Square Invoices is a software invoicing solution from Square headquartered in San Francisco, California.Square Invoices Makes Collecting Payments EffortlessI utilize Square Invoices personally to bill for my political consulting work and expenditure reimbursements from clients. It is a simple and easy way to collect payments while providing documentation for my clients for campaign reporting to the Missouri Ethics Commission and the Federal Elections Commission.,Adding a customer to invoice is super simple and takes minimal effort. Payment collection is easy and seamless because Square Invoices allows the recipient to pay using credit/cards. One of the fest features is allowing invoices to be recurring. If my contract stipulates a flat fee monthly, I can set the invoices to recur monthly for the duration of the contract.,The mobile app is only able to be used for stripe transactions. It would be nice to be able to access my outstanding invoices and other information using the mobile app.,10,The fee for invoicing is extremely reasonable for how easy it is. At 2.75% per transaction, it's well worth it. I like that invoices can be printed and mailed or sent via email for easy online payment. I have a 100% collection rate on my invoices, and they are often paid within 24-48 hours of being sent, which saves me the time of chasing down checks, which can be especially cumbersome when I have multiple clients.,PayPal Payments,Square POS, PayPal HereSquare Invoices - Simple, Easy-to-use Invoicing and Payment Processing for Small BusinessesSquare Invoices is an excellent solution for sending invoices to be paid for small businesses. I've used it for my own business and recommended it for clients and their small businesses. It's easy-to-use and the invoices are professional looking and you get your money quickly and easily. Set up is a breeze and the mobile app is just as easy to use.,Very easy-to-use. Even non-technical users can very easily figure out how to send an invoice. Notifications of payment. You can see if the invoice has been viewed, and you can include attachments to the invoice (such as a contract)! Quick payouts straight to your bank account make life easy. Easy to use mobile app for on the go.,Would like a little more customization for design and layout for branding purposes, but overall it does look great. An option to send invoices via text would be nice as well.,10,The simplicity of creating invoices saves time and makes getting invoices out easy and quick. Money in the bank the next day makes it easy for a small business on a tight budget. (Option for instant transfer for an additional 1% fee is available as well)! Everything in one place makes determining what has come in, what is to come in, and what's late easy and quick.,PayPal PaymentsLove Square InvoicesI use Square Invoices to send out individual invoices to each of our clients, every month. Before this software, I was manually making PDF invoices and had no way to easily and quickly accept payment online from my clients. Now, my time spent on invoicing each month is drastically reduced, and I get payments easier and faster.,Intuitive interface Nice, simply-designed emails to clients Pain-free, fast deposits to our bank account,I wish there was a way to automatically calculate credit card processing fees based on an invoice's amount, and add that to the invoice,10,Square Invoices saves me a lot of time each month by making the invoicing process quick and easy,,Google Analytics, Google DriveSquare Invoices Streamlines your BusinessI use Square Invoices to itemize services and send directly to clients for payment. It's a very simple way to bill clients and receive payments quickly. It also helps with organizing tax documents at the end of the year.,Easy to Read Easy to see overdue invoices and send reminders to pay Sorting invoices by client or date is convenient,If I add in a custom item I've sold or am billing for, I wish it wouldn't automatically add sales tax as many of my sales are service oriented.,10,I love that I can sort my invoices in total, or by a specific time period to see how my sales are doing and comparing to prior time periods.,17 hats and QuickBooks Online,QuickBooks Self-Employed, PayPal PaymentsFlexible and custom credit card invoicingWe have few repeat customers and many of our sales require unique descriptions. Apparently, this was quite unusual because other card processors could only handle these requirements with custom development or by forcing us to create a new item in a shopping cart every time we had a different product description. Square handles this nicely. Their interface has improved in the three years since we started with them and is not full-featured and intuitive.,"Custom" product descriptions and pricing Preview of invoices Good reporting and search capabilities,Could use more flexibility on address book,10,Allowed us to offer credit card purchasing without hiring developers to do custom "shopping carts",Stripe
Square Invoices

Square Invoices Reviews

Square Invoices
Filter 8 vetted Square Invoices reviews and ratings

Fredrick Doss, M.A. profile photo
February 12, 2019

Review: "Square Invoices Makes Collecting Payments Effortless"

• Adding a customer to invoice is super simple and takes minimal effort.
  • Payment collection is easy and seamless because Square Invoices allows the recipient to pay using credit/cards.
  • One of the fest features is allowing invoices to be recurring. If my contract stipulates a flat fee monthly, I can set the invoices to recur monthly for the duration of the contract.
  • The mobile app is only able to be used for stripe transactions. It would be nice to be able to access my outstanding invoices and other information using the mobile app.
I would definitely recommend Square Invoices for small business owners and consultants. One of the hardest things to do as a consultant is to collect payments, often because documentation is needed and not all clients can pay by cash or check. Square Invoices makes it incredibly simple and easy. Additionally, receiving your payment is nearly instant and there is no need to visit the bank for any reason because everything occurs electronically.
Read Fredrick Doss, M.A.'s full review
Jen Garfinkel-Canseco profile photo
January 28, 2019

Review: "Square Invoices - Simple, Easy-to-use Invoicing and Payment Processing for Small Businesses"

• Very easy-to-use. Even non-technical users can very easily figure out how to send an invoice.
  • Notifications of payment. You can see if the invoice has been viewed, and you can include attachments to the invoice (such as a contract)!
  • Quick payouts straight to your bank account make life easy.
  • Easy to use mobile app for on the go.
  • Would like a little more customization for design and layout for branding purposes, but overall it does look great.
  • An option to send invoices via text would be nice as well.
Square Invoices is perfect for any small business that wants a CC processor/merchant account and invoicing all in one. It's simple, easy-to-use, and intuitive. It looks professional and makes your business look professional. The fees may be a bit high for a larger business that takes in larger payments and in that case a merchant account would be a better fit.
Read Jen Garfinkel-Canseco's full review
Ali Croft profile photo
May 18, 2018

User Review: "Love Square Invoices"

• Intuitive interface
  • Nice, simply-designed emails to clients
  • Pain-free, fast deposits to our bank account
  • I wish there was a way to automatically calculate credit card processing fees based on an invoice's amount, and add that to the invoice

I have not had a single issue using Square Invoices to date (after three plus years of use). I am not sure of best-case and worst-case usage scenarios. It might not be great if you need to have highly detailed or itemized invoices.

Read Ali Croft's full review
Jana Long profile photo
March 20, 2018

Review: "Square Invoices Streamlines your Business"

• Easy to Read
  • Easy to see overdue invoices and send reminders to pay
  • Sorting invoices by client or date is convenient
  • If I add in a custom item I've sold or am billing for, I wish it wouldn't automatically add sales tax as many of my sales are service oriented.
I think Square Invoices are great for small or large businesses alike! The feature is well streamlined with the Square app and incredibly easy to use, whether you are a new business owner or not. I run a small home-based business and I find it very intuitive and easy to use. It also looks very professional!
Read Jana Long's full review
March 27, 2018

Square Invoices Review: "Flexible and custom credit card invoicing"

• "Custom" product descriptions and pricing
  • Preview of invoices
  • Good reporting and search capabilities
  • Could use more flexibility on address book
Flexible and custom credit card invoicing.

Square Invoices Scorecard Summary