Web analytics product designed for SMB.s Statistics collected are based on page loads.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/B9/KS/5RT4J70KJHE5.pngGreat website monitoring tool that provides detail by each visitorWe used StatCounter to monitor traffic to our site. It gave us detailed information on where our traffic came from, what pages were visited, and what browsers were being used. I liked StatCounter because it gave more specific data by visitor than I could get with Google Analytics. In many ways, it is easier to use than Google Analytics, but I used both hand in hand.,I can visit my site in real time showing pages visited and the duration of the visit. It shows very detailed data on where visitors came from. I could monitor the performance of campaigns in real-time as visitors came to my site from a promotion.,I'd like to see individual visitor history for top visitors.,10,StatCounter helped me to better measure the effectiveness of my marketing campaigns so I could make better decisions.,Google AnalyticsStatcounter is for simple and efficient analyticsI am using StatCounter in all of my 65 websites. The reason why I use it is that it gives easier to read insights and analytics of my sites compared to Google Analytics. You might be able to grasp more data with Google Analytics but you can not do it while driving or doing other stuff. You always need a computer to dig into stats with Google Analytics, meanwhile, with StatCounter, it's all more straight forward and even mobile friendly since they have a nice app! The visitor's path tab is very nice and it allows you to see real-time visitors and a lot of precious information you need to grow your websites.,Easy analytics Real-time stats "From where" it came keywords,The design overall looks a bit outdated even though they recently changed it. The script that needs to be placed to track can be improved.,10,I can tell exactly where my websites are losing traffic. I can tell where I need to improve my content. I can figure out in real time the traffic and the nature of my visitors.,Mixpanel, Clicky, Quantcast Measure and Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik),SEMRush, SendinBlue, G SuiteGreat Alternative to Google AnalyticsWe use StatCount help us track visitors to our website. It also helps us monitor visitor activities. These helps us keep track of which products our customers are migrating to. It also lets us know what kind of impact our website is having upon the public. You can see how many visits you have and where these visits are coming from.,Easy to use and install Can track custom activity in real time Customized reporting for location and volume throughout the day,Not robust enough to do more advanced analytics like customer segmentation Interface isn't as clean as other tools such as Google Analytics Found it wasn't very accurate when traffic on the website got too high,7,It's been great to track positive reactions to changes in our website and new product offerings Also a great way to roughly estimate the demand and customer base for your products Also identifies what areas of the website could be improved base on low traffic,Google Analytics,GlobalMeet, GreenRopeBest free web-visitor analysis toolStatCounter is helping with the analysis of website visitors. We are using StatCounter in the last 4 years to count visitors and to know our website visitors' activities. StatCounter is a free tool. We have to add javascript code from StatCounter to our website. With the help of that, StatCounter gives us data of our website visitors. The free account comes with advertisements. You can go for the paid version account if your website traffic is huge. The best part of StatCounter is you can add multiple projects (multiple websites) for user analysis in a single free version account. StatCounter free version (there is a time limit for the free version, mostly it keep 3 days of data) give data report like: Country wise visitor states.Browser wise visitor reports.Keyword statics for websites.Top visited pages of a website.Traffic source like organic or paid traffic reports.,It's a free tool which is best to start with website visitor analysis. It gives detailed reports for location, browser and time. It's really easy to set up and use. It may just take few moments to set up an account.,They need to add a real-time visitor report option on the website. Else, it is a great tool.,9,Positive is that we can analyze website users. You can manage sub-users, like a team, in StatCounter. Negative is that we have to add javascript to the website which makes it a little hard.,Google AnalyticsStatCounter the easy alternative to Google AnalyticsStatCounter provides me with a full in-depth look at the traffic coming to our website, from entry page or most popular, geographic locales along with users' path thru our website. Browser, number of visits, time, computer type are all shown - that makes understanding the use of the website by our potential customers all that clearer.,Graphical (map) of users Easy to read charts Easy to set up vs. Google Analytics,It actually does what I need, so I don't have a real answer here,10,It is worth the money, since I use the free version.,,Microsoft Office 2016, Xero, TradeGecko, WooCommerce, FreshdeskStatCounter is not Google Analytics and that is a good thing.Sting is one client for whom I have used StatCounter. The main reason is Google Analytics has a learning curve and I want my clients to have easy solutions like StatCounter. For most, it provides more than enough data, in good contexts, to quantify and qualify my efforts as a Digital Marketing Strategist.,Reports are general, which sometimes is all a client wants to know. Data is ordered logically and is easy to flip between screens. It's simple to add to any site. Their communication is excellent. Rarely are there issues but if so, they go right to Twitter and engage immediately.,I honestly cannot suggest a thing. Again, StatCounter is used for specific reasons and exceeds my expectations.,10,Positive, by far. When a client wants to gauge ROI, StatCounter cuts to the heart of the matter. No guesswork or confusion.,Google Analytics,10Crucial Tracking Info for Tight BudgetsThis services gives the user a lot of functionality for a low price (free with a limited data log) which can be a lifesaver for small business and organizations with limited