Spark HIre

July 19, 2017

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Spark Hire, and make your voice heard!

What is Spark Hire?

Spark Hire is a video interviewing platform. Some key features include: One-Way Interview, Live Interview, Collaboration and Shared Interview.

What is HireVue?

HireVue is a video, mobile and social recruiting platform.

What is Hireflix?

Hireflix allows the interviewer to record questions in video, and allows candidates to reply with video whenever convenient for them. The vendor states users can implement one-way video interviews without losing the personal touch, screen more candidates in less time, and assess the qualities of a…

What is Spark Hire?

Spark Hire Integrations

Spark Hire Technical Details

Nafisha Labiba | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spark Hire is used across the organization who has the relevant authority of recruitment process. It is serving the purpose very effectively against their statement. It enables the organization to expand the candidate pool, strengthen the recruitment process and recruits the best candidate without any biasness. Recorded video allows the hiring manager and other relevant recruitment experts to internally assess the candidates for better retention as well as recruitment practice.
  • Easy to use both for recruiters and candidates
  • Greater candidate profile screening capability
  • Transparency in recruitment
  • Multilayer engagement helps better collaboration in recruitment
  • Central data storage
  • I do no see anything as improvement areas for Spark Hire. It is just serving the stated purpose as expected
Spark Hire is well suited for the growing organization which hiring managers are always on the move. The chance of physically having an interview is less and even candidate sorting & tracking is tough. In this situation, Spark Hire is the best fit. In addition to this, when you need someone very special for a role this application will come to your help. It will ensure the best candidate is recruited as it will go under the multi layer assessment.
Our entire organization, roughly 150 people, uses Spark Hire during our Recruitment season. Our application is open to college seniors who meet specific criteria, from there we have nearly ~1000k applicants to go through. We use Spark Hire as the first round of interviews and have all candidates answer the same questions. Then our team reviews the video answers to rank and find the best candidates! Overall, it has streamlined the recruitment process making the first round of interviews quick and convenient for all parties!
  • The user interface is clear and concise and not distracting. This is a pro because it allows you to focus on the interviewee and what they are saying.
  • It is easy to access interviews, watch, rewatch, etc. The entire process is just so convenient.
  • I don't specifically remember but would love to have a captions feature! Or something about translations to make it more inclusive.
  • The back library to access videos is a bit clunky and disorganized.
It is great for first round interviews, or if you have a ton of candidates that need to be narrowed down quickly. However it is not great further along in the interview process as it lacks that personalized touch and the conversation is one sided. But overall, for the initial beginning stages of an intense recruiting process, it is a great way to learn more about candidates apart from just their resume.
Vicki Floyd | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are an executive search firm, and we like to provide our clients with a short video interview of candidates whom we have identified to move forward in the process. Our clients love seeing and hearing the candidates speaking from their perspective, and since we use the self-directed one-way video product, it does not require personnel on our end to administer the interview.
  • Allows candidates to complete interviews at their convenience.
  • Integrates well with applicant tracking systems.
  • Provides top-notch technical support.
  • We'd like more control over certain functionalities within our APS integration.
  • We'd like more control over what actual communications are sent to our candidates.
  • We would like the ability to set a different expiration date for an interview when using our APS - right now our only choices are 7 days and 14 days.
Spark Hire is particularly well-suited for busy HR departments who may not have the time to personally interview every candidate early in the process. It's additionally very convenient for the candidate, as they can schedule their one-way interview at the time and place of their choosing as long as it is completed by the expiration date. This would not work well for a final interview, as there needs to be more give and take between the hiring manager and the candidate at this stage of the process.
Spark Hire always gets back to us quickly and is usually able to solve any problems with a minimum amount of time needed. This is especially important because we are dealing with deadlines to provide candidate materials to our clients and we don't have a lot of time for someone to troubleshoot a problem.
Michelle Sexton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Spark Hire for a couple of different things. At the moment, we're using it for one-way interviews with candidates. We have candidates complete the one-way interviews if they're lacking in the experience that we typically require, but want to give them a shot to see if they'd be worth interviewing further. Having them complete the one-way interview also shows if they're capable of following through with a task. We also use the self-scheduling feature for scheduling interviews. This has helped us tremendously with cutting down the time it takes to schedule an initial phone interview and eliminating the back and forth with candidates.
  • One-way interviewing to check the quality of a candidate.
  • Self-scheduling feature for interviews.
  • Ability to create different email templates.
  • Ability to customize self-scheduling feature.
  • Integration with other products.
Spark Hire has been amazing for the self-scheduling feature with candidates. We integrated with our Google calendars so candidates are able to view our availability and schedule a phone interview with us. It has helped save so much time and eliminate a lot of the back and forth with candidates. We use the one-way interview feature occasionally to help us screen candidates and it would be great if you're interviewing several candidates in bulk to help cut downtime and narrow down candidates faster.
I have not used the support that much with Spark Hire but it seems that there are a lot of features available for support and different resources that are provided on Spark Hire's website. For the most part, the system is very user-friendly and it's easy to navigate and figure out things on your own.
We use Spark Hire in place of our initial phone screening. We use it across almost all of our positions, but not typically for more senior roles (VP). It is used by our HR/hiring department only, though we might consider using it in our operations process down the road.
  • Ease of use for our team
  • Saves us time in the hiring process
  • Seems expensive to add jobs (levels)
  • Doesn't always work well in Firefox browser
Spark Hire saves us a LOT of time. By not having to complete full screening interviews via phone, we can eliminate candidates more quickly if they are not appropriate for the role. It's very helpful for entry and mid-level positions (hiring). Most candidates say it's fairly easy to use. I like that Spark Hire sends reminders to candidates automatically to complete the interviews. It's a great screening tool if you need tech-savvy candidates, and you can see how well/quickly they use this tool in your hiring process; a screening tool in itself.
Spark Hire has been very responsive when I've had questions or issues using the product. They are helpful in understanding which level/package we should be using and very helpful in assisting us with the JazzHR integration.

July 19, 2017

Spark HIre

Bree Gurin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Two people in our organization use Spark Hire, myself and a colleague. Spark Hire addresses the request by one of my clients for video clips of candidates to be employed for an annual project.
  • Spark Hire allows me to purchase the service just for the time I need it.
  • I don't think the site is particularly user friendly. Since I use it so infrequently, I never remember where things are hidden and I do mean hidden.
  • Secondly, I had a wonderful sales representative the second year I used the service, Jacob Hall, who was always available to help me. Happily for him, he got promoted and this year I found the customer service lacking. If I had a problem, I either had to email your support team or leave a message in the general mail box. I found that very frustrating because I'm extremely busy when I'm staffing this event and I don't have the luxury of the time to take extra steps to resolve a problem.
I only found Spark Hire useful for this specific project. In the course of general recruitment, candidates were very reluctant to participate in making a video recording.