Sugar Sell (SugarCRM) Reviews

Andrew Dunifer, MBA/MS MIS | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2014

SugarCRM Professional - Gets the job done when your organization is tight on a CRM solution budget.

Likelihood to Renew

Our organization will continue to use Sugar as long as it remains cost effective and it addresses the majority of our needs. I will, however, recommend looking into other options once our needs increase and there is additional budget for some bigger named and more robust platform options. I feel if the application was friendlier to end users we would get better productivity as well.
Read Andrew Dunifer, MBA/MS MIS's full review
Jennifer Stewart | TrustRadius Reviewer

SugarCRM

Likelihood to Renew

Our company has a commitment to utilizing technology to help us stay as lean as possible. SugarCRM plays a large part in that.
Read Jennifer Stewart's full review
Stewart Sylvester | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2013

Sugar CRM - The Most Agile CRM Out There

Likelihood to Renew

Sugar is much more affordable than Salesforce.com and gives just as much functionality. What I like about Sugar is that they are more open source company/product and don't lock down their solution to their needs - but rather let the customer determine what modules and functionality are most important to them.
Read Stewart Sylvester's full review
Joelle DiBenedetto | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2013

Sugar CRM Review

Likelihood to Renew

I have been the CRM Administrator at BeyondROI for about four years. In that time we have customized our Sugar, and trained our employees using Sugar with ease. Sugar is easy to learn, change or do what ever you need it to. I find it to be an effective sales tool, keeping our sales team on track. There are many good CRM's out there, its all about the people using them that make the difference.
Read Joelle DiBenedetto's full review
Emmanuel Mwangi | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2013

Great CRM system that needs to be customized carefully.

Likelihood to Renew

I would use it again gladly if I had the need to use a CRM system. It's great for sales teams. It helps alot in managing customers, seeing how the sales team is performing. It helped us create millions of dollars of sales that otherwise wouldn't have happened if we stuck to our previous spreadsheet system.
Read Emmanuel Mwangi's full review
Johnathan Fansler | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2013

Affordable, but like most products, you get what you pay for.

Likelihood to Renew

In my four years with the company, we are just now in the midst of considering another route. Once our team sees the other options available, I imagine they will vote for a new CRM. Again, this system has been a struggle for new users and very slow. It also lacks many of the bells/whistles of other CRMs.
Read Johnathan Fansler's full review
Art Speakman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 13, 2014

SugarCRM Review

Likelihood to Renew

I think that there are better products on the market , Boru being one is a simple sytem, salesforce is another that is better but remember this when purchasing software of this nature . Garbage in garbage out. so if you are purchasing this for a sales team then purchase the highest package available or you are just buying an electronic phone book for the most part.
Read Art Speakman's full review
Tom Kreiner | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 03, 2013

SugarCRM - Easy, Yet Powerful and Customizable Contact Management Solution

Likelihood to Renew

We are a small company and that means a couple of important things.

First, costs are always an issue. We have been working with the Community Edition which is freely distributed. As an IT consulting firm, this has suited our needs well and is obviously very cost effective for us. At some point, we may consider the move to a paid edition for increased functionality, but at the moment, we don't see a need for it.

Second, we need the system to be simple. When you are a small business, you need to spend your time focusing on customers, not on internal systems. The SugarCRM system has been very easy to use and we see it as a tool the help our business.

Finally, we need a system that can grow with our needs. We value the incredible amount of flexibility that the SugarCRM system offers. We have already done a lot to add custom data elements to our system. We have added custom built Dashlets to help show us the information that is important to our business. We have integrated basic reporting so that we can get the data we need from the system in a timely fashion.

For all of these reasons, I can't see us leaving the SugarCRM platform.
Read Tom Kreiner's full review
December 18, 2014

SugarCRM fits the common needs but it may need technical face-lift.

