Squarespace Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Isabel Sam | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I went through a trial to see if Squarespace would fit my business well for a website earlier this year. I wanted to tinker with the features and ease of creating the website and also see how well it would solve other SEO and tracking issues I've had over the years. While I did find it very easy to use, unfortunately, I found WordPress to work better for me overall and I went with WordPress.
Read Isabel Sam's full review
May 22, 2021
Michael Chow | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

A client of mine purchased Squarespace as their website for their business. Even though a custom design website would have cost more, she elected to pursue Squarespace for the ease of drag and drop and the ideas of a future blog.

Except they found it more confusing. The learning curve wasn't confusing. They didn't have a comprehensive flair for good design, usage of typography and colors for the website. That's where I come in, and I designed a site using the Squarespace interface with ease. It's likely one of the most accessible third-party platforms I have used!
Read Michael Chow's full review
May 14, 2021
Megan Murray | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Squarespace for all our websites. We have multiple domains and multiple websites, some simply splash pages and others full websites with e-commerce. Squarespace allows us to quickly create clean, professional websites with very little lift. As a small business most of our organization is using Squarespace. This allows us to save time and money not just once but ongoing as it is so easy to update.
Read Megan Murray's full review
May 13, 2021
Courtney Birnbaum | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I began using Squarespace to maintain a production blog for web series Club Swim Show, which worked very well. Squarespace provides a very versatile, customizable website building platform that was easy to update with blog posts and to keep a specific look to the overall production website for the social media and promotion department. I continue to use Squarespace for my husband's and my portfolio sites, where I can showcase portfolio work and offer an easy-to-use storefront for any merchandise we have available to sell related to our graphic design and art.
Read Courtney Birnbaum's full review
May 09, 2021
Josh Summerhays | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Squarespace as our primary web presence for both our online store and blog. We sell digital products via Squarespace's eCommerce platform. I am the primary Squarespace user and am responsible for all content updates and edits in the store and on the blog. Squarespace enables us to create a good-looking website for our small business without additional help from a designer. It also integrates easily with our Stripe and Paypal accounts.
Read Josh Summerhays's full review
February 18, 2021
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Squarespace as our e-commerce website and platform. It is our portal through which customers can find out about us, our products and what we do and then they are able to purchase our products on our website. It is basically like most traditional e-commerce websites. We do utilize certain other tools that Squarespace offers, like their Analytics tools to gauge the traffic to our site, traffic sources and sales data. We do also use their "Abandoned Cart feature which allows us to contact customers that added product to their shopping cart but did not complete a purchase. At this time we do not use a lot of the marketing tools that Squarespace offers as part of their Advanced Commerce plan.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Grace Cartwright Aspinwall | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Squarespace as the blogging platform for my clients. I update their blogs with SEO, content, and fresh ideas. I manage the backend of their websites and also fix any issues. I also help them curate images for their website as part of their overall strategy. I use Squarespace multiple times per week.
Read Grace Cartwright Aspinwall's full review
Jared Jacobson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace has been used to develop a web portal for a speciality food company. It is addressing the problem of trying to get more customers to be interested in ordering speciality food online. This site was used across the entire organization and we were constantly making improvements to the site.
Read Jared Jacobson's full review
May 14, 2021
Don Stone | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Squarespace for small website design projects. If my client needs a simple ad fast website design that they can update themselves, I will suggest WordPress or Squarespace for their site. The choice of platform will depend on the client's needs and their understanding of website design. Some clients prefer an easier-to-maintain website like Squarespace.
Read Don Stone's full review
May 08, 2021
Elizabeth Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have used Squarespace to build out one of our sister websites. It was a simple website, so this tool worked for us perfectly. It helps us solve the issue of creating quick websites for ourselves and for our clients if needed.
Read Elizabeth Turner's full review
Nicole Nagy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Squarespace for personal usage. As a product designer and photographer, I require a place to house my work that's accessible to others. Squarespace fulfills that need for me. I can house all my projects, and make sure it's password protected in case the work is confidential. It also provides a clear solution for photographers when it comes to uploading and placing images on a page that's visually appealing.
Read Nicole Nagy's full review
Darcy Knapp, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have many clients that use Squarespace for their website and ecommerce solution. Squarespace offers a great starting point for SMBs to get into ecommerce and have online check out for services.
Read Darcy Knapp, MBA's full review
Meadow Griffin | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used Squarespace to create website for Legends of Erin. I found it worked well for what I was looking for. I felt like the amount of templates and flexibility were perfect for the sort of website I was designing. I also found the templates highly customizable in the Design menue to fit the feel I was looking for.
Read Meadow Griffin's full review
May 07, 2021