budgets. Because it is free, any of its shortcomings can be met by complementing it with other free services such as Google Analytics (GA). One shortcoming of GA, and highlight for StatCounter is its ability to track IP addresses. The user’s IP address help pinpoint them to a specific city, state, and country. If the user is using a browser at a larger company, sometimes the IP address will actually reflect which company the website is being accessed from. This feature can be really good for smaller companies/organizations, because they tend to have more personal connections with their smaller user and contact base. Because of this low traffic situation, the in depth analysis is easier to digest and it is possible to gleen who of the business personal connections are interacting with their website. Like most regular tracking services, StatCounter provides many of the same functionality of large data information aggregation. Page visit length help show audience retention. Path through the website and system stats (operating system, resolution browser) can be used to optimize page design and web layout. Keywords, Search Engine information, landing pages, and came from pages, help give an idea of success of current campaigns and provide information for increasing their success,For the free version data logging is limited to two weeks, which requires manual pulling of the data (CSV or excel formats) on a regular basis which can become tedious. For offline graphing/presentations, data must be re synthesized/visualized. This typical requires someone manual manipulation the data or develop scripts or coding to improve the collection of the data for offline presentation and records. Lacks some of the pretty visuals that can be seen in competitors such as Google Analytics. Lacks user specific in depth tracking across multiple services (mailchimp, google etc), like more fully featured platforms (Kissmetrics) are able to provide.,Faster lead conversion. IP tracking allows crucial information for low traffic and nurturing of small numbers of close contacts. Increasing user retention, through optimized UI website design based on visitor system information and visit lenghts Increasing lead generation from better search engine optimization and keyword selection.,9,9StatCounter: I approveIt's helpful to easily view the hostnames of visitors to get a real sense of your audience. My top 5 views are recent pageloads, recent came from, download activity, exit link activity, and keywords. I appreciate being able to choose free vs paid for log activity.,It would be great if the csv file that we can download incorporates all the data that is being collected. I wasn't able to download the hostname information.,Improved ability to target audience. Insight into user hardware (e.g. Mac vs PC, screen resolution, browser use, etc),10,10,Date selection IP labeling and restriction Hostname viewing,Yes,10StatCounter: Stats Made SimpleStatCounter does not lag when entering long time frames (yearly data) like some other analytics sites I've used. StatCounter is user friendly. StatCounter does not have tons of different drop down menus like other sites I've used, which I like. It has a very clean, functioning look.,I would like to see our referral traffic ranked in order of most to least. I'm not sure if this function exists already, but if it does, I do not know how to do it. Maybe put the average time on site on the same chart as the visitors and page views graphs. I feel as though some tasks can be streamlined, but this is not just unique to statcounter but to other analytics sites I've used. But people like digging really deep into the data, but for people like me who use it for one purpose, a shorter one-stop-shop version would be nice. Like one page where everything can be seen.,We are able to figure out which stories are read more often on our news site. We can see what days have the highest and lowest traffic that way we can tailor our content to better fit our audience's needs. StatCounter is really easy to explain to our employees. Which has helped a lot.,10,87 years with StatcounterStatCounter is easy to use, easy to implement, with a UI that anyone, regardless of skill level with web analytics, can read and interpret. I've been using StatCounter for at least 7 years. I install it on every website or blog I am responsible for. StatCounter is much faster to read and use to get live-time results than any other service I have found.,I can't think of any changes I would make that are exclusive to StatCounter.,The ability to get live-time responses and use that information makes it possible for us to make emergency changes when necessary.,10,10StatCounter. Free and Easy.I really like the simplicity of the weekly stats. It's nice to log in and view weekly stats at once. Keyword analysis helps you determine what keywords are working for your site. It's very helpful. Visitor paths provide a great resource to see where people have entered and exited the website. This helps with fine tuning your SEO efforts.,I am very happy with StatCounter and not sure what else they could add to improve the website. The graph designs could be more interactive.,We utilize StatCounter primarily for SEO efforts. I like to see what keywords work, what pages people tend to navigate towards, track number of downloads, etc.,10,10Long-Standing, Rock Solid, Simple, Affordable Web Stats for Your Analytics MixI have used StatCounter for my personal hobby web properties for what seems close to a decade now as well as a primary/backup statistics source for a number of million+ hit websites that I personally designed and managed for my previous employer. We used it primarily in the Marketing department but used the reports to inform various departments and key individuals of course.,StatCounter is reliable and accurate. StatCounter has always been easy to use. StatCounter maintains your statistics for many, many years compared to many web services that restrict how far you can go back. StatCounter is very affordable and has been.,I can't think of any weaknesses.,10,StatCounter enabled us to track what works and doesn't work with regards to driving web traffic. On a personal use level, StatCounter enabled me to gauge how much additional effort I needed to make to reach the traffic levels needed on my website.,,10
StatCounter
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

