Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company

Time and money saver for calendaring

April 29, 2022

Almost Perfect

November 30, 2021

Amazing bang for the buck

September 24, 2021
Acuity is being used to setup client sales calls, as well as to share availability for in-person services being offered.
It helps with …

Practically defined the scheduling segment

July 21, 2021

Great for solo entrepreneurs!

November 21, 2020

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Customer Support 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company, and make your voice heard!

Emerging

$14

Growing

$23

Powerhouse

$45

per month

What is Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company?

Acuity Scheduling is an appointment management platform developed by the company of the same name in New York and acquired by Squarespace in 2019.

Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company Technical Details

What is Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company?

What is Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.4.

Who uses Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company?

The most common users of Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Health, Wellness and Fitness industry.

Acuity allows our clients to sign up for trainings and also for new, potential clients to sign up for phone calls. Otherwise, this would have to be done manually. We have it embedded in our website so that clients who don't have direct access to my email address can still have the opportunity to discuss becoming a client. Additionally, it is embeddedable in our website, so we are able to put information about the call above, and then direct people to sign up using the embedded scheduler. It sends automated emails to the client so we don't have to do this manually, saving us time and effort.
  • Embeds into website easily; no redirects
  • Clean, simple calendar look for people to schedule meetings
  • Automates confirmation emails after the meeting is set
  • Administrator interface is tricky to use. It is not easy to add new types of meetings or edit the settings on the current types of meetings we have
  • I'd like to see them send out more reminder emails leading up to the meeting scheduled to reduce the number of no-shows and reschedules
  • Make it easier to customize the confirmation emails-- easier ability to add videos and customizable text
Acuity is great to use in the following circumstances: 1. You want to automate scheduling so that you don't have to go back and forth with someone via email about when works best for someone and save time; 2. You want to embed a scheduler into your website; 3. You want to automate confirmation emails after doing meeting schedulers. It's not great to use if you have a lot of complicated different types of meetings to schedule (user administration is not the easiest to navigate) or if you need to easily edit meeting types, agendas, etc.
November 30, 2021

Almost Perfect

Cheri Merz | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acuity Scheduling, a Squarespace company, to allow prospects, clients, and colleagues to schedule appointments with me without the back and forth of both of us searching our calendars for openings. It allows me to create different types of appointments with different amounts of time set aside for them, to charge for some appointments and not for others, to display certain types of appointment publicly and others only by sending someone a link to it. In other words, it's extremely flexible. I can also upgrade for a month if I need to bring on other coaches for a special event and allow them to be scheduled in their own time zone and downgrade again when it's just me.
  • Integrates with Zoom
  • Shows appointment times in the time zone of the person scheduling the appointment
  • Integrates with Google Calendar
  • I would like to see the option to limit the number of each type of appointment rather than all appointments for the day
  • User interface for appointment types can be confusing if there are several types
  • Calendar view is confusing, as it repeats the appointment information for each time increment instead of blocking the entire time slot with one information block.
I started using Acuity as recommended by an event support company for its ability to add other users for special events. For my regular calendar, I used a free app, but when that app lost my account information, I moved everything to Acuity. The learning curve was fairly significant, which is saying something, because I regularly teach myself new software applications. However, I'm now quite satisfied with Acuity except for the main issue, which is that I'd like to individually limit the number of appointments for each appointment type.
I use Acuity to book my clients into my calendar for coaching calls and prospective clients for sales calls. I also use it to promote workshops and group calls. I set up client packages through Acuity and accept payment as well.
I use Acuity to send follow up emails and reminder emails with information they need to know or get back to me prior to our call.
It makes it way easier to get my clients into my calendar, remind them of calls, send all relevant information and request information from them. It automates my business in a big way.
  • Interface is easy to use
  • Customizable (great for branding and embedding the calendar directly on your site)
  • Provides a variety of ways to connect and nurture clients
  • So much flexibility with calendars, 'locations', packages, etc.
  • Sometimes the calendar settings can be difficult to navigate/adjust but I've figured it out
  • I'd love to be able to charge my clients tax (depending on their location)
As a coach in the online space, Acuity is a foundational tool for me and my business. I use it for sales calls, client calls, group calls, promotional calls, accepting payment, etc.
If you're an online service provider, this is an amazing tool to delegate a lot of manual labour (sending out links, setting up meetings, reminders, questionnaires, etc.). I can also see this being a very useful tool for physical businesses that provide services.
I've been an Acuity user from day 1 in my business and I can't see myself switching anytime soon!
Acuity is used by the sales department for initial consultations & post-sales servicing. It allows us to make initial connections with potential clients at a time that suits them & reduces time spent attempting to call people that are unavailable. On the post-sales side of things, it saves us endless amounts of time in providing regular reviews with clients. Clients can trust that we will offer regular opportunities for reviews as promised & feel valued.
  • Easy for customers to use
  • Integrates well with other software
  • Syncs well with Google Calendar
  • Confusing interface - difficult to navigate
  • Changes to appointments can only be made in the back end - not inside synced calendar
  • Becomes complicated when managing multiple calendars
Super easy for the end user. A bit difficult for the owner. Would not recommend to someone unfamiliar with using software.
October 07, 2021

