Booking made easy.

June 01, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Square Appointments, and make your voice heard!

What is Square Appointments?

Square headquartered in San Francisco, California offers Square Appointments, appointment scheduling software. The software is based on technology acquired with BookFresh in February 2014.

3 people want pricing too

What is Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company?

Acuity Scheduling is an appointment management platform developed by the company of the same name in New York and acquired by Squarespace in 2019.

What is Zoho Bookings?

Zoho Bookings is a calendar syncing and appointment booking app for consultants, firms, and small business.

What is Square Appointments?

Square Appointments Technical Details

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of Square Appointments are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Our business is in the service industry. We needed a scheduling system that was flexible and simple for our clients to quickly book. A platform that is simple, yet clean and modern. We also needed something that sends out reminders and confirmations to our clients, and bonus points for additional features such as keeping records, deposits, and handling merchant processing.
  • Simple
  • User Friendly
  • Affordable
  • Easy to set up
  • Logging in over and over
  • The widget doesn't look great
  • Functionality could be better
We needed an elegant yet simple scheduling system for our business. More importantly, we were hoping for an all in one system, which would offer merchant transactions, sync to Google Calendar, and send out reminders and confirmations. Square Appointments is well suited for our needs and offers more than that. On the plus side it looks really clean and elegant.
With Square Appointments I am able to schedule wedding events and meetings a lot more efficiently and more organized. Our company was part of the Square ecosystem and so it was very convenient.
  • The interface is incredibly user friendly.
  • Training on the platform is minimal and self-explanatory.
  • The final product looks visually appealing and modern.
  • Different apps for different services - would be more convenient if it was all in one.
  • The character limit on the service list.
  • The ability to send the appointments to other apps would be nice.
My clients are regularly able to schedule me in for meetings as opposed to me always having to coordinate the meeting and book it. They can see my availability and schedule around it. This allows me to have consultations with many more clients which results in better retention.
I use this software to book and manage appointments with clients and colleagues. This software is assisting me with calendar management, coordination, and scheduling a variety of meetings and tasks that I encounter on a daily basis. I use this tool for all meeting and appointment scheduling with my clients.
  • Very simple to use once set up
  • Seamless integration
  • Coordination
  • Glitchy. Frequent crashes where data is lost
  • Not a ton of customized features within an appointment
  • Takes a while to set up
Great for booking and managing appointments. This software is very user-friendly due to its simplicity. The interface is intuitive and easy to use for all ages. The only time this software may not be appropriate might be with someone who is managing their calendar manually and not using a software solution at all.
June 01, 2022

Booking made easy.

I use Square Appointments to keep track of my appointments and make sure I do not lapse between emails. Also going to use the start-up of fundraisers. The problem it address was there used to be too many bookings on one day. Now bookings are safe and secure with the proper amount of time.
  • Meetings
  • Fundraising
  • Pricing
  • More filters
  • Filters to important bookings.
  • Filters to important alerts.
Square Appointments have been used when booking conference rooms for meetings. Square Appointment made it easy to create the booking rooms with times. Easily access to book for a person and gives notification.
Helps to manage appointments and other tasks seamlessly, with little to no effort. Keeps track of more than just appointments and helps you manage client base, inventory and more. Integrates well with some other 3rd party applications and works well with Squares payments. Excellent calendar integration with google and helps automate tasks and schedules/appointments with clients and colleagues very well.
  • Scheduling
  • Calendar automation
  • Client appointment handling
  • Customisation in the app is lacking
  • Better customer support when things go wrong
  • Connection to payments not very clear
Looking to automate and have something handle appointments with ease, then square appointments will suit you well. It brings various schedules, tasks and calendar appointments into one place and helps you keep on top of things. Can bring to your attention up and coming appointments, scheduling and meetings with out the need for checking through calendars and to do lists.
Our company didn't have a constant need for scheduling until we suddenly did. We needed to schedule 250-300 attorneys to come to our studio for professional portraits within a month's time for a project with the Bar Association. We used Square Appointments to contact and schedule the appointments (each about 15 minutes), and with a few exceptions, it worked well from our side and the attorneys' side.
  • Square had good interoperability with Google Calendar, so all of our calendars were in sync.
  • Square Appointments we easy to use for clients, and with a few Luddite exceptions, worked flawlessly.
  • Square Appointments made it easy to schedule appointments without having multiple email messages or play phone tag with anyone.
  • Some clients using older browsers and operating systems were unable to use Square Appointments.
If you have a client or customer base that requires appointments rather than walk-ins, Square Appointments is great. I can see this as useful for job interviewers, photographers, high-end hair salons, spas, masseuses, doctors' offices, dentists, and more. I actually would LOVE to see my doctor's office use Square Appointments to avoid the needless hold times and (hopefully) wait times on arrival.
The only support I used was the tutorials. They were good and I didn't need to contact a person for support. I learned everything I needed to from the tutorials, and when I ran into problems, I was able to find answers from what was provided.
We use Square Appointments as our boat rental reservation system. We are able to set up each boat as a different “staff member,” and set the cruise type and duration. Customers are able to see real-time availability for each of our boats and choose between them and their day and time.
  • Customer support
  • User interface
  • Analytics
  • Additional functionality: real-time availability calendar to customers
  • Not redirect away from our site to Square
  • Additional functionality: Ability for customers to add up sales when checking out
Square Appointments is great for booking boat rentals that have variable times. Square Appointments works for all of our needs.
They are great. With the customer code you receive it gets you through the phone tree and taking to someone quickly and they have always been able to solve our issue over the phone or submit a ticket and get back to us.
Renea Hanks | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Square Appointments off and on for two years but consistently this past year.
The specific problems it addresses for my company is:
  • Organized scheduling that coordinates well with my entire business
  • One-stop for appointments, invoicing and payments
  • Have also been able to incorporate a simple site with products
  • It is free.
  • It is extremely easy to understand and use.
  • The interface for the site is very boring.
  • Need more template choices for sites.
  • The only reason I did not give them a 10 is not everyone will want them also to be their processor. Sometimes people have there certainly preference.
  • Square Appointments is an almost perfect fit for startups, definitely, and the Solopreneur and small businesses. They have all the things you need to succeed. Appointments are literally in the dashboard, so you don't have to go into another part of Square completely separate.
  • Square Appointments would not work or be necessary for any company that does not need to schedule clients or customers.
  • Square Appointment is excellent at support! I have had several calls with them, and not one time have they dropped the ball, leaving me frustrated without a solution — not one time.
  • The community forum in Square Appointment can answer most of the questions, but if I have had real issues, I am always able to talk to a person. That is very valuable to me as a customer.