StatCounter Reviews

StatCounter

Do you work for this company?

Showing 12 of 20 StatCounter ratings and reviews.

Charles Rogel profile photo

Likelihood to Recommend

I like it as a backup and indifferent source to check against Google Analytics. It helps me to check on AdWords click fraud and get a better sense for how my site is performing. It is a good basic tool. Google Analytics is far more robust, but Google does not show all of the detail that StatCounter does.
Read Charles Rogel's full review
Marco Diversi profile photo

Likelihood to Recommend

Statcounter is definitely a tool you need to have combined with GA. You should not use it if you think that you can get enough from Google Analytics but honestly I think that also adding StatCounter to your site will make you happy.
Read Marco Diversi's full review

Likelihood to Recommend

The program is easy to use and to integrate. The integration is fast and is done in less than a minute. This quick refresh rate allows you to see what customers are viewing and how long they are viewing these pages. I would like to see added functionality to allow for more in-depth tracking. It does a great job of giving raw data, but an analysis of that data and data conversion to sales and customer retention would be great.
Wayne Spivak profile photo

Likelihood to Recommend

SInce I use it for a consulting business and not an e-commerce business, I am not able to say that StatCounter can or can't be used for the e-com business.

I can say for a general purpose website it is superb. Again, easy to set up, easy to read, and understand.
Read Wayne Spivak's full review
Trevor Williams profile photo

Likelihood to Recommend

Free services provide a wonderful resource for people on tight budgets. If willing to put forth work in data managing/analysis and If basic high traffic information or drilling down specific users in low traffic situations is needed, then StatCounter may fit your needs. If automation and low overhead are a high priority then some more expensive packages can provide the same and more information with less hassle. Because StatCounter is free, there is low risk to see if StatCounter works in your specific usage scenario.
Read Trevor Williams's full review
Autumn Walden profile photo
December 24, 2013

StatCounter: I approve

Likelihood to Recommend

I would just recommend that they actually use the data in their decisionmaking. It also helps to frequently check web visitor activity (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly) to note trends and perhaps even become aware of issues with your site.
Read Autumn Walden's full review
Samantha Worgull profile photo

Likelihood to Recommend

I would tell my colleague that if they're looking for a simple, easy to use analytics tool that StatCounter is the way to go. Like I said, I think that this is StatCounter's strong point. Sometimes I find myself on other analytics sites wondering what the heck I have to click to get what I want. I don't have that feeling with StatCounter.
Read Samantha Worgull's full review
Richard Yager profile photo

Likelihood to Recommend

StatCounter has a simple interface and is fairly straightforward as far as navigation. If anyone is looking to get a good grasp on their web traffic, I would definitely recommend trying out StatCounter.
Read Richard Yager's full review

Likelihood to Recommend

I prefer to use StatCounter within a mix of statistics vendors. I never rely on just one vendor for my stats. My recommendation is to use StatCounter in conjunction with internal server stats and one other major external stats provider (I won't name here).

About StatCounter