Acuity Scheduling review

Russell Westcott | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acuity Scheduling is a key tool I use on a daily basis. It is an integral part of my sales, marketing, Podcasting and consultation process. I use this to to save my time from having to go back and forth with clients... it just works flawlessly every time.
  • Seamless tech stack integrations.
  • Saves my time, no more back and forth.
  • Automation and reminders.
  • The editor needs to be freshened up.
  • The text reminder interface is a bit confusing.
This is a perfect solution for anyone that needs to book appointments and wants to save their time. It seamlessly works with all my tech.
September 24, 2021

Amazing bang for the buck

It helps with ease of client contact, minimizes admin time, and ensures an organized process for client care
  • User friendly
  • Organizing categories and blocks of time
  • Great customer service
  • Enabling a more customized "thanks for booking" page
It's great for booking appointments or allowing customers to view a schedule and book themselves in. I use it for a small, one-woman business, but it would also be beneficial for larger organizations who want seamless transitioning between client contact and booking.
On the user end, it's great for maintaining and organized, seamless schedule to avoid conflicts or missed appointments.
I also love that it collects the client's information and provides a space to look up any client and their corresponding info quickly
Acuity Scheduling solves a very common business problem for us - scheduling in prospect calls and consulting sessions while avoiding constant back and forth. We serve clients all over the world, which means we are working across time zones. Acuity Scheduling makes that easy to manage and prevents the errors that can come when manually calculating time. Acuity Scheduling is a key piece of software in our business and makes life so much easier.
  • Scheduling across time zones
  • Confirmations and reminders
  • Easy rescheduling and cancellation
  • Calendar integrations
  • Custom rules for different appointment types
  • Seamless payment collection
  • Visual customization options are limited
  • Some of the interface is not intuitive
  • Lack of ability to set defaults for certain integrations (like Zoom) meaning you can wind up forgetting to toggle certain features on and off
Acuity Scheduling is a great option for service based businesses where hopping on calls is a core part of your sales and service delivery. Consultants, coaches, contractors and more can benefit from the easy scheduling features Acuity Scheduling offers. What's also cool is that the capability of the software can expand as your business grows - there are tiers, and at higher tiers you can do more with the software, like sell tickets to group events, for example.
I use Acuity Scheduling for all of my client bookings and I recommend it to all my business clients who provide hourly services. It allows my clients to self schedule and pay for their appointments without any work from me.
  • Scheduling
  • Payments
  • Classes and Packages
  • Design
  • User messaging
Acuity Scheduling is perfect for any business providing an hourly service. This could be contractors, hair and nail salons, coaches and consultants and many more.
Adam Reiley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using Acuity to handle the scheduling of parent partner calls between our sponsors and the children's homes we work with. It seamlessly works across time zones to ensure that everyone is on the same page and send reminders to our sponsors via text and email that a call is coming up so they can hop online and chat with their sponsored child. Acuity Scheduling significantly decreased the number of missed calls and made scheduling much easier.
  • Ease of scheduling. Easy to use scheduling page for quick and seamless appointment scheduling.
  • Working across time zones. Automatically handles changes in time zones when scheduling appointments across the world.
  • Honestly, I have not seen any cons yet.
Acuity Scheduling works very well with our sponsor calls across multiple time zones. I love how it can be hosted on your own website, which increases the trust users have in it. The text and email reminders are very nice features as well. I did need to do some rewording of template confirmation emails and forms to make Acuity work for my organization's application, and I did appreciate how Acuity is customizable to allow for this.
Honestly, I have rarely used their support, as the system is so intuitive and we have not needed the support. I did have a good experience when signing up.
Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acuity Scheduling to book appointments. When people visit my website and want to book a Strategy call with me, they can just book it online using Acuity Scheduling and will get reminders automatically. People can choose the time and date that suits them, and book themselves in. It makes it easy and convenient for everyone.
  • Personalized and branded booking page
  • Email reminders
  • Sync with Google Calendar
  • Set up different types of appointments
  • The FREE version doesn't sync with Google calendar anymore. That's a shame!
For solopreneurs who are already overwhelmed with tasks and activities, Acuity Scheduling takes a task off your list off and automates bookings and meetings.
Christopher Cantrall | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Acuity Scheduling to schedule appointments with market research participants. It is helpful not only for tracking the status of participants, but also for sending reminder emails and texts. It is an order of magnitude easier than previous tools we were using to remind participants about upcoming appointments and as a result saves a ton of manpower.
