Square Payroll Reviews

Joanna Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
Square Payroll is my current payroll, accounting, and account management software. Square is used for all my business needs pertaining to finances and recordkeeping. It is used for HR/payroll administration but affects and benefits all employees. It addresses the issues of payroll and recordkeeping for my employees.
  • The convenience of being able to link up Square with your account and have it all in one.
  • The automation of Square and how seamlessly it uploads into the accounts.
  • For the price and what I use it for it's excellent but I think they could expand to have more options for large companies.
  • The platform is relatively simple but I think there is always room for improvement when it comes to being modern and user-friendly.
I really like using Square Payroll and I have no reservations about recommending it to a friend or colleagues. This is a great option for small businesses to be able to have support for financial handlings.
Read Joanna Knight's full review
Elizabeth Pampalone | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Square Payroll to pay myself a salary (on time every week) and to pay my contractors on time every month. I can do time cards, 1099s, and even expense reimbursements via Square Payroll. Before finding Square Payroll, I was dreading hiring yet another pro and not understanding anything they were doing. Now that I have Square Payroll, I can manage my own payroll and know exactly how it all works!
  • 1099s
  • Takes taxes out automatically
  • Easy to use and setup for newbies
  • none!
I recommend it to all my clients who like to keep their money and payments under their purview. This also allows you to assign roles for others so you can have someone help you manage and run payroll.
Read Elizabeth Pampalone's full review
JoAnna Cohen | TrustRadius Reviewer
When setting up e-commerce platforms and retail payment platforms, Square payroll is an integral part of the whole package offered by Square that allows me to deploy solutions for small businesses very quickly. We recommend it to our current users of Square POS and online payments users, as well as recommend it as a benefit for users looking for a new payments/online commerce solution. It's low cost and easy to understand, making it a hard to beat solution.
  • 1099 contractor payments are easy, and they provide you with the IRS filing as part of the service.
  • Direct deposit/debit from your already connected account to the employee.
  • Reporting and management features are simple yet inclusive.
  • Low cost compared to alternative solutions.
  • More reporting options online. Downloading export is cumbersome.
  • Speedier deposits. 4 day turn around is a problem sometimes.
  • Improve W-2 process, explanations.
Honestly, I feel that Square payroll is well suited for most sized small to medium businesses. The option to pay both W-2 employees and 1099 contractors is very flexible. At only $5 additional per employee, it scales well. And all of the appropriate forms are filed for you, so there's no need for an expensive accounting firm. One thing that could improve is the explanation of what to expect at the forefront of implementing W-2 employees. Many employers may not understand how the process will affect them money-wise when it comes to paying the taxes, etc. It may scare them off from using a W-2 instead of 1099, which have very different impacts on the employee's tax situation as well.
Read JoAnna Cohen's full review

Pay calculation (2)
10.0
Support for external payroll vendors (2)
10.0
Benefit plan administration (2)
Direct deposit files (2)
10.0
Salary revision and increment management (1)
Reimbursement management (2)

About Square Payroll

Square Payroll is a payroll solution for hourly employees, from Square headquartered in San Francisco, California.