Squarespace Reviews

Michael Leone | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 28, 2020

Squarespace: website creation made easy

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace is used to share media mostly - blog and vlog posts. There is also a page that links to your use as well as a standard contact option. Squarespace allows for easy dissemination of social media posts as well as a convenient way to share thoughts, ideas, and motivation.
Read Michael Leone's full review
Christy Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2020

Squarespace is the Best Choice for Small Business Websites

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Squarespace as a website portfolio and sales tool. Squarespace allows me to easily update my website and to build professional sites quickly. It is a closed-source platform, so inherently more secure than open-source platforms, and I moved to Squarespace from WordPress several years ago and haven't looked back.
Read Christy Price's full review
Reagan Baird Edwards | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

Helpful Presets Without Sacrificing Vision

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I run my website on Squarespace. I am able to tell my story, feature my blog, embed my scheduling system and explain my services all in one place. I can also be contacted, can have people subscribe to receive updates and emails, and can use it as a storefront. Squarespace solves all of my website needs.
Read Reagan Baird Edwards's full review
February 25, 2020

Squarespace - A Beautiful, Affordable Website Platform for Nonprofits

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace is the software that my organization uses for building our website. For small non-profits like ours, Squarespace is an excellent tool. It is intuitive, easy to use, and easy to add new pages. We can't all have IT experts on our team, so this allows us to still have an awesome-looking website while requiring minimal technical knowledge.
Bryan Hume | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Simple & Powerful Website Platform

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace is being used by entire company. Simplicity is key to maintaining business efficiency and productivity—Squarespace offers huge wins here. We not only use the platform for our organization, we implement it for other small to mid-size businesses. As a marketing professional and designer, there is comfort and clarity with an all-inclusive platform for managing our website.
Read Bryan Hume's full review
Robbin Block | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2019

Designer Look and Feel is Ideal for Creative Businesses

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Squarespace to build, manage and maintain websites for my small business clients who are involved in a variety of industries. Squarespace's "designer" look and feel, along with well-designed templates overall, makes it ideal for companies where creative representation is especially important. This includes graphic designers, photographers, architects, etc. The look is achieved through wide-format imagery, extensive availability of designer fonts, use of white space, etc.
Read Robbin Block's full review
August 27, 2019

No need to be an experienced web designer!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace was used to create a local business page for a CrossFit. It was an easy to use solution instead of WordPress or another CMS platform with little to no experience of web design for the business owner. It was up and running - easily edited and template within a day. With such beautiful designs to choose from - it makes it a seamless operation for anyone who already has the content that just needs to be placed within.
Andrew Folts | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2019

Squarespace: the best choice for small businesses and freelancers!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've been using Squarespace off and on for years, but in the past year, I've shifted my freelance web design business completely over to Squarespace (from WordPress and GatsbyJS). For small businesses, it simply makes more sense, because there's no need for a developer or tech support longterm. This allows me to keep creating new websites and focus on the design aspect, rather than on providing maintenance services to existing clients.
Read Andrew Folts's full review
Dan Talvi | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2019

Webpage development that's as easy as it looks in the commercials.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Working as the A/V Media Coordinator for a multi-campus religious organization, we needed a user-friendly way to create a church website that provided a way to relay comprehensive information for all of our campuses, while maintaining accessibility for visitors and an easy way for non-tech users to update information on the website as needed.
Read Dan Talvi's full review
May 22, 2019

Easy to Use with Some Limitations

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Only our specific department is currently using it under my direct management (other departments also use it on their own), but the entire organization's website is not hosted on Squarespace. As the entire organization's website is proprietary and designed/developed for a Korean-speaking audience, Squarespace was our solution in allowing us to communicate with our English-speaking audience without having to go through the arduous process/task of re-coding the existing website.
March 12, 2019

Great tool for getting a website up quickly and efficiently

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Squarespace to build the microsite for one of our signature events. It is paired with another tool for actual ticket purchases, but Squarespace drives most of the front-facing website. It was set up by an external vendor, and maintenance is jointly handled by the vendor and our internal team.
Emily Muhoberac | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 23, 2018

If Squarespace went to high school, they would have won "best all around" as their senior superlative.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Squarespace to support our company website. I also personally use Squarespace to support multiple websites for side projects.

Our marketing team uses the platform most consistently internally. We had formerly built our site on WordPress, which proved to be too difficult to update and maintain. We switched to Squarespace and haven't regretted it for a second. The website builder is intuitive, but also has advanced customization so our design team is happy and our marketing team can manage it.
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Squarespace as our e-commerce website and platform. It is our portal through which customers can find out about us, our products and what we do and then they are able to purchase our products on our website. It is basically like most traditional e-commerce websites. We do utilize certain other tools that Squarespace offers, like their Analytics tools to gauge the traffic to our site, traffic sources and sales data. We do also use their "Abandoned Cart feature which allows us to contact customers that added product to their shopping cart but did not complete a purchase. At this time we do not use a lot of the marketing tools that Squarespace offers as part of their Advanced Commerce plan.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Elizabeth Pampalone | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2019