  • The reminder system is well thought out and touches all the bases we need
  • The scheduling interface is the easier one we've seen (we don't use the client portal)
  • The UI is easy enough to use that I can hand off tasks to employees quickly and easily
  • The new UI feels like a step backwards. Fonts are larger and elements overall take up more space than they previously did, which hampers usability
  • Would appreciate it if there were more tools built around ignoring client portal scheduling. It's hard to find scheduling systems that don't emphasize client self-scheduling these days
  • Even more flexibility with the reminders system would be appreciated.
Acuity Scheduling has been really well suited to our use case which is based around not letting clients self-schedule. Other tools just didn't offer us the ease of use on the scheduling back end. Accordingly, if this is your use case, Acuity Scheduling shines. I can't speak to the relative usefulness of the client scheduling portal, though I'm sure it's fine.
Support is great. I've reached out a few times since our use is a bit different. Support has always been prompt and responsive and led me to a solution, including some workarounds that aren't immediately obvious, such as how to disable a client's ability to reschedule from the cancel appointment link (which you can't do directly. Support guided me to a workaround).
Erika Tebbens | TrustRadius Reviewer
I absolutely love using Acuity Scheduling and I can't imagine ever getting rid of it! Seriously it saves me so much time and it's so affordable. I recommend it to every client and all of my entrepreneur friends.
  • It helps me avoid a lot of back and forth via email trying to get calls scheduled.
  • It allows me to have robust intake forms for discovery calls and client calls.
  • It helps me get paid quickly and easily for my intensives that I offer. Not only can the client book & pay, but they can access their intake form then too.
  • I also use it for booking guests on my podcast.
  • I'm honestly not sure! So far it's been very easy to use. Honestly I'm probably not even using it to its fullest!
Acuity Scheduling is excellent for small business owners who need to book discovery calls, client calls, or even connection calls. Anytime you'd be spending back and forth in email to schedule something, you can replace with with Acuity.
Ofir Vaisman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been with Acuity for over 5 years and they been great until recently where they increased rates almost 9x overnight. They did warn a year before that the current account would be capped, but the 9x price raise changed overnight which was not in the warning. We were given the choice to upgrade to the new account type, or be limited to the current calendar amount. Support is currently over email and after numerous emails over the last 5 weeks, I get the same answers from about 6 different reps reiterating the same thing with different language. Bottom line is I have to pay $3000 USD per year for my account after paying $350 for 5 years. No viable solutions or even attempts to work with me were provided. Being put against a wall like that with a system that we are already used to is capitalism at it's worst. Very disappointing.
  • Allowing multiple calendars to work in unison.
  • Appointment confirmation emails and reminders.
  • Payment processing built-in.
  • Lots of integrations with helpful 3rd party.
  • No phone support. Only online support, and dealing with different people on the same thread.
  • Not the best at hearing one's concerns.
  • Little flexibility in working with clients around solutions.
  • Once you reach a certain number of calendars, they want almost 9x the money out of the blue overnight with no per calendar program or bulk calendar solutions. Either you pay $350 for 100 calendars or forced to pay $3000 for 101 (or unlimited calendars). This is not flexible.
I would have gave it 10 a month ago. Today I give it a 1
I use Acuity to schedule clients and have it set up on my website. I easily direct them to the website to schedule. It saves me a lot of time going back and forth through emails or texts.
  • I love the fact that clients can schedule more than one appt at a time without having to do a separate form for each appt.
  • It integrates well with my website.
  • It offers a lot of options for appointment types.
  • I would love for it to be able to see appts through my Google calendar to create time buffers around them.
It is a great program for simple appt scheduling and integrating with a website. It's also great for clients who make multiple appts. It's not good when you need to create a buffer around appts if you use another calendar system like Google and sync the two together.
The customer support has been responsive and any emails I've sent have been answered within 24 hours.
As a information and service-based company, working with individual clients is immensely important. We use Acuity Scheduling for a broad range of client appointment types to keep things straight forward and also convenient, as well as allowing new prospects the flexibility to schedule a consult at a time that works for them that's also within our availability.
  • User-friendliness is great. It's very straightforward.
  • Customer service is also excellent for any questions using Acuity Scheduling.
  • Acuity Scheduling is a very flexible platform. It even integrates your Facebook pixel for improved ad tracking. And it does so without being complex.
  • I can honestly say that I don't have glaring issues with Acuity Scheduling. Even the integrations process, which I would think would be the most difficult, is very simple.
