Score 8.3 out of 10
Starting at $12 per month
View Pricing

What is Squarespace?

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Some Squarespace website and shop templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

• Page templates (85)
  • Mobile optimization / responsive design (81)
  • Admin section (84)
  • Library of website themes (83)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Squarespace, and make your voice heard!

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.squarespace.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $12 per month

Product Demos

About Squarespace Version 7.1 | Squarespace Tutorial
03:12

Features

Security

This component helps a company minimize the security risks by controlling access to the software and its data, and encouraging best practices among users.

8.6Avg 8.0

Platform & Infrastructure

Features related to platform-wide settings and structure, such as permissions, languages, integrations, customizations, etc.

7.7Avg 7.7

Web Content Creation

Features that support the creation of website content.

8.5Avg 7.6

Web Content Management

Features for managing website content

8Avg 7.4

What is Squarespace?

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Their templates are designed to be elegant and give users maximum control over the look & feel of the website. Some Squarespace templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

Squarespace allows eCommerce users to customize not only elements like themes and fonts, but also structural elements like online store layout. Templates are optimized for mobile shopping. SEO, product galleries, and order management features are built in. Squarespace integrates with Stripe for credit card payments, and ShipStation for shipping.

Squarespace Video

About Squarespace Version 7.1 | Squarespace Tutorial

Squarespace Technical Details

Squarespace starts at $12.

Reviewers rate Page templates highest, with a score of 8.9.

The most common users of Squarespace are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Andy Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I used Squarespace for all of my businesses for several years and was able to generate leads and business deals with an extremely inexpensive website.
  • People liked my websites so much that they asked me to build theirs on Squarespace and that brought in more business for me as well.
  • It was really easy to manage multiple websites when I had about five websites for my different business endeavors.
  • I can see how squarespace can improve efficiency since it's so quick to build a site on there.
  • For those who don't want to hook up a bunch of different stuff to their website and make it work...they most likely have whatever plug in you need and you can add it. Worst case scenario, they have developers you can hire who can make what you need.
  • As your business grows you can add an online storefront to your site and make more money that way! Easy peasy!
  • They have an easy system for adding special SEO words/phrases so you don't have to learn SEO at all!
Michael Chow | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The cost is reasonably decent. My client says they spent about $20 a month or $240 a year. I asked her if she could add Google AdSense to her blog one day, and they believe they can. They said a custom site would cost them $3000-10,000 depending on who does it. And I agreed, but I found the website they created was on the lower end of that range.
Don Stone | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Over the past year, we have used Squarespace on 12 design projects for local-based companies in Cambodia.
  • The sites we created are 1-10 page informational sites that may include blog sections.
Courtney Birnbaum | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The key positive impact on my overall business objectives is how simple Squarespace sites are to implement new information. Whenever our services change, we can quickly update pages or even change how the website flows, in a very short window of time. This allows me to get back to more urgent work sooner.
  • Our Squarespace site for Club Swim Show helped present our web series to potential partners; Club Swim Show went on to partner with a popular swimming magazine and reach a larger audience through that magazine's hosting thanks to the professional design of our original website.
  • Squarespace does not bring in customers to my storefront, which is fine for me, since I sell things infrequently and it is not my main business, but might work against someone who is expecting a Shopify or Etsy level connection with buyer markets.
Josh Summerhays | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Squarespace enabled us to control the brand experience with our most loyal customers more effectively than driving them to listings on 3rd party marketplaces. We're able to offer customers discounts and offers that we didn't have before.
  • We're generating 30% more sales now from organic search than when we were a marketplace-only seller.
  • Outreach from brands in our industry has increased now that we have our own professional web presence. We have several sponsorships and other relationships that came to us as a result of our website and blog.
  • We collected almost $10,000 worth of donations through our Squarespace site this year.
  • We sold $4,000 worth of products via e-commerce.
  • Our visibility online is high - folks who are looking for us specifically or an organization like ours can find us quickly on Google and other search engines. Driving social media traffic to our Squarespace site also results in high engagement and donations.
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Our direct to consumer selling platform is done primarily via our website so Squarespace is the major player here. We do sell on Amazon and eBay as well, but the majority of our direct to consumer revenue is generated via our website with Squarespace.
  • Due to the above-mentioned deficiencies in making shipping costs product specific we do see a small percentage of loss in individual orders depending on where an order is being shipped to. We have to make sure our shipping prices are not exorbitant so in some cases the cost to ship a product is greater than what we charge the customer. This could be rectified is Squarespace would enhance the way they allow users to implement shipping charges.
  • The clean look of the website, the ease of creating new content and the ability to add new products in the Commerce Advanced plan has surely allowed us to grow our sales with a clean look and added product offerings. Hard to measure though how much the can be attributed though directly to Squarespace.