A. They know what we have and are able to support 100%
B. Very quick deployment time we are talking less than a few days
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of StarWind HCA, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) is a turnkey hyper-converged platform that merges compute, storage, network, and software into a nuclear 2-node footprint. The solution is designed to simplify HCI management for Enterprise ROBO, SMB & Edge, while offering flexible scalability and powerful performance.
Users can start with two nodes, based on HeartBeat, that can be switchless and function without additional equipment. StarWind HCA is a software-centric architecture that removes the need for proprietary components. StarWind Engineers perform the configuration, testing, migration, and integration for users, free of charge.
StarWind HyperConverged Appliance:
- allows using 100% of underlying storage performance
- has no hardware compatibility lists (HCLs)
- does 2- or 3-way replication + local RAID 5/6/10
- does VAAI and ODX data offloading
- includes load balancing and data locality
- does VM-centric hypervisor-level snapshots, and more.
To minimize CapEx and OpEx further, StarWind ProActive Premium Support (included in every license) substitutes an IT squad for the sake of cluster health assurance. ProActive Support monitors user environments 24/7/365, and uses machine learning to detect abnormal behavior so issues are prevented before they can become a problem.
The vendor presents StarWind HCA as a hyper-converged world enclosed in a tiny “building block” that comes at a reasonable price.
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux|
- Simplification of our server and network environment - Has freed up my time and focus to the services provided by our VM's.
- No longer purchasing individual servers - Our virtualization needs are well met by the StarWind HyperConverged Appliance's.
- Reduced server maintenance costs - Not having to pay maintenance on new servers, just our few remaining physical servers and our StarWind HyperConverged Appliance's.
- We experienced a significant increase in IOPS with the all-flash storage and high-end components of the system.
- The cost to replace an aging critical physical server was absorbed into the cost of the StarWind HCA two-node setup which ended up benefiting the entire enterprise instead of just improving a single physical server.
- Users are happy with the improved performance of their applications which increases productivity and overall business operations.
- This setup saved us $30,000 over replacing with traditional SAN setup.
- Alternative would have cost twice as much.
- vMotion is now done in seconds rather than minutes.
- Lower operating costs
- operating on two servers instead of three in most vSAN envorments save money on server cost
- No after hours upgrades needs. So staff not working after hours
- Increased IOPS from about 3000 to 33000
- Reduced hardware costs
- ROI: Phenomenal. If we were to piece together a system like this with the limited IT resources we have, it would have cost a bundle, and deployment would have taken much longer.
- Speed of deployment was a key consideration and StarWind HyperConverged Appliance delivered.
- A significant cost saving compared to a pure storage solution
- The performance has multiplied
- Great performance.
- Maximum Uptime
- Great Support
- Minimal Monitoring
- cost savings for a single source solution
- no day to day issues ever
- We used to have a couple hours a week of downtime when we ran everything on a single bare-metal server install. Since migrating to StarWind HCA we have almost 0 downtime.
- Cost Savings - no new physical hardware needed for 4+ years
- Increased storage speed
- Zero downtime
- Reduced admin time
- Full redundancy
- Better VM performance than our original HA cluster
- Less time spent troubleshooting issues due to stability
- Cost saving
- Increased our IOPS
- Performance has been very positive. Of course this was a hardware change so a lot of that was to be expected.
- I don't track ROI - but I do like that this was a complete package, hardware, software, support and monitoring. I think it was a huge cost savings to almost any other solution.
- Less power usage in datacenter
- Less physical kit
- Lower cooling requirements overall in datacenter
- Cost Saving , Instead if having multiple servers and manageing them seperately we have redundant hyperV servers and this creates efficiencies in terms of management of the servers
- Customer Support is proactive and contact us if anything needs paying attention to with good follow ups
- Redundancy of Hardware via RAID and power system is good for critical environment
- ROI as we are not running so many pieces of kit
- Rack space freed up
- Simplified redundancy
- Increased speed.
- Reduced physical footprint.
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Improved user experience.
- Cost of Operation
- Minimal downtime
- Maintenance during on-hours
- StarWind came in much lower than competitors, so this was great.
- We chose to get a fully SSD system and performance was more than enough.
- The best impact was the ease of management. Only need to manage one product and one vendor. That is great.
- Two StarWind HCAs are either a half or less than half the cost of a Dell blade chassis with 3 blade servers, two switches of iSCSI and one storage server for the SAN.
- With the above being our past SAN implementation, there was still a single point of failure with the one storage server for the SAN so has increased our reliability/uptime/redundancy of our environment at half the cost.
- The time savings in regards to Support is also worth the money spent on the Premium Support plan they over since I don't need to contact StarWind Support for any issues with the Dell hardware/virtual host, for any issues with the StarWind SAN software, and any VMware issues.
- Cost savings in terms of hosting operations
- Increased performance of the servers, leading to increased employee productivity
- Decreased support response time
- Less after hours time needed to patch the servers with failover
- Virtual machines are stable and hardware works well
- Support and service takes one more thing off our teams plate