Squarespace = Website In A Day

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I meet business owners every day that have the same issue... "My website embarrasses me, don't look at it!!"
So, in order to serve these clients, I developed a formula to build a website in one day. When I found Squarespace, it made my formula a reality! I was always going over by a few hours (my formula was really a "website in a day and a half"). But when I started using Squarespace, It allowed me to truly build a website in a day. (8 hours flat is my current time!)
Read Elizabeth Pampalone's full review
Mary Racter | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2019

It just works

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My organization uses Squarespace to host its employee handbook, with information on the code of conduct, etiquette, and role expectations. Employees can log in to view the document.
Read Mary Racter's full review
Alicia Kramer | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2019

Squarespace plays game of Customer Keep-Away!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have used Squarespace to promote my graphic design business for four years now. My small organization benefits from having a web presence and Squarespace is the platform that we currently use. A web presence allows clients to see our past work to make an educated decision whether to hire us! Setting up our Squarespace site had its issues but we learned to work with the template constraints - we are designers after all so we always want to finesse design elements!
Read Alicia Kramer's full review
Nathan Meehan | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 30, 2018

Squarespace: Making the Novice Look Professional

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Squarespace for our website and email hosting. We selected it to replace our GoDaddy/Microsoft Exchange-based email and web hosting. We needed a solution that was inexpensive and easy to update. The GoDaddy site was a Wordpress site and, unlike Squarespace, requires a higher level web design experience. We are a small company and needed to be easily able to modify/update our website and also make it look professional. Squarespace does both.
Read Nathan Meehan's full review
Jacqueline DeCapua | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Software to Create Beautiful Websites

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Squarespace has helped me create a beautiful website to help drive my business. Most of my business has come from people online and interacting with my website. It is a lot more cost effective than hiring someone to build a website for us and it allows me control over all aspects of the website. I can customize and redesign whenever I want!
Read Jacqueline DeCapua's full review
Edmond Lorts | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 23, 2018

Simple and beautiful solution for artist.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've been using Squarespace for years for my photography business. Setting up my site was incredibly easy. The design layouts provided are beautiful and complement my work. They keep the selection of templates fresh and modern. It's always easy to jump in and configure my site and update the images and products offered. I've only had to use their customer support once in the years I've used Squarespace. The one time I chatted with customer support, they were super helpful and gave a thorough explanation with screenshots. I expect to be using Squarespace for many more years and growing my business through their many plans.
Read Edmond Lorts's full review
John Selkow | TrustRadius Reviewer

Squarespace is a hit

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it as our primary website as well as a separate landing page. It is easy for us to incorporate both sites into one profile accounts. Is incredibly easy to use and the designs are great. Since we aren’t the typical type of business that would use Squarespace, our websites are more appealing in our industry.
Read John Selkow's full review
Sean Pomory | TrustRadius Reviewer

The Best E-commerce CMS/SAAS for Small Businesses

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Squarespace to build a modern, beautiful, responsive websites. I also use Squarespace to implement websites for smaller businesses that need full-scale commerce as well. It has a ton of capabilities and integrates with some of the biggest players in the game, including Apply Pay, MailChimp and PayPal. WordPress may give you more features, but it will cost more time to build. The templates are beautiful.

Best of all, the pricing includes website hosting and SSL.
Read Sean Pomory's full review
Dave Becker | TrustRadius Reviewer

Easy Website Creation For Anyone

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In our organization, we use Squarespace to create an internal website for our employees. The website has pages and content that our teams can easily access while out in the field, and links to resources that they can access whenever they want. It's become our knowledge center for all things related to the company. We also host an internal company blog on the site.
Read Dave Becker's full review
Faith Barker | TrustRadius Reviewer

Love Squarespace!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Squarespace to host and build my personal website for graphic design work. The software is great because I know basic coding, but I am not in the field of creating websites from scratch. Squarespace has allowed me to build a custom website based on my preferences with great UX/UI. I have NEVER had an issue with website failure or malfunction. A full-blown website update and relaunch took just two days for me to complete, where others would take months or more. I don't need to hire a web developer. I can use my own photographs or stock imagery Squarespace provides users with. They also offer you website templates and sample sites so you can see how others have used the templates with their own spins to create unique, customized webpages.
Read Faith Barker's full review
Sara Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Value

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am using Squarespace for a beauty blog. I am showcasing different treatments and procedures related to the aesthetics industry.
Read Sara Meyer's full review

Role-based user permissions (42)
API (28)
Internationalization / multi-language (21)
WYSIWYG editor (54)
Code quality / cleanliness (49)
Admin section (64)
Page templates (65)
Library of website themes (63)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (61)
Publishing workflow (55)
Form generator (49)
Content taxonomy (48)
SEO support (53)
Bulk management (26)
6.2
Availability / breadth of extensions (39)
6.4
Community / comment management (42)

About Squarespace

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Their templates are designed to be elegant and give users maximum control over the look & feel of the website. Some Squarespace templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

Squarespace allows eCommerce users to customize not only elements like themes and fonts, but also structural elements like online store layout. Templates are optimized for mobile shopping. SEO, product galleries, and order management features are built in. Squarespace integrates with Stripe for credit card payments, and ShipStation for shipping.

Squarespace Technical Details