Acuity Scheduling works well for appointment-based needs with clients, new appointments with prospects, and consultation type needs as well. Frankly, it can be used as a general calendar, though, I think it is geared toward businesses with all of its flexibility and functions. It makes it easy for me to set times that work for me and customize the platform based on my business, and it also allows me to present a sleek, professional front to new and existing clientele.
Every time I had a question on how to do something or had any issues with Acuity Scheduling, mainly in the very beginning, when I was learning the platform, customer service was excellent. They were prompt to respond, friendly, and very helpful until I had the right solution.
Ashlie Pappas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We personally use Acuity Scheduling, but I also find myself regularly recommending it to other health and wellness professionals. It is an easy to use scheduling platform that integrates well with other software (namely Google Calendar, Google Analytics, Zoom, Infusionsoft, and Mailchimp in my case). My schedule is already hectic enough without trying to fit in appointments. With Acuity, I can set the business hours, set a buffer before and after each appointment, and let it work out the scheduling with my Google Calendar. It does what it's meant to do (scheduling) well, and it has an appealing price point.
  • Integrations
  • Automated Reminder Emails
  • Automated Virtual Meeting Room Setup
  • Scheduling
  • Ability to create multiple scheduling options
  • I always like more integrations - but honestly, I can't think of a single one off the top of my head that I'd need that they don't have
  • It could be more user-friendly
  • Customization options - layout customization - branding
  • Easier to allow multiple users to manage their schedule in regards to linking to each user's Google calendar
  • Acuity Scheduling is well suited for any small business with an online presence that is looking for a scheduling solution.
  • Acuity Scheduling wouldn't be a good choice for a business that isn't online. In essence, I also don't think it would be a good solution for a larger business with dozens or hundreds of users needing to manage their scheduling.
I've never really needed to reach out to Acuity Scheduling's support team. Any questions I've had have been able to be answered using a simple Google search or looking on their website.
Christy Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a company of one, I use Acuity Scheduling to allow potential clients to book complimentary discovery calls and web design services. This prevents the whole email back-and-forth on what days/times work for you.
  • It integrates with iCal and Google Calendar.
  • Clients can book and purchase directly within Acuity.
  • Does not calculate taxes (you must build these in to each service cost).
  • Owned by Squarespace, but does not connect to their email campaign software.
Acuity is great for scheduling free discovery calls -- the person scheduling can see your available times and book what works for them. They can also fill out your forms so you have more information about what they are looking for, and you can set up automatic reminder emails for both you and the person scheduling.
Support is great. You get an email response by the next business day. Not only are they helpful, but they are also funny and kind as well. I'm on a grandfathered plan that is free, but they even help me out with answers to my occasional questions. This has been consistent even after being acquired by Squarespace.
We use Acuity on our Squarespace website to allow new leads to independently schedule a consultation, and we use it to schedule all client sessions and staff interviews. When we have a seasonal promotion, we'll also create a special scheduling page to allow clients to book sessions at a promotional price. I link it to my work iCal calendar so that if I schedule anything else via my phone or laptop–a meeting, networking, or volunteer event–it will automatically block off that time a client sees on our Acuity availability.
  • Acuity lets you create groups of different types of appointments and create separate availability for each group.
  • Customers can pay directly through Acuity when they schedule, or you can choose to not require payment.
  • I would like more advanced capabilities for blocking off time *between* appointments, depending on the *type* of appointment. It's not very easy to understand how to use this feature.
  • When looking at the 'week' calendar view, it would be nice to be able to keep scrolling forward through the days & weeks, instead of having to click through to the next week.
I think Acuity Scheduling presents a very professional face for your business when scheduling anything with customers. If you're spending time on the phone talking with clients trying to coordinate schedules, it saves a ton of time to be able to send people to your 'scheduling page' instead to select an appointment. But if your schedule changes every week, you just have to make sure to update your availability regularly so it's accurate.
Acuity has a hilarious brand voice. They're one of only 4-5 email newsletters I'm excited to read, and it's always a pleasure interacting with their great customer service!
Reagan Baird Edwards | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the founder and director of 34:18 Ministries, an organization that offers life coaching services to all kinds of amazing women. I use Acuity Scheduling to solve all of my scheduling problems. Each of my clients logs in to Acuity Scheduling to create, manage, change, and cancel appointments. They even pay for these services through Acuity Scheduling!
  • Acuity Scheduling gives me the ability to customize my client's view of my scheduling page.
