Reviews (1-20 of 20)
- Idea Submission: This is the bread and butter, and it's fairly easy to customize a template for idea input to make it work for your organization.
- Idea Progression: There is a lot of criteria on which you can trigger the progress for an idea, and it's very easy to configure.
- User Reputations: Weighting the value of each user's input based on the past perceived value of his/her input works well and is pretty useful, both in the core functionality (submitting and evaluating ideas) but also in helping us identify power users.
- Responsiveness to Customer Needs: We've definitely seen features added that we specifically requested. They use their own tool within their user community to help them identify and prioritize product improvements.
- Events and Conventions: The Spigit user events (the Ignite summit in particular) have always been high quality and a great help to energize and inspire their community managers and customers.
- Detailed Idea Evaluation: It's difficult to do things like expert reviews or specific topical reviews, or to rate ideas by multiple criteria. The built-in visualizations for comparing ideas against each other don't make use of the granularity available in the data, and are mostly useless.
- Custom Reports: In six years, they're now on their third platform for custom reports. This is important, because their built-in reporting and leaderboards don't track the kind of metrics we want to track. The first reporting system was a complex scripting language that was powerful, but still limited in some respects, and required paid custom work by Spigit employees if you needed high-powered reports that required extensive knowledge of their internal database schema! And still, it had limitations. The second reporting system was a sort of cross-tab dashboard tool that never worked the way I thought it would, and couldn't show the things I wanted anyway. The new tool seems to be a much-improved dashboard-style tool, but it has a bit of a learning curve that we haven't taken the time to climb yet.
- Site Design and Customization: If you don't pay them for custom work, and you don't like the default pages, you're in for a lot of frustration and helplessness, as their widget system features hundreds of obscurely-named widgets with unhelpful documentation pages.
- Page-Level Analytics: We have a private site for confidentiality reasons, and we have no idea about how our customers use the site to be able to improve their experience or identify what's working. The platform has no built-in page analytics tools like Omniture, Google Analytics, etc. And we can't use them on a private site because there's no way to get past password protection.
- I have used the solution to access very large crowds, especially for filtering and selection. Their Pairwise (A-B voting on ideas) generated ~100,000 votes in less than 1 week for one specific event.
- I have used the solution to engage crowds over ~100K users and less than 10. In each case, the user experience can be tailored to meet specific objectives for the sponsor or it can be deployed in the exact same way repeatedly.
- There are many ways to configure the solution. Some features make more sense to use at times and should be hidden from users at other times. It would be nice if Spigit had pre-defined configuration templates that reflect the experience and knowledge of their current customer's experience using the software and not just a 1 size fits all base configuration. The good news is with a little experience, these configurations can be created as saved templates.
- Engage employees in challenges to better understand their company: mission, objectives, priorities, and structures.
- Start an "open" approach to improvement and innovation: a cultural trigger.
- Gather, improve and evaluate ideas: clear path from proposal to project when good sponsorship is in place.
- Versioning of ideas.
- "Building block" comments, highlighted and embedded in the original idea by moderators and authors.
- Italian version.
- Can be improved in the implementation funnel of ideas.
- Interfacing with other platforms e.g. management platforms, gamification platforms, LMS platforms.
- Poor gamification.
- On-site training: Spigit provided hands on training very well. I left my level 1 training feeling equipped to make changes and use my instance.
- Kick off - spigit creates a great team that allows a company to initiate the use of their system. They assigned staff to our organization making it easy to communicate with the same person and create that trust needed to share the internal desires of the use of the system.
- Follow up - main sales contact follows up with us yearly if not more often to make sure all is still going well. We can address areas of concern with them and they direct us to the appropriate person to handle that concern.
- The platform - it is not intuitive. Would like to see it more user-friendly. i.e. creating the store and adjusting the points was very difficult. Platform terminology created a break in ability to delegate implementation. manipulating the look of the challenge should be made easier. Right now we are limited to the options, unless the user is very good with computer terminology.
