A. They know what we have and are able to support 100%
B. Very quick deployment time we are talking less than a few days
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of StarWind HCA, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) is a turnkey hyper-converged platform that merges compute, storage, network, and software into a nuclear 2-node footprint. The solution is designed to simplify HCI management for Enterprise ROBO, SMB & Edge, while offering flexible scalability and powerful performance.
Users can start with two nodes, based on HeartBeat, that can be switchless and function without additional equipment. StarWind HCA is a software-centric architecture that removes the need for proprietary components. StarWind Engineers perform the configuration, testing, migration, and integration for users, free of charge.
StarWind HyperConverged Appliance:
- allows using 100% of underlying storage performance
- has no hardware compatibility lists (HCLs)
- does 2- or 3-way replication + local RAID 5/6/10
- does VAAI and ODX data offloading
- includes load balancing and data locality
- does VM-centric hypervisor-level snapshots, and more.
To minimize CapEx and OpEx further, StarWind ProActive Premium Support (included in every license) substitutes an IT squad for the sake of cluster health assurance. ProActive Support monitors user environments 24/7/365, and uses machine learning to detect abnormal behavior so issues are prevented before they can become a problem.
The vendor presents StarWind HCA as a hyper-converged world enclosed in a tiny “building block” that comes at a reasonable price.
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux|
- Fully redundant shared storage (vSAN)
- Proactive monitoring of all of the hardware
- 24/7 support
- Substantial cost savings over VMWare's vSAN license
- Massive increase in performance/IOPS compared to our previous hosts
- Full hardware redundancy for both VMWare hosts and all of our data
- There are none, but our needs are extremely limited, and StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) is doing exactly what we need.
- Possibly integrating with one of the clouds for backups and/or VM migrations
- High performance storage.
- Great customer service and support.
- Simple to deploy.
- Reduced single points of failure.
- Reduced IT maintenance.
- Increased infrastructure redundancy.
- Reduced hardware/rack wiring complexity.
- Reduced single points of failure
- General IT infrastructure needs
- Disaster Recovery, offsite
- Product Usability
- Implemented in-house
- Initial setup.
- Daily usage.
- Power loss graceful shutdown.