  • Acuity Scheduling syncs with my Google calendar to block off times I'm unavailable and sends new appointments to my Google calendar, as well.
  • Acuity Scheduling gives my clients the option to pay for their sessions right there within the website.
  • Acuity Scheduling integrates with Squarespace, Facebook, and Instagram - all vital parts of my business and ministry.
  • The user interface could use a bit of an update within the backend of the website.
I recently coached one of my clients to become an online personal trainer and highly recommended Acuity Scheduling to that person. They are using it and loving it! Anyone who runs a small, one-on-one, client/services business can benefit from using this software. ESPECIALLY if they also use Facebook, Instagram, Squarespace, or any website to drive appointment bookings.
Andrew Folts | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acuity Scheduling to schedule coaching calls with existing and potential clients. I run a solo business, so the software is just used by me.
  • Easy-to-use interface.
  • Lot of options for custom appointment types.
  • The interface is user-friendly, but visually dull.
Acuity scheduling is just easy to use, plain and simple. It works perfectly for solopreneurs or coaches who don't want to be emailing back and forth about their schedules. With different user levels, I don't see why larger organizations couldn't use it as well.
Not being able to call someone is a bummer, but Acuity/Squarespace's support has always been top-notch. They solve your problems quickly in a friendly manner.
Steve Palfreyman | TrustRadius Reviewer
By a solo founder. I've been using it to save time scheduling meetings for the past 6 years. It's the best scheduling software I've tried and keeps getting better!
  • Makes scheduling really easy.
  • Fantastic CRM management built-in.
  • I'd like to see the ability for Acuity to open and close extra availability based on how booked up a calendar is in a set period. Nobody does this that I know of but it'd be a game changer.
For solo founders and teams who need to book lots of meetings!
They are fast and very friendly!
karla lightfoot - clinical hypnotherapy | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a solo practitioner, and I'm the only person that uses Acuity Scheduling. However, it has been fantastic in creating more ease in my practice.
  • Efficient - scheduling and payment
  • Capacity to create options within certain Service categories.
  • Design Interface with Clients could be better looking.
I love Acuity Scheduling and especially for solo practitioners. My husband's office uses it too - it's a startup with about 100 people.
I find the help center to be beneficial. I haven't required anything beyond that, thank goodness.
Acuity is used throughout our organization at an advisor level. We use it to schedule anyone external outside of our organization.
  • We love the customization of each advisor's homepage.
  • We love that you can edit scheduling availability so quickly.
  • The Office 365 integration broke a few times for no reason.
  • We wish there was a number to call for support, but it's only email.
Honestly, I would give this product a 10. I beta tested 4 other online scheduling programs, and this was the only one that did everything we needed it to do and more. I went through over a year of testing other programs. We are very happy with Acuity.
I give it a 9 because I wish there was a phone number to call. Their support is all via email, and sometimes it was not timely.
Heather Herring | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acuity Scheduling to book calls with clients and potential clients. It helps me manage my business hours better by setting specific time frames in which I wish to schedule appointments, as well as making a booking with me a straightforward process.
  • Hours of Availability include the option to create your own schedule, have a set schedule, and block off time.
  • Allowing users to group certain call types (such as consultations for a variety of services) together.
  • Deleting appointment types is a tedious process. You have to open each appointment type and click delete instead of just being able to view the list and select the items you want to delete and not have to navigate away from the list.
  • Sometimes setting a call availability schedule can be a little overwhelming.
  • I work with health and fitness professionals, and I often come across clients who need help managing their appointments and availability.
  • Acuity Scheduling makes this a super easy process, PLUS if they happen to offer classes, slots can be booked for that as well as personal coaching sessions. The ability to collect payments is fantastic.
I've never had an issue with their support. They've always been polite and responsive.
December 07, 2019

Acuity Scheduling Review

Our business currently uses Acuity Scheduling to schedule clients for our spa service division.
  • Acuity Scheduling is a very easy platform to set-up.
  • Acuity Scheduling allows you to customize the layout of the scheduling page and add as many services that you have available.
  • Acuity Scheduling also allows you to customize your email communication with clients.
  • Acuity Scheduling allows you to set up your system to require credit cards to minimize no call no shows.
  • The only area where I feel Acuity Scheduling could improve is when it comes to additional services. Clients are not able to schedule multiple services under 1 appointment. In order for that to be accomplished, I have to create add on's for all the additional services which can be very time consuming.
Acuity Scheduling is well-suited for any service-based industry that is looking to be more automated.
I gave it an 8 because the software was so easy to set up that I have not had a need to contact them directly for support.