Square Invoices

Square Invoices Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

September 07, 2020

Good For What it Offers

I run a service-based business, and we use Square Invoices for fixed-rate billing to clients. Some of our services allow clients to add on features, and we do not use Square for those types of contracts. Square receives the payments, sends reminders, automatically transfers the money to our bank account, and tracks sales.
  • Great layout and UI, both on the client end and ours. Clients always mention how easy it is.
  • Easy to replicate prior invoices
  • Auto deposit is quick and we've never had issues with it.
  • It would be great if clients could edit quantity or select add-ons via the the invoice.
  • Because we collect deposits, the sales graphs are weird when tracking when we collected money.
Square Invoices is the best service that I have found for what it does: it's easy to use, nice to look at, and never seems to go to spam or be lost by clients. Clients mention that the setup is easier than services my competitors use. You can even attach your contract to the invoice, which is wonderful in case there are questions later on. Unfortunately, not being able to have clients alter quantities or select add-ons means for half of my services, I have to use a different, inferior service.
The only time I had a problem was a false chargeback from a client. Square Invoices referenced our contract and ruled in my favor, and they did so in a timely manner. I sent them the contract and my email history with the client, and they quickly unfroze the amount of money.
We use Square Invoices regularly to request payment from clients. It is primarily used by our client managers, but also by management when we need to invoice vendors. Square Invoices has become a trusted name in payment processing and helps us streamline payment receipt. It also enables us to have quick access to our funds.
  • Quick access to funds (next business day)
  • Easy to read invoices for clients
  • The reports section is not always the easiest to understand. It seems like I have to stop and think about options instead of it being 100% intuitive.
  • With the fees we pay per transaction, it would be nice to be able to add additional "limited" users for no extra cost.
There is a place for Square Invoices for any small business (or for personal use). There are a lot of ways to customize invoices (with preset items that you sell frequently or with one time items), automatic reminders, options for gratuity, etc. With this in mind, Square Invoices works well for service-based businesses and product-based businesses. With limited CRM capabilities, Square Invoices may need to be a supplemental platform to a more robust CRM program. We use it in this way when we need a more direct invoice to a client or need to run payment outside of our CRM.
We have never had an issue that needed to escalate to their customer service department. I feel like that speaks to the user-friendly and thought out platform they have developed. They have a full support center on their website, along with a chat "help robot." The chat robot will ask you the topic you are looking for information and lead you to information that could apply. This can be helpful, but I prefer to have direct access to a person that can directly answer my questions. It is difficult to find a phone number to reach customer service.
Jen Garfinkel-Canseco | TrustRadius Reviewer
Square Invoices is an excellent solution for sending invoices to be paid for small businesses. I've used it for my own business and recommended it for clients and their small businesses. It's easy-to-use and the invoices are professional looking and you get your money quickly and easily. Set up is a breeze and the mobile app is just as easy to use.
  • Very easy-to-use. Even non-technical users can very easily figure out how to send an invoice.
  • Notifications of payment. You can see if the invoice has been viewed, and you can include attachments to the invoice (such as a contract)!
  • Quick payouts straight to your bank account make life easy.
  • Easy to use mobile app for on the go.
  • Would like a little more customization for design and layout for branding purposes, but overall it does look great.
  • An option to send invoices via text would be nice as well.
Square Invoices is perfect for any small business that wants a CC processor/merchant account and invoicing all in one. It's simple, easy-to-use, and intuitive. It looks professional and makes your business look professional. The fees may be a bit high for a larger business that takes in larger payments and in that case a merchant account would be a better fit.
Fredrick Doss, M.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
I utilize Square Invoices personally to bill for my political consulting work and expenditure reimbursements from clients. It is a simple and easy way to collect payments while providing documentation for my clients for campaign reporting to the Missouri Ethics Commission and the Federal Elections Commission.
  • Adding a customer to invoice is super simple and takes minimal effort.
  • Payment collection is easy and seamless because Square Invoices allows the recipient to pay using credit/cards.
  • One of the fest features is allowing invoices to be recurring. If my contract stipulates a flat fee monthly, I can set the invoices to recur monthly for the duration of the contract.
  • The mobile app is only able to be used for stripe transactions. It would be nice to be able to access my outstanding invoices and other information using the mobile app.
I would definitely recommend Square Invoices for small business owners and consultants. One of the hardest things to do as a consultant is to collect payments, often because documentation is needed and not all clients can pay by cash or check. Square Invoices makes it incredibly simple and easy. Additionally, receiving your payment is nearly instant and there is no need to visit the bank for any reason because everything occurs electronically.
Ali Croft | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Square Invoices to send out individual invoices to each of our clients, every month. Before this software, I was manually making PDF invoices and had no way to easily and quickly accept payment online from my clients. Now, my time spent on invoicing each month is drastically reduced, and I get payments easier and faster.
  • Intuitive interface
  • Nice, simply-designed emails to clients
  • Pain-free, fast deposits to our bank account
  • I wish there was a way to automatically calculate credit card processing fees based on an invoice's amount, and add that to the invoice

I have not had a single issue using Square Invoices to date (after three plus years of use). I am not sure of best-case and worst-case usage scenarios. It might not be great if you need to have highly detailed or itemized invoices.

Jana Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Square Invoices to itemize services and send directly to clients for payment. It's a very simple way to bill clients and receive payments quickly. It also helps with organizing tax documents at the end of the year.
  • Easy to Read
  • Easy to see overdue invoices and send reminders to pay
  • Sorting invoices by client or date is convenient
  • If I add in a custom item I've sold or am billing for, I wish it wouldn't automatically add sales tax as many of my sales are service oriented.
I think Square Invoices are great for small or large businesses alike! The feature is well streamlined with the Square app and incredibly easy to use, whether you are a new business owner or not. I run a small home-based business and I find it very intuitive and easy to use. It also looks very professional!
We have few repeat customers and many of our sales require unique descriptions. Apparently, this was quite unusual because other card processors could only handle these requirements with custom development or by forcing us to create a new item in a shopping cart every time we had a different product description. Square handles this nicely. Their interface has improved in the three years since we started with them and is not full-featured and intuitive.
  • "Custom" product descriptions and pricing
  • Preview of invoices
  • Good reporting and search capabilities
  • Could use more flexibility on address book
Flexible and custom credit card invoicing.

Square Invoices Scorecard Summary

What is Square Invoices?

Square Invoices is a software invoicing solution from Square headquartered in San Francisco, California.

Square Invoices Pricing