Sugar Sell (SugarCRM) Reviews

March 26, 2021
Sebastian Cuadras | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I love to use Sugar Sell because it's more user friendly, has more information spred out, a lot faster to use. Looks a lot more updates as well. Can have different tabs open without a problem. Let's management control different information being able to be saved for the sales Department.
Read Sebastian Cuadras's full review
March 09, 2021
Uriel Martinez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

It is the first time that I have worked with a system like Sugar, but it has facilitated the work experience. It is practical, helps with the maintenance of the information of our clients, and does an excellent job keeping the system and the information of the clients updated. [All this] helps us provide better service to our customers.
Read Uriel Martinez's full review
March 09, 2021
ITAI ALCOCER | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have used similar platforms, but they are not listed here because these were developed by companies i have worked with, as in, their own staff developed them or bought the license and it's not listed here, the last one was FRONT2GO.
Read ITAI ALCOCER's full review
March 08, 2021
Carla Peralta | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Well actually this is the first time that I use a CRM like this, I used to work in a different industry.
But I can say that the change was really smooth and I'm happy with the experience overall, it was easy to understand and get used to it.
I can see why companies like this CRM.
Read Carla Peralta's full review
March 02, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Sugar Sell is the only product we found that met the needs of everyone involved in the evaluation process. It can be customized to accomplish just about anything you need, and trust me....we pushed the limits on that. It is a product that our users actually enjoy using which in itself contributes to productivity. We used other CRM tools in the past, and the discontent from our users resulted in consistently declining use and ultimately dropping those products.
October 07, 2019
Kelly Wasden | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We selected SugarCRM from a startup mentality when, in reality, we should have bitten the bullet and opted for something like Copper. Copper is 100% the CRM of choice that is integrated into G-Suite for businesses. I would even take Zoho over Sugar, having implemented it previously. They have tried to give their UI a face lift, but it isn't something that is conducive to a productive workflow in my opinion.
Read Kelly Wasden's full review
June 06, 2018
Emma McCarthy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have used a number of built-from-scratch, customized database software packages. I like the strength of Sugar's backbone, and that it offers tremendous reporting capabilities right off the bat. I also appreciate how flexible it is - it can truly be used for a variety of different business cases. I can see how it would be a powerful tool in a sales arsenal, but we use it for eligibility determination and payment tracking, which is just as effective.
Read Emma McCarthy's full review
May 30, 2018
Peter Fletcher | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Sugar is easier to deploy and use with much a better TCO than Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics. It is much easier to use than its competition, in general, bothe from an end user and an administration viewpoint. It's very simple Licensing Model is easy to understand being user based and including all the tools and Sugar Mobile for a single dollar figure. No extra costs for things like API usage, Workflow tools, Microsoft Office integraition.
Read Peter Fletcher's full review
July 22, 2016
Marc Prince | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We saw a lot of the same desirable features in both platforms. Although Salesforce offered a greater level of support, we did not think it was worth the extra spend, at the end of the day. We have had to do a bit more leg work when it comes to social media intelligence, but in the end our spend on Sugar was less than what Salesforce was offering.
Read Marc Prince's full review
April 08, 2016
Aaron Fisher | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We ultimately selected Salesforce due to the issues faced with SugarCRM however I would recommend SugarCRM to any company that doesn't plan on managing the CRM in house. The costs associated with hiring a Sugar Partner and purchasing multiple licenses are still going to be lower than Salesforce costs most likely and you'll have the same functionality. However if you want a CRM that can be managed in house without a steep learning curve SugarCRM is not the way to go.
Read Aaron Fisher's full review
February 12, 2016
Marissa Schuchat | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have used BMC FootPrints for similar internal IT service tracking and I found updates to be slow. The home page/user interface was not as easy to grasp as SugarCRM's was. SugarCRM was already implemented in my previous organization when I arrived, and I was able to grasp its interface pretty quickly and easily. The fields are very descriptive and the dropdowns usually provide the answer I am looking for.
Read Marissa Schuchat's full review
December 13, 2018

Alternatives Considered

Overall I'd say SugarCRM is a great product. It has some issues here and there with some of the reporting and not having all reporting metrics I'd like but overall its a good product compared to some of the other ones I've used. I would like some of their UI and features to be updated though similar to SFDC. It would be nice to also add some additional visualizations for the reporting as this is often helpful for my team and exec team to review overall progress, growth and trends.

The flexibility is great on all user levels, there is also mobile and desktop access which is great since I travel alot and work from my phone often.

