Reviews (1-2 of 2)
Splunk ITS Service Intelligence is used to consolidate alerts from various IT tools. Along with other logs and performance data, it is used by infrastructure operations, application developers, DevOps and other stakeholders to quickly see service health of applications and the IT infrastructure components. It helps eliminate data silos and having to reach out to individual teams managing point solutions.
- Show KPIs for each service.
- Show aggregated health scores.
- Increase transparency across large disparate organizations.
- Multiple ways to ingest the same data can be confusing (events vs. metrics).
- Glass tables can be a conflicting priority against normal Splunk dashboards.
- Proper setup for alerting requires content packs that could be included with the product directly.
- A separate license for ITSI on top of Splunk may make purchasing decisions difficult to justify.
Read Mike McGrail's full review
Some teams get excited when looking at ITSI service models and envision modeling the entire infrastructure. What gets lost in translation is breaking it down to services, and also ITSI is not a replacement for an APM solution. So using a proper APM solution to drive quick insights into specific transactions, then feeding that data to Splunk/ITSI is a better bet.
February 23, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
We tried to use Splunk IT Service Intelligence to create a single pane of glass to monitor the health of our Splunk infrastructure. It works well and displays us the end to end view of our Splunk IT Service Intelligence infrastructure. It had been used within our team only today; however, it is a plan to demonstrate this to another team.
Read ShuYun Du's full review
Splunk IT Service Intelligence is a good solution when you have to correlate multiple sources of events together and generate a single pane of glass. Users can observe directly from the dashboard if there were anything went wrong, and then easily drill down to the issue. However, Splunk IT Service Intelligence can be useless if you do not care about the "noise" that you are excluding from the analysis. You can easily miss something important.
Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) Scorecard Summary
About Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI)
Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) Integrations
Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|