Likelihood to Renew

We may keep using SugarCRM for a couple of years, but we are not really sure if it will fit our needs in a long term, as the number of issues that we have with new modules and simple workflow customizations are growing. Our goal is to have a high satisfaction rate using SugarCRM among our coworkers, and not a week goes by without hearing someone reporting a problem that needs immediate attention.
December 07, 2013

SugarCRM: The Perfect, Customizable Sales Tool

Likelihood to Renew

Sugar has, quite honestly, been the best thing that could have happened for our sales team. We work better both as a team and as individuals. Before SugarCRM, I used Excel spreadsheets to track my clients. If I had to pass them off to someone else in the sales team, I wasn't confident that that client would continue to be successful. With Sugar, if I pass off a client, the new Account Manager has all previous information and records, included all archived emails. Sugar really has been a fantastic tool that I know we won't be leaving any time soon.
December 05, 2013

SugarCRM is User-Friendly with a few kinks to work out

Likelihood to Renew

Overall, the program is great. It's user friendly and extremely intuitive, which is great when an application is being used across different departments. People with different skill levels can easily catch on to the different features and customize their individual user experience. As mentioned in the previous section, I would really like to have more control over the integration of my accounts in SugarCRM and make it my "one-stop-shop" for organizing information pertaining to each of my individual accounts. It seems a little bit difficult to make this happen on the user level. I had to involve at IT professional to go through a check-list of requests and modifications to the program, which took some considerable time. Overall, Sugar CRM was a very efficient tool for organizing contracts, leads, accounts, and historical information. I primarily used the program to save important information about my accounts, such as contact information, previous contracts, pertinent emails, changes to contracts that had come through after the initial contracts were signed, and etcetera. There are a couple of reasons that make this an 8 rather than a 10: the difficulty customizing modules for individual users at the user level and the frustrating experience of using the search.
December 04, 2013

No need to ask the neighbor, you've got Sugar CRM

Likelihood to Renew

The most important point of using a CRM is that it can efficiently, and seamlessly allow your account managers to find and give accounts the attention they need. Sugar has done this for us in the past, it does it now, and it will unequivocally keep doing it the future. I have confidence that as the product evolves and improves, so will our ability to use it more and more effectively. There is also the fact that we can customize it as we please, which means that if our business changes so can our CRM. Adaptability is key in the tech world, as is your ability to do more with less. Sugar allows us to be extremely adaptable, and it enables us to do more with what we have.

The Sugar CRM Advantage

Likelihood to Renew

I would recommend renewing SugarCRM to my previous employer as I had a good experience using it. It helped me keep track of my contacts and interactions, allowing for seamless transition from one call to the next. I knew exactly what stage of the sales cycle I was in with each customer I spoke with so there was not any awkward repetition from my end. I did not give my full support due to my lack of experience with competing CRM solutions.
December 10, 2013

Sugar works and gets the job done...I call it Old Faithful.

Likelihood to Renew

I gave it a 7 out of 10 because its a useful CRM platform and after using a few others, Sugar is easy to use and not too complicated. The platform is straightforward. However, the simplicity of functionality may have affected its capability to be more innovative and more advanced with the features it performs. I have seen systems that integrate and combine with other systems like Microsoft Outlook or iCal. Sugar doesn't do that well in comparison to other CRM platforms.

SugarCRM can be sweet!

Likelihood to Renew

I think it a phenomenal option for small to medium sized businesses. The support that we received was also critical to our success after implementation. I was not able to renew with Sugar since I moved on to another role in a different organization, but I recommended to my friend that her company try it out, and they are still a user to this day.

Customer data management / contact management (25)
Workflow management (22)
Territory management (19)
Opportunity management (20)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (21)
Contract management (20)
Quote & order management (18)
Interaction tracking (23)
Channel / partner relationship management (18)
Case management (17)
6.6
Call center management (13)
Help desk management (12)
Lead management (17)
Email marketing (17)
6.7
Task management (20)
Billing and invoicing management (12)
Reporting (18)
Forecasting (19)
Pipeline visualization (20)
Customizable reports (21)
Custom fields (23)
Custom objects (20)
Scripting environment (14)
API for custom integration (20)
Single sign-on capability (16)
Role-based user permissions (19)
Social data (13)
Social engagement (11)
Marketing automation (14)
Compensation management (8)
Mobile access (15)

About Sugar Sell (SugarCRM)

Sugar Sell from SugarCRM is a collaborative CRM, allowing users to track and monitor activities, map each customer’s journey and automate as many workflows as you need to. Sugar Sell is presented by the vendor as lean, fast and integratable with anything.

Sugar Sell replaces former editions of the SugarCRM product, including the SugarCRM Community Edition, the open source edition, which is discontinued.

Sugar Sell (SugarCRM) Integrations