all the software in a specific sector, for example, if you are looking for project software, this platform will make you an automated comparison of the best project software, so you can choose the best one for you and for the needs you have.
- I loved how detailed the reviews I read within this platform were, during the comparison of various software, I was able to read several reviews that helped me make a much more accurate decision, the reviews within SourceForge were very detailed, with information information about the corresponding software and detailed information about the tools of each software.
- I wrote a couple of reviews within this platform, reviews about software that I use within my Projects sector, and I loved the ease with which I was able to write these reviews, the review writing interface is quite comfortable, with selection questions simple which help you to have a more complete reviews. The process of writing reviews without a doubt I loved.
- The only missing feature within this platform is the filter system, there is currently no filter to help you simplify the search for software reviews, for example, if you want to filter software reviews by a specific sector, this It is not possible, nor can you filter them by company size, since there is currently no type of filter in reading reviews, this is a missing and very important feature.
- SourceForge Offers a fairly detailed platform section in which you can find a large list of software available for a specific area, and they also have a list of alternatives that can help you implement much better software with better features. The software listings that SourceForge offers have many alternatives, I can even find some software that is not so well known in the market.
- This platform also has a public forum, where you can find help and you can make debates about some specific software about a problem you have with software coding, the forum is quite active, so when you have a doubt you can solve the with the help of people who use the forum consecutively. This is one of the most beneficial functions for me, since it is in the software sector of my company, the discussion forum is quite useful.
- SourceForge It has quite detailed reviews about specific software. This is one of the most outstanding features of this platform because the reviews help them to have a better choice of a platform. The reviews within these platforms are very complete, they have positive and negative characteristics about specific software.
- Really the only improvement that has to be done within this platform is regarding the design in general. The general design of the platform area Yam alternate some use or SourceForge It is quite organized, it has easy access to each of the sections, however the color that it currently uses and it is quite organized, it has the design of the UI, It can be a bit boring for some people. The current design of this platform must be optimized for scale since when you want to make settings in your profile within the platform, this process can be quite outdated, it has quite simple configuration buttons that do not capture the user's attention. The design is quite important for users in general, this is the only negative point that this platform has, it must improve its design, and it is expensive to make users feel more comfortable using the platform.
- I really liked the way SourceForge allows you to make reviews, they are really short opinions and they don't require you to fill out many forms to share your opinion about specific software. On several occasions I have written a couple of reviews about some programs that we use in our Sales area and the reviews have been really short, easy to complete and it is a very comfortable process.
- I really like that SourceForge has an interactive forum where everyone can share ideas and solutions about some software or service. On several occasions, I have entered the forum section that SourceForge has and have obtained valuable information on real-time user experiences on some software. Some users share their doubts or problems that they have obtained in some software, and sometimes I have those same problems, so it is easy to solve them since many solutions are shared in that forum.
- The moderation process is one of the most important things to mention about SourceForge. As I mentioned previously, on several occasions I had the opportunity to write a couple of reviews about some software that we use in our work sector, and when I submitted them, the moderation process was quite fast, the moderation team processes the reviews in less than 24 hours and that's amazing to me. Also, I loved the way the moderation team moderated my reviews over the weekends, sometimes the reviews would be submitted on a weekend and they would still moderate them, no exceptions even though I thought weekends didn't work.
- My main criticism towards this tech review website is that they need to optimize the web design. I have felt comfortable reading real opinions about software users and writing a couple of opinions but I think that the design should be more professional, currently the design is very inconspicuous, with colors that are not so pleasant for users. It would be excellent if they elaborate a more optimal, more professional and formal design that helps the user to think that the web is attractive.
- It is also important to mention that the anti-spam filter that SourceForge has is not that precise. On several occasions, when I have tried to send a review when I have finished writing it, a banner appears where it says "anti-spam filter" and I lose all the information that I have previously written in that review, this error has happened to me approximately 3 times, and it's a bit annoying, it would be great if they could fix it as soon as possible.
- SourceForge is a great place to find reviews
- SourceForge is a great place to leave reviews
- SourceForge is a great place to learn about new software.
- SourceForge could do more to solicit a more wide variety of reviews.
- SourceForge could do more to identify more software solutions to list.
- SourceForge could create more sponsored posts.
- Has fairly detailed reviews of products and a variety of professionals using them.
- Gives good pros and cons of each software piece.
- Has a large variety of different software.
- I don't particularly have any things that I would say need to be changed, for us it is mostly good review insight.