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our non-profit uses Squarespace as our website builder for our organization's website. We use Squarespace as a solution for our web presence and for e-commerce capabilities that has allowed us to sell merch and physical CDs. We've also used Squarespace's e-commerce to "sell" free PDF downloads with resources for teachers, which has also allowed us to collect their email addresses for further engagement. We previously used Squarespace's Donation capabilities as well, which was fantastic when we were just getting started. (We now have a Bloomerang form embedded into our Squarespace site.)

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Square space was an excellent platform that I used to display my online portfolio. It was a seamless experience from start to finish with setting up my platform. I was very pleased with the customer service that was offered and would highly recommend it to someone who was also looking for a similar system to be used.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We built our website for our company using Squarespace. Only two of our team members use Squarespace, but everyone on our team tells us edits to the website to make and then the two of us make them in Squarespace. The problem it solves is allowing us to design a website without a developer.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

SquareSpace is being used by the marketing department of our Independent Research Group. They setup a marketing site to showcase our research team and the multiple projects that they are working on. We are keeping this site separate from our organization site as we want to create a unique identify for this smaller research group to gain traction for the multiple projects.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have used Squarespace for web hosting and website design for the past six years. We utilize it across all departments of our organization, providing an overview and background about our work and services as well as linking to social media, curriculum portals, and embedding student scholarship and fellowship applications.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used Squarespace to sell our products at the height of the COVID pandemic when our retail stores were closed. The product was easy to set up and got us selling in a flash!
April 08, 2021

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace is the software that my organization uses for building our website. For small non-profits like ours, Squarespace is an excellent tool. It is intuitive, easy to use, and easy to add new pages. We can't all have IT experts on our team, so this allows us to still have an awesome-looking website while requiring minimal technical knowledge.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace is used for clients who need a website and want to be able to change things on the backend without the help of anyone else. It's an affordable and aesthetically pleasant option. It's an easy to use CMS and has enough capabilities within it.
January 28, 2020
Bryan Hume | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace is being used by entire company. Simplicity is key to maintaining business efficiency and productivity—Squarespace offers huge wins here. We not only use the platform for our organization, we implement it for other small to mid-size businesses. As a marketing professional and designer, there is comfort and clarity with an all-inclusive platform for managing our website.
Read Bryan Hume's full review
April 28, 2020
Michael Leone | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace is used to share media mostly - blog and vlog posts. There is also a page that links to your use as well as a standard contact option. Squarespace allows for easy dissemination of social media posts as well as a convenient way to share thoughts, ideas, and motivation.
Read Michael Leone's full review
February 21, 2020
Christy Price | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Squarespace as a website portfolio and sales tool. Squarespace allows me to easily update my website and to build professional sites quickly. It is a closed-source platform, so inherently more secure than open-source platforms, and I moved to Squarespace from WordPress several years ago and haven't looked back.
Read Christy Price's full review

Role-based user permissions (57)
API (41)
Internationalization / multi-language (31)
WYSIWYG editor (72)
Code quality / cleanliness (66)
Admin section (84)
Page templates (85)
Library of website themes (82)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (80)
Publishing workflow (71)
Form generator (66)
Content taxonomy (63)
SEO support (69)
Bulk management (40)
Availability / breadth of extensions (56)
Community / comment management (57)

What is Squarespace?

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Their templates are designed to be elegant and give users maximum control over the look & feel of the website. Some Squarespace templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

Squarespace allows eCommerce users to customize not only elements like themes and fonts, but also structural elements like online store layout. Templates are optimized for mobile shopping. SEO, product galleries, and order management features are built in. Squarespace integrates with Stripe for credit card payments, and ShipStation for shipping.

Squarespace Video