I would suggest this product.
September 29, 2015
Jeff Bickart | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I work for a SugarCRM partner and compete against Salesforce, MS Dynamics. We chose to become a SugarCRM partner because of the open nature of their software stack. Nothing is hidden from users or partners. We have full access to the source-code and can make any time of modification that we see fit to meet our business needs.
Read Jeff Bickart's full review
January 27, 2015
Sid Haas | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

GoldMine was an archaic platform. Adding custom fields was difficult. Reporting was horrible. Sugar CRM blows it out of the water. It's also easier to use and navigate. Having all of the data available from any browser is also a tremendous advantage compared to our private installation of GoldMine which required their software and a VPN connection.
Read Sid Haas's full review
February 10, 2015
Theresa Monturano | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

SugarCRM was very fast and easy to customize. We loved the freedom to quickly create new fields in the system.
Compared to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, where a developer actually has to write code, with Sugar, even a lay person could make changes without screwing anything up. :)
Read Theresa Monturano's full review
January 16, 2014
Andrew Dunifer, MBA/MS MIS | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have used Oracle, Peoplesoft and Goldmine platforms in the past and found that these systems where much easier to use and had very little to any technical issues with the application. To be fair, the aforementioned platforms were mainly used as an end user in some sort of Sales capacity and I did not need to manage the back-end as I do with SugarCRM so there may be issues with those applications that I never saw.
Read Andrew Dunifer, MBA/MS MIS's full review
August 17, 2016

Alternatives Considered

Salesforce Analytics Cloud was much more than we needed for reporting so it didn't make sense to pay the cost for SFDC just for that feature. Callidus Cloud Marketing Automation was very marketing centric and didn't fit our business process as well; would have required more customization than SugarCRM.
August 01, 2016

Alternatives Considered

Sugar is a legacy product for us and given the amount of history and data we have in it, we didn't look too seriously at switching. We decided that despite its flaws, it was still a better decision for us to stick with Sugar and simply bring in a consultant who could help us optimize the system for what we needed. It's been a work in progress but we are satisfied with our decision to continue on with it.
March 18, 2016

Alternatives Considered

SugarCRM is in general better on supporting and handling customization of modules and workflows and is much lighter in terms of the requirements needed to support the platform for clients
June 04, 2016

Alternatives Considered

I inherited this decision and did not have an opportunity to shop. I would have gone with a less expensive product with more built-in marketing integration and better campaign email capabilities. However our executives appreciate the reporting function and I believe this was why the decision was made to go with SugarCRM before my time.
March 08, 2016

Alternatives Considered

HubSpot is considerably better than Sugar, but we don't use the CRM to the fullest extent. We used another CRM that was much better (and program-based, not cloud-based/web-based), but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. It was better as it was easier to search, use, and track leads/clients. However, Sugar it was easier to tag clients by company, which was a bit of a hassle in the other CRM. So at least it has that going for it.
October 02, 2015

Alternatives Considered

More cost effective and allowed us to have it running on our own infrastructure instead of hosted by their servers. This allowed us to write custom code and modules for our specific business needs. Our sales team ended up hating SugarCRM and has moved off it completely and to Salesforce.com We are an odd company because we are using both tools in our organization.

Customer data management / contact management (30)
Workflow management (26)
Territory management (23)
Opportunity management (23)
9.4
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (26)
Contract management (23)
Quote & order management (21)
Interaction tracking (27)
Channel / partner relationship management (22)
Case management (21)
Call center management (17)
9.4
Help desk management (15)
Lead management (20)
Email marketing (21)
Task management (24)
9.2
Billing and invoicing management (16)
Reporting (22)
Forecasting (22)
Pipeline visualization (23)
Customizable reports (25)
Custom fields (27)
Custom objects (24)
Scripting environment (17)
9.5
API for custom integration (23)
9.2
Single sign-on capability (19)
Role-based user permissions (24)
Social data (17)
Social engagement (14)
Marketing automation (17)
Compensation management (11)
Mobile access (18)

What is Sugar Sell (SugarCRM)?

Sugar Sell from SugarCRM is a collaborative CRM, allowing users to track and monitor activities, map each customer’s journey and automate as many workflows as you need to. Sugar Sell is presented by the vendor as lean, fast and integratable with anything.

Sugar Sell replaces former editions of the SugarCRM product, including the SugarCRM Community Edition, the open source edition, which is discontinued.

Sugar Sell (SugarCRM) Integrations