What is Square Payroll?

Square Payroll is a payroll solution for hourly employees, from Square headquartered in San Francisco, California.

What is Stripe?

Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts…

What is Gusto?

Gusto offers payroll, benefits and compliance capabilities. Gusto is scaled for small to mid-sized businesses, and emphasizes an easy to use interface.

Square Payroll Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Square Payroll?

What is Square Payroll's best feature?

Reviewers rate Benefit plan administration highest, with a score of 9.3.

Who uses Square Payroll?

The most common users of Square Payroll are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Basically they seem to have put in the wrong account number according to my bank when they tried to withdraw the payroll taxes and now they are telling me my bank rejected it and it's not their fault yet it is their fault, in my opinion. I feel now they are doing very little to help me except tell me I have to go ahead and figure out how to pay all my taxes. Pathetic. In my experience, they call constantly when they're selling the product and once it's sold you're on your own.
We implemented Square Payroll last year. Our company got new ownership the year before and the new owner was wanting to make some changes to our HR and Accounting department. Get them more in the 21st century. It allows us to handle our payroll faster and simpler than ever before.
I attempted to use Square Payroll for my first employee in my small Massage Therapy company. Set up took over two months and was still unsuccessful. I am leaving this review to warn others like me. I am not the only client voicing these complaints.
Sasha Brito | TrustRadius Reviewer
Square is one of the most important leading solutions in our company. Square is currently being used in all sectors of our company, in order to provide us with a general administration of all the payrolls of each of the employees, with detailed information on the taxes applied and the deductions that must be made in each employee. Square is being used in our sector of Marketing, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, IT and other areas.

The main benefits that Square has given us is that it has allowed us to have a much more general and complete control of all the company's payroll, this platform provides us with the administration of the payment of each employee, we can make the payroll through this software and we can make deductions for federal, state and local taxes. Square allows me to track the hours each employee has worked, including overtime, and generates automated reports on the total hours each employee has worked. Undoubtedly, this automation has allowed me to have a much easier payroll administration.

Square Payroll is my current payroll, accounting, and account management software. Square is used for all my business needs pertaining to finances and recordkeeping. It is used for HR/payroll administration but affects and benefits all employees. It addresses the issues of payroll and recordkeeping for my employees.
Elizabeth Pampalone | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Square Payroll to pay myself a salary (on time every week) and to pay my contractors on time every month. I can do time cards, 1099s, and even expense reimbursements via Square Payroll. Before finding Square Payroll, I was dreading hiring yet another pro and not understanding anything they were doing. Now that I have Square Payroll, I can manage my own payroll and know exactly how it all works!
JoAnna Cohen | TrustRadius Reviewer
When setting up e-commerce platforms and retail payment platforms, Square payroll is an integral part of the whole package offered by Square that allows me to deploy solutions for small businesses very quickly. We recommend it to our current users of Square POS and online payments users, as well as recommend it as a benefit for users looking for a new payments/online commerce solution. It's low cost and easy to understand, making it a hard to beat solution.