Reviews (1-25 of 43)
- System configuration and development support
- Project management
- End-User training
- Project timeline/estimations should be more conservative. Where the customer is being overly aggressive, Sovereign should be sure to schedule touch points/project milestones to level set expectations.
- Sovereign should provide engagement customers with a detailed summary of hours consumed. Tying hours to executed Invoices would be helpful. That would keep the customer from having to do so.
- The provided pre-req documentation was thorough and well thought out, making it easy to jump into the project.
- The design session to gather our requirements was very helpful, Sovereign's familiarity with the vRealize product line along with diagramming our desired layout confirmed our decision to bring in assistance with the project.
- When we ran into some issues with Sovereign's custom code their development team was on top of it and solved the issue in a matter of a few days.
- Our environment is unique and had some requirements that exceeded Sovereign's experience. While this was never a huge deal, it did bring about some bouts of trial and error.
- If possible during engagements it is best to play to different resource's strengths, in some cases someone else may have been a better fit for the task at hand if availability permitted.
- Requirements analysis that translates our needs to specific configurations
- Producing equipment quotes that translate to capital and operational spending
- Frequent direct-contact follow-up to ensure we have what we need
- Works closely with our hardware/software vendors to produce a unified front to us the customer.
- Persistence is good, up to a point.
We have found that Sovereign System complements our primary hardware vendor very well, adding a layer of value in the form of pre-sales technical support and specialists who can come in and talk with us about our specific technical challenges.
Because we often are rushing around at the last minute trying to nail down configurations, Sovereign Systems has proven that they can respond to our urgency.
- Excellent with the installation, configuration, and support of the EMC line of storage arrays.
- Valuable resource in the decision-making process of purchasing and configuration of the VMware product suite.
- Project management has been key to the success we have had with Sovereign Systems.
- There isn't much depth in the Citrix arena. Unfortunately, this limits us from being able to consolidate with Sovereign Systems as our only partner.
A mentioned previously in the survey, they are lacking in Citrix specialization, this forces us to use a different vendor for our licensing support. In addition to Citrix, we have used Dell Compute for legacy as well as our latest refresh of hardware, and Sovereign Systems has only recently (that I am aware of) started to specialize in the support and resell of Dell Compute with the recent Dell/EMC merger.
- Solution Delivery
- Large, complex, interdisciplinary projects with a global scope
- Possibly cross-domain systems architecture beyond traditional IT
- Potentially emerging technology road mapping
- Sovereign Systems was engaged to help us along with our journey to the cloud.
- The team was extremely professional and knowledgeable and helped us chose a platform that met our needs.
- Professional services did a fantastic job deploying VMware vRealize Automation.
- While the deployment was first rate and stable, documentation of the environment could have been better.
- Sovereign Systems expertise in enterprise storage technologies and virtualization is unmatched by any vendor that I have worked with in the past.
- Project management and the will to see projects through to the end is unmatched. We have been undergoing a large Epic implementation this year and Sovereign has assisted us every step of the way. They have even gone so far as to work along side vendors that are direct competitors to them to ensure the success of our project.
- Sovereign Systems's engineers are extremely knowledgeable and competent. They do what it takes to get the job done and make sure that the job is done right while providing documentation of the work that they have done and making sure that we understand the technologies that we are implementing.
- In the past when we have had issues and vendor support has been required, Sovereign Systems is quick to join in with helping us to get the issue resolved.
- Sovereign is always pushing to be our "one stop shop" for everything that we may need. Our philosophy is to not have all of our eggs in one basket and to maintain relationships with multiple vendors. While one vendor may be capable of meeting all of our needs, we like to use the vendor that is the best fit for each individual need which is why we diversify the vendors that we use for each project use case.
- Listened to our ideas
- Worked with the manufacturer to ensure the proper solution was being quoted
- Communicated updated order and shipping details in a timely fashion
- Followed up when an additional item was shipped that was not ordered and made it as painless as possible to return it
- They could use an SE that could work with us directly to help architect solutions, currently they don't have a NetApp SE that could do this for us
- Understand current IT trends and best practices
- Nimble solutions provider, quick turnaround on complex solutions.
- Customer support. Very great post-sales support. I cannot think of a time I have approached Sovereign Systems for support and had to chase answers down. Knowledgeable staff.
- Marketing material outlining Sovereigns full range of solutions.
- Customer service portal would help manage open cases.
- Very thorough with their help.
- They integrate well with our company.
- They bend over backwards to make sure that everything is done right and on time even when that is not their job.
- Knowledgable support.
- Sovereign systems is very tightly coupled with Turner Broadcasting in the purchasing and add tremendous value. I haven't seen anything that they need improvement on. Not to say that their isn't anything. Just at least in my experience there hasn't been anything.
- Evidence gathering
- Document review and vendor integration meetings
- Implementation of solution
- Professional services pre, during and post implementation
- Fully conveying the solution including proper set up procedures and documentation of best practices to the client.
- Procurement of hardware. Getting the best rate for us instead of the best profit for them.
- Services - by having an incredible team of experts they have a deep pool of people they can pull to bring the best possible solutions delivery.
- Aftercare - they have been proactive in checking in to make sure that the projects they have worked on not only were successful on delivery but continue to deliver months after installation.
- If I had to offer anything for an area of improvement I would ask that they offer more in the area of training services.
- By using well-seasoned engineers they have people that have been around long enough to know the ins and outs so you're not dealing with rookies.
- Sovereign is still a small vendor so getting their name out there as a player helps larger companies use them for larger projects.
- The level of knowledge that the engineers posses is very high and useful.
- The blog that I receive from Sovereign is a great resource of information.
- They have very competent people that we are comfortable working with. Some things for us that may be a once in a blue moon type activity are the things that their guys do weekly.
- Very good software driven solutions (see SovLabs). It's not uncommon for their guys to demo things for us in SovLabs which is useful to see what we can expect in our own environment.
- Good at being attentive and always quick to respond. Our rep John Kunik is always good at being Johnny on the spot whenever we need him.
- Some vendor bias in sales processes, this can be natural for many companies though but I do wish our last engagement could have gone better. Despite going with a different vendor for that purchase we are still using Sovereign for configuration and design assistance due to the history and trust we have in their technicians.
I'm sure there is much more but for my team we mainly leverage them in these areas.
- Sovereign System has always worked hard to meet our budgetary limitation while delivering outstanding value.
- Anytime I had a technical question I got an answer right away - often my account manager would call up an expert in the field of question and we would discuss.
- Always a joy to negotiate pricing.... but they are much easier to work with than most vars.
- Suggests the right technologies for the need not a technology with a specific vendor in mind.
- Understands our culture and technologist so that recommendations fit into what we do best and can support.
- Is always willing to go the extra mile to make sure we are happy and that our customers are happy.
- Expansion of the media industry experts.
- Continue to expand its vendors without losing sight of its small family feel.
- Remember that they might not always be the answer for everything.
- Configuration and deployment of Dell/EMC storage and backup platforms.
- Needs assessment and future growth planning.
- Product discounting through vendor initiatives.
- Project management.
- Coordination of product orders with the vendor although I think the vendor is the bigger issue. Insuring delivery time frames are met is of great importance with these kinds of projects.
- Communication between scheduled project meetings. There could be more contact between meetings.
- Provide a customer portal for project tracking.
Sovereign Systems Scorecard Summary
About Sovereign Systems
Sovereign Systems Competitors
Sovereign Systems Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|