Splunk is being using to track the status of electric utility smart meters which record customer energy usage. Smart meters send power …
Splunk Enterprise is the basis for our log correlation and analysis. We're using it primarily for IT Security, and occasionally to assist …
Splunk Enterprise is used by our Infrastructure and Enterprise Monitoring Team and Security Teams to monitor our infrastructure. …
We use this across our different departments for security, app performance monitoring, host monitoring, data intelligence, correlation, …
Splunk Enterprise is being used by mostly IT Department. [It's] being used to monitor security monitoring purpose[s] along with …
Splunk is our one stop shop for all log data. We send logs from everything from servers, routers, firewalls, switches, sans and …
Splunk Enterprise is used across the whole department in our organization for Security information and event management. It improves our …
Currently our bank has different departments with their own Splunk infrastructure. We are currently building a larger infrastructure to …
Splunk was initially purchased to be our replacement for our syslog server, but it has grown into much much more and this is because of …
We're using Splunk Enterprise to assist us with IT Operations and IT Security. We came to look at Splunk because when I entered the …
Splunk Enterprise has been used by our Cybersecurity Department for almost five years to be the single dashboard for our Security Incident …
Splunk Enterprise is used as a repository for all our server and network infrastructure logs. This allows us to go to one place to review …
Splunk Light is being used by our Operational and Maintenance team for transaction logging and event monitoring. It was the right solution …
We use Splunk to integrate all the logs for each of the applications. Building dashboards and alerts base on the logs by the Application …
Splunk is utilized for creation of dashboards and log queries across many areas.
Custom dashboards and workspaces (100)
Event and log normalization/management (98)
Centralized event and log data collection (50)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Splunk Enterprise, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
11 people want pricing too
Splunk Enterprise enables users to find out what is happening in a business and take meaningful action. It automates the collection, indexing and alerting of machine data that's critical to operations, so that users can uncover the actionable insights from data — no matter the source or format. Leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning for predictive and proactive business decisions.
Splunk is software for searching, monitoring, and analyzing machine-generated big data, via a web-style interface. It captures, indexes and correlates real-time data in a searchable repository from which it can generate graphs, reports, alerts, dashboards and visualizations.
SolarWinds Loggly, Sematext Infrastructure Monitoring (formerly Sematext SPM), and LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform are common alternatives for Splunk Enterprise.
Reviewers rate Correlation and Custom dashboards and workspaces highest, with a score of 9.8.
The most common users of Splunk Enterprise are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Improve safety
- Improve reliability
- Splunk helps us to be aware of security events before they become issues
- Splunk helps us diagnose operational issues
- Improved MTTR for all our incidents.
- Reduced alert noise with powerful correlation engine.
- Performance Analytics dashboards.
- Like any tool, if you use it, it does need care and feeding. If you change your log structure or location, update it in Splunk or you'll have missing info.
- Don't use it as a reactionary tool, it should be the first tool you go to.
- We use another product for monitoring, but the data is not helpful in their product. We started bringing that data into Splunk and it's actually useful to us now.
- Helped to detect fraudulent activities
- Centralized repository for all kind of data
- Reduced time search across different systems for logs.
- Increased efficiency from having all teams using the same system.
- Regulatory complaisance.
- Has made the security team's job much easier.
- Can generate good and neat reports.
- Forecast on issues based from log collection and analyzing.
- Better security posture.
- Single pane of glass monitoring.
- Ability to alert on security events or errors.
- Ability to proactively deal with security threats before they become a problem.
- Able to identify everything affected right away when a problem occurs.
- Able to drill into problems, including historic problems, and work out the root causes.
- No negative impacts.
- The total cost is expensive compared to the upfront benefit that my organization experienced, probably due to the lack of our technical team knowledge.
- Great for the smaller teams as one individual can easily find issues across multiple systems from one location.
- The amount of time and manpower saved may not be enough to make up for the overall cost of Splunk Enterprise.
- Less time required trying to locate specific issues from logs.
- The procurement process was easier because the low cost of the license was easier to justify.
- Helps a lot on 'Slicing and Dicing' logs data to retrieve insight promptly.
- Improvement to the MTTR of our organization.
- Allows users to analyze business data to improve the services.
- Decrease of MTTR in the course of operational activity
- Decrease of time spent finding pertinent log data
- Greater visibility and translation of metrics in many areas
- So far we are happy with this tool's features.
- Ease of collecting IP for blacklisting.
- Generation of metrics against compromised accounts based on location and time of the year. It helped in launching phishing education campaign before hitting the most vulnerable month of the year.
- It helped in neutralizing vulnerable word-press sites across the campus, leading to the decrease of account compromise.
- It helps to determine issues that affect multiple customers.
- It helps to catch bugs more quickly.
- Able to analyze data more effectively.
- Capture data and threats more efficiently.
- By using data models, it makes the Splunk system easy to learn.
- Splunk Light allowed us to get started in the SIEM world. It allowed us to get a feel for what features we need and don't need.
- Splunk Light made diagnosing the root cause of errors easier, as it was simple to correlate logs from multiple sources.
- Splunk has helped our operations personnel to identify issues quickly and helped lead to quicker resolutions of those issues.
- Splunk has provided a simple mechanism for aggregating log data and providing reports where necessary.
- Splunk log analysis helped us understand backend error much better than ever and improved number of errors/ week significantly after resolving those.
- Charting vendor calls/service helped us understanding default looping/logic which in turn reduce vendor calls and vendor bill/call.
- Splunk alerting on system resources helped us take necessary actions to tackle the traffic under heavy load condition without impacting user experience.
- There are a lot of positive impacts that Splunk had made, we have real-time exception alerting which is very useful
- We have report generation out of the logs which again helped us in many ways.
- The only negative thing I can say is that it requires good learning and that takes a long time
- Splunk has decreased the amount of time we spend looking for things to fix in other places.
- so far no negative effects