Square Appointments Reviews

April 09, 2020
Our company didn't have a constant need for scheduling until we suddenly did. We needed to schedule 250-300 attorneys to come to our studio for professional portraits within a month's time for a project with the Bar Association. We used Square Appointments to contact and schedule the appointments (each about 15 minutes), and with a few exceptions, it worked well from our side and the attorneys' side.
  • Square had good interoperability with Google Calendar, so all of our calendars were in sync.
  • Square Appointments we easy to use for clients, and with a few Luddite exceptions, worked flawlessly.
  • Square Appointments made it easy to schedule appointments without having multiple email messages or play phone tag with anyone.
  • Some clients using older browsers and operating systems were unable to use Square Appointments.
If you have a client or customer base that requires appointments rather than walk-ins, Square Appointments is great. I can see this as useful for job interviewers, photographers, high-end hair salons, spas, masseuses, doctors' offices, dentists, and more. I actually would LOVE to see my doctor's office use Square Appointments to avoid the needless hold times and (hopefully) wait times on arrival.
The only support I used was the tutorials. They were good and I didn't need to contact a person for support. I learned everything I needed to from the tutorials, and when I ran into problems, I was able to find answers from what was provided.
April 07, 2020
We use Square Appointments as our boat rental reservation system. We are able to set up each boat as a different “staff member,” and set the cruise type and duration. Customers are able to see real-time availability for each of our boats and choose between them and their day and time.
  • Customer support
  • User interface
  • Analytics
  • Additional functionality: real-time availability calendar to customers
  • Not redirect away from our site to Square
  • Additional functionality: Ability for customers to add up sales when checking out
Square Appointments is great for booking boat rentals that have variable times. Square Appointments works for all of our needs.
They are great. With the customer code you receive it gets you through the phone tree and taking to someone quickly and they have always been able to solve our issue over the phone or submit a ticket and get back to us.
January 23, 2020
Renea Hanks | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Square Appointments off and on for two years but consistently this past year.
The specific problems it addresses for my company is:
  • Organized scheduling that coordinates well with my entire business
  • One-stop for appointments, invoicing and payments
  • Have also been able to incorporate a simple site with products
  • It is free.
  • It is extremely easy to understand and use.
  • The interface for the site is very boring.
  • Need more template choices for sites.
  • The only reason I did not give them a 10 is not everyone will want them also to be their processor. Sometimes people have there certainly preference.
  • Square Appointments is an almost perfect fit for startups, definitely, and the Solopreneur and small businesses. They have all the things you need to succeed. Appointments are literally in the dashboard, so you don't have to go into another part of Square completely separate.
  • Square Appointments would not work or be necessary for any company that does not need to schedule clients or customers.
  • Square Appointment is excellent at support! I have had several calls with them, and not one time have they dropped the ball, leaving me frustrated without a solution — not one time.
  • The community forum in Square Appointment can answer most of the questions, but if I have had real issues, I am always able to talk to a person. That is very valuable to me as a customer.
Read Renea Hanks's full review

Square Appointments Scorecard Summary

What is Square Appointments?

Square headquartered in San Francisco, California offers Square Appointments, appointment scheduling software. The software is based on technology acquired with BookFresh in February 2014.

Square Appointments Technical Details