Score 9.3 out of 10

What is Square Invoices?

Square Invoices is a software invoicing solution from Square headquartered in San Francisco, California.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Square Invoices, and make your voice heard!

3 people want pricing too

What is Everhour?

Everhour is a time tracker equipped with project & team management features. Everhour integrates with project management apps so users can track time on tasks right from its interface: Asana, Basecamp, Trello, Jira, ClickUp, Basecamp, Notion, Todoist, GitHub, GitLab, etc. Its time tracking…

What is Method:CRM?

Method:crm is a QuickBooks-integrated, web-based CRM platform.

Product Demos

Introduction to Square Invoices
01:25

Square Invoices Video

Create your first invoice: https://squareup.com/dashboard/invoices/new New to Square? Get a free card reader and start accepting credit cards today at http://www.square.com. Square makes it easy for you to send invoices and get paid fast. Invoices are free to send (you just...

Square Invoices Technical Details

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.5.

The most common users of Square Invoices are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

We use Square Invoices regularly to request payment from clients. It is primarily used by our client managers, but also by management when we need to invoice vendors. Square Invoices has become a trusted name in payment processing and helps us streamline payment receipt. It also enables us to have quick access to our funds.
  • Quick access to funds (next business day)
  • Easy to read invoices for clients
  • The reports section is not always the easiest to understand. It seems like I have to stop and think about options instead of it being 100% intuitive.
  • With the fees we pay per transaction, it would be nice to be able to add additional "limited" users for no extra cost.
There is a place for Square Invoices for any small business (or for personal use). There are a lot of ways to customize invoices (with preset items that you sell frequently or with one time items), automatic reminders, options for gratuity, etc. With this in mind, Square Invoices works well for service-based businesses and product-based businesses. With limited CRM capabilities, Square Invoices may need to be a supplemental platform to a more robust CRM program. We use it in this way when we need a more direct invoice to a client or need to run payment outside of our CRM.
  • We have access to funds 3-5 days sooner than other processing options (especially cash or check, which requires a trip to the bank).
  • We have saved time in filtering through invoices to see which are paid and unpaid. Square has an excellent platform to track this!
I feel that for what it does, Square Invoices outperforms its competition. Because we have used the program for several years, we have seen how they continue to improve their service - making it user-friendly and accessible for a variety of needs. Other platforms are not as easy to set up, add items, and access funds after payment is received.
We have never had an issue that needed to escalate to their customer service department. I feel like that speaks to the user-friendly and thought out platform they have developed. They have a full support center on their website, along with a chat "help robot." The chat robot will ask you the topic you are looking for information and lead you to information that could apply. This can be helpful, but I prefer to have direct access to a person that can directly answer my questions. It is difficult to find a phone number to reach customer service.
Fredrick Doss, M.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
I utilize Square Invoices personally to bill for my political consulting work and expenditure reimbursements from clients. It is a simple and easy way to collect payments while providing documentation for my clients for campaign reporting to the Missouri Ethics Commission and the Federal Elections Commission.
  • Adding a customer to invoice is super simple and takes minimal effort.
  • Payment collection is easy and seamless because Square Invoices allows the recipient to pay using credit/cards.
  • One of the fest features is allowing invoices to be recurring. If my contract stipulates a flat fee monthly, I can set the invoices to recur monthly for the duration of the contract.
  • The mobile app is only able to be used for stripe transactions. It would be nice to be able to access my outstanding invoices and other information using the mobile app.
I would definitely recommend Square Invoices for small business owners and consultants. One of the hardest things to do as a consultant is to collect payments, often because documentation is needed and not all clients can pay by cash or check. Square Invoices makes it incredibly simple and easy. Additionally, receiving your payment is nearly instant and there is no need to visit the bank for any reason because everything occurs electronically.
  • The fee for invoicing is extremely reasonable for how easy it is. At 2.75% per transaction, it's well worth it.
  • I like that invoices can be printed and mailed or sent via email for easy online payment.
  • I have a 100% collection rate on my invoices, and they are often paid within 24-48 hours of being sent, which saves me the time of chasing down checks, which can be especially cumbersome when I have multiple clients.
PayPal Payments is not nearly as user-friendly as Square Invoices, and payments are only near instant when the recipient of your invoice has a PayPal account. Of course, there is no fee associated with invoicing if your client has a PayPal account, but it's very rare that political campaigns do. Most often they will have a traditional bank account with a credit/debit card so that isn't much of a benefit. You are also not able to set invoices to reoccur like you are with Square Invoices.
Ali Croft | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Square Invoices to send out individual invoices to each of our clients, every month. Before this software, I was manually making PDF invoices and had no way to easily and quickly accept payment online from my clients. Now, my time spent on invoicing each month is drastically reduced, and I get payments easier and faster.
  • Intuitive interface
  • Nice, simply-designed emails to clients
  • Pain-free, fast deposits to our bank account
  • I wish there was a way to automatically calculate credit card processing fees based on an invoice's amount, and add that to the invoice

I have not had a single issue using Square Invoices to date (after three plus years of use). I am not sure of best-case and worst-case usage scenarios. It might not be great if you need to have highly detailed or itemized invoices.

• Square Invoices saves me a lot of time each month by making the invoicing process quick and easy
I have not used any other invoicing software or service to compare Square invoices to.
Jana Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Square Invoices to itemize services and send directly to clients for payment. It's a very simple way to bill clients and receive payments quickly. It also helps with organizing tax documents at the end of the year.
  • Easy to Read
  • Easy to see overdue invoices and send reminders to pay
  • Sorting invoices by client or date is convenient
  • If I add in a custom item I've sold or am billing for, I wish it wouldn't automatically add sales tax as many of my sales are service oriented.
I think Square Invoices are great for small or large businesses alike! The feature is well streamlined with the Square app and incredibly easy to use, whether you are a new business owner or not. I run a small home-based business and I find it very intuitive and easy to use. It also looks very professional!
  • I love that I can sort my invoices in total, or by a specific time period to see how my sales are doing and comparing to prior time periods.
I love Square Invoices because it's streamline and easy to use. It makes it really easy to print reports and sync to quickbooks if needed.