A. They know what we have and are able to support 100%
B. Very quick deployment time we are talking less than a few days
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of StarWind HCA, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) is a turnkey hyper-converged platform that merges compute, storage, network, and software into a nuclear 2-node footprint. The solution is designed to simplify HCI management for Enterprise ROBO, SMB & Edge, while offering flexible scalability and powerful performance.
Users can start with two nodes, based on HeartBeat, that can be switchless and function without additional equipment. StarWind HCA is a software-centric architecture that removes the need for proprietary components. StarWind Engineers perform the configuration, testing, migration, and integration for users, free of charge.
StarWind HyperConverged Appliance:
- allows using 100% of underlying storage performance
- has no hardware compatibility lists (HCLs)
- does 2- or 3-way replication + local RAID 5/6/10
- does VAAI and ODX data offloading
- includes load balancing and data locality
- does VM-centric hypervisor-level snapshots, and more.
To minimize CapEx and OpEx further, StarWind ProActive Premium Support (included in every license) substitutes an IT squad for the sake of cluster health assurance. ProActive Support monitors user environments 24/7/365, and uses machine learning to detect abnormal behavior so issues are prevented before they can become a problem.
The vendor presents StarWind HCA as a hyper-converged world enclosed in a tiny “building block” that comes at a reasonable price.
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux|
- It is extremely easy to set up, it comes with most options pre-configured for you. But the support group will walk through your entire setup and migration.
- It is monitored by StarWind 24x7. Instead of issues being reactive with the monitoring I'm hoping things will be more proactive.
- The performance has been outstanding. I think disk was our main limiting factor with our hold hardware.
- I prefer HP hardware to Dell hardware but that's just me.
- The documentation is a bit sparse.
- Performance has been very positive. Of course this was a hardware change so a lot of that was to be expected.
- I don't track ROI - but I do like that this was a complete package, hardware, software, support and monitoring. I think it was a huge cost savings to almost any other solution.
- Very stable.
- Takes up very little physical space.
- Excellent support.
- Easy to implement and use.
- Nothing to be improved.
- Increased speed.
- Reduced physical footprint.
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Improved user experience.
- Fully redundant shared storage (vSAN)
- Proactive monitoring of all of the hardware
- 24/7 support
- Substantial cost savings over VMWare's vSAN license
- Massive increase in performance/IOPS compared to our previous hosts
- Full hardware redundancy for both VMWare hosts and all of our data
- There are none, but our needs are extremely limited, and StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) is doing exactly what we need.
- Possibly integrating with one of the clouds for backups and/or VM migrations
- High performance storage.
- Great customer service and support.
- Simple to deploy.
- Reduced single points of failure.
- Reduced IT maintenance.
- Increased infrastructure redundancy.
- Reduced hardware/rack wiring complexity.
- Reduced single points of failure
- General IT infrastructure needs
- Disaster Recovery, offsite
- Product Usability
- Implemented in-house
- Initial setup.
- Daily usage.
- Power loss graceful shutdown.
- Tech Support. Starwind proactive tech support reaches out to us when they detect an issue instead of us having to initiate the support call. Then their technician will stay with us through the entire process until a resolution is found.
- Affordability. Starwind HCA is very aggressively priced while still able to offer all of the needed features that you look for in an HCA solution.
- Simplicity. Starwind offers network-less 2 and 3 node clusters. This way you can have a stable failover cluster without needing to monitor and maintain a separate storage network stack.
- Multi cluster console. Currently, their management console is only able to attach to a single cluster at a time. I'm told that they have multi-cluster management high on their list of new features to be added so hopefully that is added soon.
- Tech support locations. Currently, their tech support is located in eastern Europe. While they are staffed 24/7 there can be a language barrier at times trying to listen through thick accents. They are always very patient and never complain, even when I ask them to repeat themselves multiple times.
- Starwind has given us the ability to offer services that we were having to outsource in the past. This increases our offering, thus increasing our value to our customers.
- Because Starwind is very affordably priced we are able to offer services to our customers while maintaining healthy margins.
- The proactive support has allowed our technicians to focus on our customer instead of on our own internal hardware.