StratEx headquartered in Chicago offers a cloud-based HR solution.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Ro/1L/LHJDHMJ6LC9W.jpegStratEx isn't a big name player and that's such a good thing! We love it!We made the decision to come off a PEO and bring all HR functions in house. The decision was made to solve for two problems: (1) system control, and (2) costs. This prompted a search for the right HRS that would be at least cost neutral and also allow us to control all aspects of the employee cycle within one central system without having to rely on the support and (often) delays caused by having a PEO in place.,HR Services. StratEx provides you a dedicated HR Services Account Manager. This person not only knows the intricacies of the HR software, but also supports all HR functions within the organization. Our StratEx HR Services Manager stays up-to-date on all laws and governmental guidance and provides support across our multi-location workforce. Sales Experience. We sat through several proposals and demos from lots of companies (including the big players, like ADP, Ultimate, and Ceridian) and all of them were just completely useless. We often left with more questions than we had and we could get no answers--just the same corporate jargon. StratEx offered a different experience. A quick introductory call before we even started looking, and a low-pressure, friendly conversation where they really discovered who we are as a company and then proposed how they could meet our needs. Software support. From the very beginning, the software support was out of this world. During implementation, I could pick up the phone and call one of two people who I had started building a relationship with. They knew me, our account, our practices --- everything. They waited until I told them I was ready to move to General Support. General Support isn't a bad thing! Our dedicated team of two specialized in implementation and they were released to go work on the next client. General Support is a dedicated group of three or four people who also know me and our practices. They are available when I need them to support any issues or changes that come up. StratEx's support is fantastic.,I would like to see the reporting features expanded more. I can build custom reports, but I would love to be able to extract any data point I want to create reports I need. Passive benefit enrollment. Currently, their system doesn't support the ability for employees to remain passively enrolled through each benefit enrollment period. Each year, every employee has to go into the system and re-enroll in benefit elections/deferrals. This isn't complicated for our company and requires extra work on our end. I would like to see social functions built into the site. The site is already a platform many employees are in all the time, so instead of us looking for an intra-net or employee site provider, we could simply use StratEx if the option were available.,8,Financial Savings. The costs of StratEx is based on company population and active employees. This saved us a lot of dollars we were able to invest elsewhere in the company. The idea of "we'll grow with you" is modeled here as StratEx's simple cost structure does, in fact, grow as you grow, so the expense for StratEx is relative. The soft savings is also a big ROI. The amount of productivity recovered by bringing an HR system in-house gives us control and easy access. Further, the software is intuitive and user-friendly, which saves so much time. The HR Support services also are an added layer or counsel and guidance on the many HR laws that surround companies these days.,ADP TotalSource, Ceridian Dayforce and BambooHR,Airtable, Jive Hosted VoIP, G Suite
StratEx

StratEx Reviews

StratEx

Do you work for this company?

Filter 1 vetted StratEx reviews and ratings

Tyler Collum profile photo
  • HR Services. StratEx provides you a dedicated HR Services Account Manager. This person not only knows the intricacies of the HR software, but also supports all HR functions within the organization. Our StratEx HR Services Manager stays up-to-date on all laws and governmental guidance and provides support across our multi-location workforce.
  • Sales Experience. We sat through several proposals and demos from lots of companies (including the big players, like ADP, Ultimate, and Ceridian) and all of them were just completely useless. We often left with more questions than we had and we could get no answers--just the same corporate jargon. StratEx offered a different experience. A quick introductory call before we even started looking, and a low-pressure, friendly conversation where they really discovered who we are as a company and then proposed how they could meet our needs.
  • Software support. From the very beginning, the software support was out of this world. During implementation, I could pick up the phone and call one of two people who I had started building a relationship with. They knew me, our account, our practices --- everything. They waited until I told them I was ready to move to General Support. General Support isn't a bad thing! Our dedicated team of two specialized in implementation and they were released to go work on the next client. General Support is a dedicated group of three or four people who also know me and our practices. They are available when I need them to support any issues or changes that come up. StratEx's support is fantastic.
  • I would like to see the reporting features expanded more. I can build custom reports, but I would love to be able to extract any data point I want to create reports I need.
  • Passive benefit enrollment. Currently, their system doesn't support the ability for employees to remain passively enrolled through each benefit enrollment period. Each year, every employee has to go into the system and re-enroll in benefit elections/deferrals. This isn't complicated for our company and requires extra work on our end.
  • I would like to see social functions built into the site. The site is already a platform many employees are in all the time, so instead of us looking for an intra-net or employee site provider, we could simply use StratEx if the option were available.
I believe StratEx is well suited for any type of business at any size. However, I believe the sweet spot would be hotels and restaurants that are small to midsize. With the right HR staff in place, StratEx is so user-friendly and moldable to the needs of the business that it can be used in any industry, location, or by any company with any employee population.
Read Tyler Collum's full review

StratEx Scorecard Summary

Employee demographic data (1)
Employment history (1)
Job profiles and administration (1)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (1)
Organization and location management (1)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (1)
Pay calculation (1)
Support for external payroll vendors (1)
Benefit plan administration (1)
Direct deposit files (1)
Salary revision and increment management (1)
Approval workflow (1)
Balance details (1)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (1)
View and generate pay and benefit information (1)
Update personal information (1)
View company policy documentation (1)
Tracking of all physical assets (1)
Report builder (1)
Pre-built reports (1)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (1)
New hire portal (1)
Manager tracking tools (1)
Job Requisition Management (1)
Company Website Posting (1)
Publish to Social Media (1)
Job Search Site Posting (1)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (1)
Applicant Tracking (1)
Notifications and Alerts (1)

About StratEx

StratEx headquartered in Chicago offers a cloud-based HR solution.