- Help desk questions - response to tickets takes too long. Generally when a question is posted the user is looking for an immediate response.
- Kick off team - it would have been very useful to have a team that was familiar with our industry. There were differences in terminology that created a break in communication at times.
- Mentors - I would have liked to have been linked up with an organization similar to mine who has been using the system. I tried creating this link at the 2015 conference, but the user did not respond. If this was preset by spigit, it might make this step easier for the newbie.
Spigit is being used throughout Ingeus UK operations and is across multiple contracts. The platform is used to generate ideas from staff members to support the business to improve in a numbers of ways such as: ways of working, technologies, and customer service. Ingeus has roughly 100 offices, and so the platform also provides staff from across the company to network and engage with each other; this can be a productive way to share best practise.
Spigit has also been used as a way for management to communicate with staff and involve them in business decisions (through using challenges). Challenges have also been used to gather staff opinion and ideas - for example on new contracts.
- Idea Graduation - Lots of customisable features make it possible to manage lots and lots of ideas at the same time (through graduation thresholds).
- Gamification Settings - Staff enjoy the point scoring system which encourages engagement. These points gained through contributing on the site can be exchanged for prizes in a special store!
- Customisable interface - The site can be customised to meet your company's branding and specification. It can work alongside any other systems you have in place.
- Idea Implementation - Once an idea has been accepted on the system, I believe more could be done to support users to manage the implementation process and also to ensure staff are kept up-to-date with progress.
- Site Editor/ Widgets - The widgets area could be made easier to use and edit and also to navigate. it is quite a dated aspect of the Administration Settings!
I believe It is well suited to managing a large number of ideas coming through from users and ensuring that the best are taken forward (a funneling method is used).
The site is not well equipped for managing the implementation/progressing of ideas once selected.
- It eliminates the need to have a team to evaluate and filter ideas.. make use of the crowd sourcing.
- Enhances the collaboration of teams.
- Social and business meet in these discussions that spigit creates.
- The pairwise should have an indication of which idea was posted first. Some ideas are repeated and we can't tell who came up with it first.
- Spigit is very good at walking you through the initial process, giving you their professional advice as the expert in this field while still letting the tool work the way you want - what's best for your organization's individual needs.
- Spigit provides a lot of flexibility around how to use the tool, whether you're launching to every person in your company or whether you're focusing the tool in one particular area, such as new product ideas, process improvement ideas, etc.
- The guided launch process is very structured and we had some intnerla issues preventing us from following it exactly. There was some trouble getting this worked out, however, in the end, the Spigit team helped brainstorm ways to accomplish both our goals and conserve their team's time and resources.
- It's easy to understand and participate.
- It's easy to configure a challenge.
- The features to engage the people as auctions and store.
- The features where the crowd play an help to select the best ideas as votes, comments, pair wise, predictions.
- Insights should be able to be generated by the administrator of each community.
- When you change the parameters of evaluation, the ideas should be able to automatically change the stage.
- Spigit mobile app should be able to be generated for the users that belong to a community only.
Planview Spigit Review: "Spigit is, first and foremost, a tool for making the innovation process more powerful."
- Spigit adapts to the innovation models defined by organizations and can complement and strengthen it.
- Spigit is fully customizable according to corporate identity manual.
- Spigit provides additional tools that complement and support the selection of best ideas for making decisions.
- Integration with other applications, for example Single Sign On (Currently is very complicated and costly).
- Project Server, most of the times, the companies want to continue the process with the idea like a project.
- The Spigit tool is very easy to monitor and administrate from the back end.
- The Spigit tool is great in that your company can personalize it and make it your own!
- Spigit support never leaves you to solve a problem yourself, they are very helpful with training, follow-up and extremely timely on all responses.
- Spigit is very user friendly and those using it have been excited by this.
- More reports to be generated by the administrator.
- Ease of use when it comes to adding users.
- Tool is easy to use and engaging.
