Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- Data collection - the system is robust and we can tailor it to collect the information we need.
- Easily configurable - the system is easy to configure to meet our specific business needs.
- Reporting and data extraction - the system allows for easy access to information that helps inform business decisions.
- Learning curve can be a challenge for some, but by having dedicated support channels to help users find the answers to questions they need, users can adapt to the processes quickly.
- While reporting is a positive, the sheer robustness of the system can be overwhelming for some. Understanding how to extract the exact data they want can be challenging at times.
- The system is huge. There is so much to learn that getting users to focus on the basics first can be a challenge. That said, we'd rather have a system that includes many areas of functionality that we can grow into than feel limited by lack of system potential.
Navision is currently being used by our Finance, Purchasing, Human Resources and Payroll departments within our organization. We are also using the WebApps (formerly known as Altus Employee Portal) as a self-service tool for employees to view payroll information and access pay stubs; to submit purchase requisitions as well as p-card and expense reports. In addition, we also implemented Kwiktag to compliment our work towards a "paperless" environment.
Through our implementation of Navision we have been able to reduce the administrative burdens that we were experiencing as a result of our previous system. In addition, having all modules connected and under one "umbrella" has allowed for more detailed analysis and reporting to be conducted. With the implementation of Kwiktag all documents are tagged in Navision which has eliminated hours of manual filing and searching for files when conducting analysis.
- Altus Dynamics is very customer focused! Altus Alliance is just one example!
- Offers an integrated product which meets the needs of the users!
- Continuously invests in the product to make each release better than the last!
- Building in additional training support for end users as part of an implementation or upgrade.
- Sharing of best practices amongst like minded organizations and creating system and or reporting standardizations where possible.
- It would be great to see a "cashless schools" module as part of the product which integrates into the financial system!
- Integrates finance with payroll. Many solutions still run these as separate functions and this was one of the deciding factors for King's when purchasing Microsoft NAV in 2005.
- Altus has added an employee web app that seamlessly connects the outside 'users' to the information they require.
- HR position management has taken the many details of an employee in this environment and allowed each position to be tracked individually.
- Many of the improvements are being met with each upgrade. Altus Dynamics has an idea portal that customers can add ideas to and vote on other customer ideas. This means that most issues that come up are resolved with each new upgrade.
- Dimension combinations allow us to report on expenses in various ways.
- The support from Altus Dynamics is superb. They truly understand our business processes and help mold the software solution around that.
- The migration to the Altus Dynamics ERP is one of the smoothest deployments of my career.
- Custom development/reports are difficult to do on our own, however Altus Dynamics is open to assisting with that.
- Ease of use
- Great customer service
- It is easy to gather information for reports.
- It is fast to find information that is needed.
- It has diminished manual entry for payroll.
- The scheduling module is missing a few key parts that would enhance our employee's use of the system.
- Payroll is not yet stable and there is difficulty posting payroll.
- Some of the pay controls do not work to the ability that we would like them to.
- Organization of data from an accounting perspective. It is logical and easy to use.
- Linking of data between modules - accounting and purchasing. Very easy to get the whole story when looking up a vendor.
- Reporting - the canned reports do not meet our needs.
- Budgeting module - needs improvement and updating.
- Data is easily exported to Excel which allows for easy manipulation and reporting options.
- There are many filtering options to provide specific data.
- Some functionality is difficult to find within the program.
- When there are data issues/errors, the program doesn't tell you what the error/issue is. You need to go through everything to find it.
Sparkrock Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Sparkrock’s cloud-enabled solution helps organizations manage their finance and accounting, human resources and payroll, human services case management, and donor and fundraising activities.
According to the vendor, key benefits and features include:
- Finance Management helps you control your finances the way you want to. Our solution offers rich and flexible capabilities to help your organization increase transparency and reduce risk.
- Workforce Management helps your front-line employees deliver services to your clients. Our tools help them to be more productive on the go and help you manage them more effectively.
- Case Management helps your organization get the critical information you need to ensure the highest quality of care and program delivery.
- Donor Management provides you with a complete view of all donor activities, helps you build relationships with donors, and improves fundraising effectiveness.
Sparkrock says it partners with Microsoft Dynamics to build a solution with vertical-specific functionality based on over a decade’s worth of experience working in the nonprofit sector. Additionally, the vendor says this means users get a solution that has cutting-edge technology and unique capabilities that are meaningful to them and their organization.
Sparkrock Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||90%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Sparkrock Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Sparkrock Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Canada, United States|
|Supported Languages:||English, French|