- Organization of platforms
- A large scope of options
- Easily searchable website
- To many follow up emails
- Can function slowly sometimes
- Some features aren't user friendly
- Easily categorizes software by their industry type
- Each software has a good amount of reviews to have a fair judgment
- The reviews are meaningful and structured so you have all information needed to make a decision
- There are some software products that are not available.
- The option to save or reference software that I previously looked at would help narrow down to a final selection.
- Available trial downloads through SourceForge would be ideal.
SourceForge addressed my teams never-ending needs for more high quality leads so that we could continue to grow our user base. They also had some cool features that showed us the names of the companies looking at our page so that our sales team could actually go out and contact those companies.
- Lead generation
- Simple setup, easy to manage once live
- Increase brand awareness
- displace competitors
- Good customer service
- minor UI fixes for admins
- minor additional API functionalities
- more in depth reporting functionalities
- Online training
- Wide variety of software database
- Tells pricing information of software
- Gives screen shots, videos, etc of software
- Provides direct links to software's website
- I'm not fond of having sponsored listings
- Very comprehensive software search engine
- Filter software by integrations, region, organization type, company size, and more
- Easy user review collection program
- Great customer support (by email or phone)
- Competitive pricing
- Unlimited clicks/leads for a flat rate (compared to PPC)
- Buyer insight data about who looks at our software
- Detailed reporting
- We'd like to be able to embed Vimeo videos
- Would be nice to be able to list case studies within their platform
- Online training
- Finding and comparing software prices, which is especially useful for businesses.
- Searching for and downloading open-source software for any purpose.
- An easy portal to search for rival software and what users are saying about them. It helps better analyze your own products and is quite helpful for making reports.
- The download links are usually all external, and since there are multiple links, it can be a pain to figure out which mirror would work the best for us.
- Search functionality has a lot of room for improvement. They lack proper filters, which would have improved the quality of software searches tenfold.
However, SourceForge does lack a good search filter option, and it could also add some more lesser-known software to it's growing list. Other than that, there is really no reason to doubt the site.
- Organic reviews
- Quick customer support
- Indepth analysis
- UI could be slightly better
- More options for modifying user profile
- Very simple and basic user interface
- Great tool to compare and read trustworthy review about business software
- Giant open-source software hub for the user
- Easy to find the right software for my project
- Unable to add software to wishlist
- Overall works excellently
- Most trusted Open Source platform.
- Easy to download and review software.
- Offers best developer community.
- User Interface is clean and smooth.
- Finds the best software for my business.
- Smart alternate tool suggestion.
- Unbiased software reviews.
- Few times site doesn't load properly due to CDN.
We use it mainly in contracting and accounting. It has streamlined our contracting department and provided us price optimization tools that we didn't know existed. It helped us filter out what we needed most. Our contracting software is now much more user friendly and straight forward. SourceForge helped eliminate unnecessary programs that bogged us down.
- SourceForge makes it really easy to find the right software.
- SourceForge can help streamline and optimize your business.
- SourceForge is a great tool for comparing software.
- I don’t really have many cons to speak of. There were some features lacking early on, like searching by integration or service region, but those have been taken care of now.
- I would like to be able to save my searches and comparisons, so that I could come back and reference them later, but it’s not a huge deal.
- There are a couple of features I don't understand.
It makes it very easy to compare different software and programs so you know you are getting what your need for your company and not wasting money on unnecessary programs .
- Clean user interface
- Simple to use filters
- Highly detailed product pages
- Huge selection of products and categories
- Search feature could be improved
- Design could be refreshed
- Community presence
- Open-source hosting
- Trustworthy user reviews
- Integration with popular IDEs.
- A more coder-friendly UI like GitHub, etc.
- Comparing business software.
- Business software reviews.
- Tools for creating software.
- Software search by industry.
- Everything was easy to use, no complaints.
- Easy learning curve.
- Easy to find the right software.
- Great reporting on your software campaign.
- Design could be improved.
- A large library of impressive FOSS programs with long legacies.
- Excellent discussion/forum threads for the various repositories/projects.
- Integrated download metrics displayed next to content to help end-users see which release/files are most popular.
- End-User centric approach, easier to distribute and download content from.
- Reviews for the project/content on the project page. Brilliant!
- A brief period where abandoned projects were altered by SourceForge to have ad-ware bundled into installers.
- Lack of direct/easy integration with popular tools like VSCode.
- Development community seems to have shifted towards Git/Bitbucket for most big projects.
As an end-user, SourceForge is once again a (mostly) trustworthy repository for some great FOSS project downloads, discussion boards, and issue reporting.