- Support staff is attentive and knowledgeable.
- Tool is easy to modify and reporting is outstanding.
- Analytics and graphs are real time.
- List of field descriptions for reporting
- Mobile app appearance
Planview Spigit Review: "Excellent tool for innovation campaign, very professional support to launch efficient campaign"
- Global access
- Knowledge retention
- Collaboration across time zones and org structure
- Community creation could be easier, less programming and more plug/play
- Include more language options
- Ability to change actions (easier to reopen a phase)
- Acknowledges and supports the culture around the problem and market it is trying to serve. Just using the platform won't solve our problem, we need a cultural shift and Spigit has helped support that process.
- Customer service - just overall amazing service. Responses are very quickly turned around, they've gone the extra mile many, many times. They are also very open to platform improvements and take feedback very seriously.
- As the system administrator, I feel their platform incorporates a great balance of templates, out-of-the-box formatting, etc., and customizable content. In a nutshell, we are able to do what we want but we don't have to spend forever to do it. We can use what they have or we can add in our own design.
- There are some aspects of setting up a new challenge that are cumbersome and/or difficult to locate. For example, the menu to modify one option is hidden in a separate area of the platform.
- The platform does take some getting used to. I think it takes people a few days to figure out how to successfully navigate. This was more of an issue at first but they have been steadily making improvements.
Planview Spigit Review: "Strong platform supporting an ideation program that yields success wherever it is deployed"
- Thought leadership: continually enhancing the platform with new features, many gleaned from customer feedback.
- Modular approach: customizable stage gates available for selecting ideas with many options for evaluating/ranking them.
- Services: Strong services team to help launch your program and support whenever needed.
- Reporting: while we can run basic reports automatically and make custom requests, a more robust reporting platform would be great.
- Mobile: better experience for mobile users (though I think this is just being launched).
- Spigit is extrememly simple to use - it has a very intuitive UI for users involved in a challenge.
- Spigit provides clear visibility ideas that are in the pipeline, and which ideas have progressed through various stages.
- Spigit provides a very flexible tool for the creation of new challenges.
- We would like to see more robust reporting functionality, ideally integrated within the tool as opposed to passing through to a separate platform.
- Gathering ideas
- Filtering ideas
- Selecting a winner
- Some of the graduating criteria were not well defined, or caused confusion. Example - Vote count and approval rating.
- Some of the new functionality came in the form of paid modules, not cool.
- The sales rep didn´t care about the relationship.
- Capture and categorise ideas
- Allows peer review of ideas
- Promotes collaboration by capturing enriched comments
- If there are a lot of ideas it can be overwhelming for users to know where to start with reviews
- Mobile support has only just been rolled out so would like to test this further
Works less well where just looking for general improvement.
Planview Spigit Scorecard Summary
About Planview Spigit
Spigit is a software for crowdsourced innovation, and is used by companies in systems integration, financial services, insurance, pharmaceutical, healthcare, technology, and more. Spigit’s customers include IBM, Capgemini, Citibank, and Pfizer. The vendor says 4.5M users from 150+ countries have generated over $1B in increased revenue from their enterprise innovation programs. The vendor says Spigit was founded to help companies unleash the power of their employees, partners, and customers to drive innovation.
Spigit is headquartered in San Francisco with offices throughout the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, and Australia.
Planview Spigit Screenshots
Planview Spigit Integrations
Planview Spigit Competitors
Our pricing is unique, and designed to fit your specific needs. For pricing inquiries, please contact us at: https://www.spigit.com/contact-us/ Spigit is here for our customers’ success. Our standard offering includes site configuration and implementation support, free of additional charge. We also offer a full senior strategy advisor team.
Planview Spigit Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||100%|
Planview Spigit Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|In Platform Communication Tools|
Planview Spigit Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web, Yes, browser based, same robust security, requires no app download|
|Supported Languages:||11 languages out of the box including: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, and Japanese. LDK for custom languages and custom localization is also available.|