Score 8.3 out of 10
Starting at $12 per month
View Pricing

What is Squarespace?

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Some Squarespace website and shop templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

• Page templates (85)
  • Mobile optimization / responsive design (81)
  • Admin section (84)
  • Library of website themes (83)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Squarespace, and make your voice heard!

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.squarespace.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $12 per month

Product Demos

About Squarespace Version 7.1 | Squarespace Tutorial
03:12

Features

Security

This component helps a company minimize the security risks by controlling access to the software and its data, and encouraging best practices among users.

8.6Avg 8.0

Platform & Infrastructure

Features related to platform-wide settings and structure, such as permissions, languages, integrations, customizations, etc.

7.7Avg 7.7

Web Content Creation

Features that support the creation of website content.

8.5Avg 7.6

Web Content Management

Features for managing website content

8Avg 7.4

What is Squarespace?

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Their templates are designed to be elegant and give users maximum control over the look & feel of the website. Some Squarespace templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

Squarespace allows eCommerce users to customize not only elements like themes and fonts, but also structural elements like online store layout. Templates are optimized for mobile shopping. SEO, product galleries, and order management features are built in. Squarespace integrates with Stripe for credit card payments, and ShipStation for shipping.

Squarespace Video

About Squarespace Version 7.1 | Squarespace Tutorial

Squarespace Technical Details

Squarespace starts at $12.

Reviewers rate Page templates highest, with a score of 8.9.

The most common users of Squarespace are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Andy Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used Squarespace for our own websites for a number of years. We have recommended it to clients. We have helped clients create, edit, and manage Squarespace pages. I believe it is way easier than WordPress. Squarespace auto updates but WordPress does not. Squarespace is really easy to use, so we usually recommend it to our clients.
We use Squarespace to build the microsite for one of our signature events. It is paired with another tool for actual ticket purchases, but Squarespace drives most of the front-facing website. It was set up by an external vendor, and maintenance is jointly handled by the vendor and our internal team.
Lisa Cooley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Squarespace for two websites. One for me personally and another for my company. It definitely makes great websites that look fantastic on both mobile and laptops. I also use it for marketing lists and emails, for selling products with a checkout, and for analytics. I'm considering using it for memberships but haven't gotten there yet.
Square space was an excellent platform that I used to display my online portfolio. It was a seamless experience from start to finish with setting up my platform. I was very pleased with the customer service that was offered and would highly recommend it to someone who was also looking for a similar system to be used.
May 24, 2021

Squarespace Review

Nicole Nagy | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Squarespace for personal usage. As a product designer and photographer, I require a place to house my work that's accessible to others. Squarespace fulfills that need for me. I can house all my projects, and make sure it's password protected in case the work is confidential. It also provides a clear solution for photographers when it comes to uploading and placing images on a page that's visually appealing.
Squarespace is used for clients who need a website and want to be able to change things on the backend without the help of anyone else. It's an affordable and aesthetically pleasant option. It's an easy to use CMS and has enough capabilities within it.
I used Squarespace to create website for Legends of Erin. I found it worked well for what I was looking for. I felt like the amount of templates and flexibility were perfect for the sort of website I was designing. I also found the templates highly customizable in the Design menue to fit the feel I was looking for.
SquareSpace is being used by the marketing department of our Independent Research Group. They setup a marketing site to showcase our research team and the multiple projects that they are working on. We are keeping this site separate from our organization site as we want to create a unique identify for this smaller research group to gain traction for the multiple projects.
We have used Squarespace for web hosting and website design for the past six years. We utilize it across all departments of our organization, providing an overview and background about our work and services as well as linking to social media, curriculum portals, and embedding student scholarship and fellowship applications.
I went through a trial to see if Squarespace would fit my business well for a website earlier this year. I wanted to tinker with the features and ease of creating the website and also see how well it would solve other SEO and tracking issues I've had over the years. While I did find it very easy to use, unfortunately, I found WordPress to work better for me overall and I went with WordPress.
Jared Jacobson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Squarespace has been used to develop a web portal for a speciality food company. It is addressing the problem of trying to get more customers to be interested in ordering speciality food online. This site was used across the entire organization and we were constantly making improvements to the site.
Michael Chow | TrustRadius Reviewer
A client of mine purchased Squarespace as their website for their business. Even though a custom design website would have cost more, she elected to pursue Squarespace for the ease of drag and drop and the ideas of a future blog.

Except they found it more confusing. The learning curve wasn't confusing. They didn't have a comprehensive flair for good design, usage of typography and colors for the website. That's where I come in, and I designed a site using the Squarespace interface with ease. It's likely one of the most accessible third-party platforms I have used!
Don Stone | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Squarespace for small website design projects. If my client needs a simple ad fast website design that they can update themselves, I will suggest WordPress or Squarespace for their site. The choice of platform will depend on the client's needs and their understanding of website design. Some clients prefer an easier-to-maintain website like Squarespace.
We use Squarespace for all our websites. We have multiple domains and multiple websites, some simply splash pages and others full websites with e-commerce. Squarespace allows us to quickly create clean, professional websites with very little lift. As a small business most of our organization is using Squarespace. This allows us to save time and money not just once but ongoing as it is so easy to update.
Courtney Birnbaum | TrustRadius Reviewer
I began using Squarespace to maintain a production blog for web series Club Swim Show, which worked very well. Squarespace provides a very versatile, customizable website building platform that was easy to update with blog posts and to keep a specific look to the overall production website for the social media and promotion department. I continue to use Squarespace for my husband's and my portfolio sites, where I can showcase portfolio work and offer an easy-to-use storefront for any merchandise we have available to sell related to our graphic design and art.
Josh Summerhays | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Squarespace as our primary web presence for both our online store and blog. We sell digital products via Squarespace's eCommerce platform. I am the primary Squarespace user and am responsible for all content updates and edits in the store and on the blog. Squarespace enables us to create a good-looking website for our small business without additional help from a designer. It also integrates easily with our Stripe and Paypal accounts.
We have used Squarespace to build out one of our sister websites. It was a simple website, so this tool worked for us perfectly. It helps us solve the issue of creating quick websites for ourselves and for our clients if needed.
Our non-profit uses Squarespace as our website builder for our organization's website. We use Squarespace as a solution for our web presence and for e-commerce capabilities that has allowed us to sell merch and physical CDs. We've also used Squarespace's e-commerce to "sell" free PDF downloads with resources for teachers, which has also allowed us to collect their email addresses for further engagement. We previously used Squarespace's Donation capabilities as well, which was fantastic when we were just getting started. (We now have a Bloomerang form embedded into our Squarespace site.)
Squarespace is the software that my organization uses for building our website. For small non-profits like ours, Squarespace is an excellent tool. It is intuitive, easy to use, and easy to add new pages. We can't all have IT experts on our team, so this allows us to still have an awesome-looking website while requiring minimal technical knowledge.
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Squarespace as our e-commerce website and platform. It is our portal through which customers can find out about us, our products and what we do and then they are able to purchase our products on our website. It is basically like most traditional e-commerce websites. We do utilize certain other tools that Squarespace offers, like their Analytics tools to gauge the traffic to our site, traffic sources and sales data. We do also use their "Abandoned Cart feature which allows us to contact customers that added product to their shopping cart but did not complete a purchase. At this time we do not use a lot of the marketing tools that Squarespace offers as part of their Advanced Commerce plan.
Squarespace is used to share media mostly - blog and vlog posts. There is also a page that links to your use as well as a standard contact option. Squarespace allows for easy dissemination of social media posts as well as a convenient way to share thoughts, ideas, and motivation.