Spiceworks Help Desk Review

April 26, 2021
Spiceworks Help Desk is used to manage our entire IT helpdesk operation. Users across the entire company access it to submit helpdesk …

Great Free Help Desk

April 26, 2021
We use Spiceworks Help Desk for internal tickets. Most of our users submit support requests through email and Spiceworks picks them up and …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Customer Support 2021

Ticket response (50)

Ticket creation and submission (51)

External knowledge base (45)

Organize and prioritize service tickets (51)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Spiceworks Help Desk, and make your voice heard!

12 people want pricing too

What is Lansweeper?

Lansweeper - Network Discovery and IT Asset Management Software Lansweeper is an IT asset management solution that provides network discovery of all connected users, devices, and software within the IT estate. Lansweeper's advanced device recognition capabilities allow for complete visibility…

What is Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk)?

Jira Service Management (formerly Jira Service Desk, now including features from the former Mindville Insight, acquired by Atlassian in June 2020) is a service desk software that is purpose-built for IT, service, and support teams. The software provides everything IT and support teams need out-of…

Incident and problem management

Self Help Community

Multi-Channel Help

What is Spiceworks Help Desk?

Spiceworks was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas, also with a European headquarters in London (since 2012), and was backed by multiple investors, notably Goldman Sachs. In 2019 Spiceworks was acquired by Ziff Davis, a division of J2 Global. It is now a J2 Global company, operating under the name Spiceworks Ziff Davis.

Spiceworks Help Desk Video

Spiceworks Help Desk Overview

Spiceworks Help Desk Competitors

Spiceworks Help Desk Technical Details

Compare with

What is Spiceworks Help Desk?

Spiceworks offers a set of free tools for IT network management and help desk support ticketing. The inventory management system essentially provides comprehensive device information for asset management. The Spiceworks Network Monitor provides information on observed IT for problem tracking and server performance monitoring. And finally, the Spiceworks Help Desk Software lets IT personnel stay on top of issues across the network with a ticketing system. Help desk roles with role-based permissions and notifications allow tasks to be allocated across team members. If the user wishes to host Spiceworks apps and tools locally, then they are free. For cloud-based service, Spiceworks bills $12 per IT user per month, or $10 monthly per user if paid annually. Spiceworks was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas, also with a European headquarters in London (since 2012), and is generously backed by multiple investors, most notably Goldman Sachs.

What is Spiceworks Help Desk's best feature?

Reviewers rate Ticket creation and submission and Ticket response highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses Spiceworks Help Desk?

The most common users of Spiceworks Help Desk are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Joe Foran | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using it for five years. I myself have used it for sixteen years (since 1.0), and I find it to be the ideal helpdesk in terms of simplicity and directness of the work entered versus the reports and data that you can extract. It is easy for the end-users to email or use[s] the web interface, and my techs are able to quickly assess, prioritize, and take action based on the simple interfaces. The knowledge base lets our staff self-solve their most common issues, and the integration with rules allows us to provide self-service recommendations based on keywords that a user may type (such as the world password, the word forgot, or the word log-in triggering account reset article access).+
Spiceworks is a free tool, so there would be no hesitation if we are required to upgrade it. We have installed Spiceworks on a dedicated server with more than enough resources to get the most from this tool, so we will have this running in our department for years to come.
Mitch Tuckness | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am happy with the product. It meets all the features I need and it even has additional ones I don't. For the support you get from the forums and for the cost (free) I don't think you can beat the system and the advertising is not as intrusive as I thought it would be and that was my main issue when I first installed it. I thought that because it is free it would be filled with ads and basically work as adware.
Duke Pustay | TrustRadius Reviewer
As previously stated, you can't beat free. Especially when a product works this good. We have never had an issue with it going down. There is also a strong community of Spiceworks fanatics who are always willing to help! Also had mobile apps to maintain your business on the go. No complaints, would recommend to any friend or business!
A.J. Stringham | TrustRadius Reviewer
Chances are I won't be starting my own company and chances are that any future employer doesn't have Spiceworks as its helpdesk. I wouldn't go against using it. If I walked in as the new IT guy somewhere and they had nothing, I'd get it setup without a second thought. But for a helpdesk solution, there are much better options.
Tim Catania | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiceworks does what I have not seen any other system do. It consolidates many excellent features into one dashboard. We no longer have to mange 4 or 5 different services. Our Spiceworks install has us covered both from computer management as well as from a help desk ticketing system standpoint. I'd give it a 10 because it meets our needs and it has surpassed our expectations.
Nikki Blake | TrustRadius Reviewer
With each upgrade of Spiceworks, I enjoy working with it that much more. As I continue to browse and/or participate in the Spiceworks community forums, I learn that much more about how to approach difficult or tricky problems and to do a better job for my users in general. I look forward to using the program for a long time.
Chris Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
There is no contract to renew, since it's free. Spiceworks has helped me so much that I couldn't imagine trying to replace it with a different product. I'd have a hard time finding a single product that does everything that Spiceworks does, let alone one that does it as well as Spiceworks and for free.
Bojan Stojanovski | TrustRadius Reviewer
I would love to use it again, but currently I am working in a private company where usage of such application is not necessarily needed since it's a small company. But if we grow up and our LAN expands I definitely recommend using Spiceworks and enhance our LAN management to the next level.
Lauren Fitzpatrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
Because it makes my job easy! It gives me all the resources I need to be effective at what I do and also be able to assist others with their IT needs at the same time. Even if I end up at a big business someday, I will still remain an active Spiceworks community member!