SugarSync is a cloud storage and backup solution designed for small businesses.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ad/op/U3X43IMQHHHJ.PNGSugarSync USED to be good - but we've now moved awayWe used SugarSync for years - and loved it. We could easily sync multiple folders across our computers - and it all just magically worked... Until it got buggy, we discovered that support was non-existent. Entire folders disappeared. Entire folders suddenly duplicated - giving two copies each of "2,000" files... It was bought out a bit before - I can only wonder if it got turned into a cash cow - with no investment in support/quality. Moving away was not as bad as I expected and we now use OneDrive instead - slightly more complex in that you have personal "private" folders, work "private" folders - and shared folders. The shared files are very well integrated with Microsoft Teams etc.,Sync files in any folder - rather than forcing you to store them in a certain place (Although this can be confusing too) Works in the background - although this is true for all You can share with others - including those who do not use SugarSync,Customer support appeared non-existent Product got very buggy - losing / duplicating folders at random,3,We would never not have a product like SugarSync - so hard to name an ROI. Losing files was very frustrating - so negative there (several person days?),OneDriveMy reliable backboneSugarSync saves the day! Since I started the business in 2011 I have been using software for syncing between units. First I had only Google drive but it was at that point too unreliable. We create campaigns and websites for Swedish companies and therefore we have to use different hardware and browsers. So I have 2 PCs, one Mac, Android tablet, phone and carry different combinations to my customer meetings. But I do need the same files! After starting with SugarSync, I have more or less been able to forget about remembering to download "that file" all "those images" because they are always there on any unit! Everybody knows how awful it is to be in a meeting having forgotten to download that old presentation the customer suddenly wants to see. And working at home or when you need a quote on the laptop that is in the office and maybe images that need to be sent during your vacation. Since SugarSync allows you to save everything in the cloud you have access to your file if you have access to the Internet.,Syncing between PC and MAC. Works perfectly. Easy to set up and looks more or less the same. So you don't have to learn new ways. Syncing to the cloud. If a crises occur I can log in to my files with any laptop, android, Iphone and send that file the customer urgently needs. Stability. Very very seldom I can't find a file, and usually I'm to blame, by misplacing the file in an unsyncable folder. But usually It simply works. I seldom think about the process that iw working in the background - because I don't have to.,Can only think of one thing. I have helped others to get going with SugarSync and they if they have problems it is understanding the cloud.... So maybe (if it dosen't exist already) I would like to have a animation of the proces with "flying" folders between desktops, clouds etc. Otherwise SugarSync is just great.,10,Customer satisfaction and reliability. I have control over all files and can quickly send files or fix things my customer needs. Ease of mind. I don't have to worry about backup! I have my files! And that is the most important thing in my business,Wuala, Google Drive, MS SharePoint / SQL and KeepItSafe Online Backup,Vtiger, ManageWP,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,Today there are more reviews available to analyze and I would probably simply read more comment.SugarSync - The Best Backup AroundI use SugarSync as a personal solution for my business. SugarSync enables me to know my entire documents and desktop folders are always backed up as well as access my data remotely, anytime. The biggest problem it solves for me is remote access. As a small business, we don't have fancy "remote" servers to access our data from anywhere, but SugarSync allows me to access any document, at any time, simply from my phone.,Backs up selected folders from your hard drive (i.e. unlike DropBox you can leave your files where they are - they don't need to be in a specific folder to sync). Allows for easy mobile access; awesome iPhone applications means my files are always just a click away. Runs in the background without me ever noticing.,I wish I could more easily see what files are being synced as it happens; sometimes I am nervous that something is too large to sync or isn't done syncing before I close my computer. On a mac, it would be nice if the bird logo didn't constantly appear at the bottom of my screen and it ran truly incognito.,10,I've used it for 9 years, so the impact is definitely positive. It has enabled me to always feel confident that I won't lose my data. At times when I have accidentally saved-over rather than saved-as, the versioning tool allows me to quickly find the old version and recover it. The mobile application makes my data available to me at all times - increasing my ability to do business from anywhere.,Dropbox, Box and Google Drive,Dropbox, Google Drive, EventbriteSugarSync - good technology with dishonest business practicesI have used SugarSync to keep data in sync between my mobile devices and my work laptop.,Excellent transfer speed. Able to synchronize multiple disjoint folders. Excellent retention of deleted files. They can be restored by using their web interface.,SugarSync has dishonest business practices. They make it extremely difficult for an exiting customer to cancel their account; this leads to yearly charges for unused services (similar to the old ColumbiaHouse practices). The prices for their product is high.,1,I cannot quantify the ROI for this product. It is just a commodity technology now...,Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Dropbox for Business and MEGA,MEGA, Dropbox for Business, OneDriveThe best way for business collaboration and code syncing.Currently we use SugarSync to group sync and backup code developed to ensure stability and current development release between the coders. This allows us to seamlessly update code without too many out of sync revisions which is critical for our in house development.,Seamless syncing Backup of critical data Easy Colaboration,A free version, 30 days is sometimes not long enough to see if it is suited for a project or business.,9,There were some opensource alternatives but we wanted something with better support which SugarSync offers. We achieved faster project collaboration with SugarSync.,Owncloud and Google Drive,VMware ESXi, Apache Web Server,27,,Coding Development Critical Backup Versioning,Quick Sharing,DR Syncing for disaster recovery.,9
SugarSync

SugarSync Reviews

SugarSync
Filter 21 vetted SugarSync reviews and ratings
December 18, 2017

Review: "SugarSync USED to be good - but we've now moved away"

• Sync files in any folder - rather than forcing you to store them in a certain place (Although this can be confusing too)
  • Works in the background - although this is true for all
  • You can share with others - including those who do not use SugarSync
  • Customer support appeared non-existent
  • Product got very buggy - losing / duplicating folders at random
As with all file sharing, remote teams - the combination of being able to work alongside colleagues - or remotely (including "on a plane" / without Internet) - but always have your files saved locally makes it very easy to adopt.
Read Tom Ball's full review
December 07, 2017

SugarSync Review: "My reliable backbone"

SugarSync saves the day!

Since I started the business in 2011 I have been using software for syncing between units. First I had only Google Drive but it was at that point too unreliable. We create campaigns and websites for Swedish companies and therefore we have to use different hardware and browsers. So I have 2 PCs, one Mac, Android tablet, phone and carry different combinations to my customer meetings.

• Syncing between PC and MAC. Works perfectly. Easy to set up and looks more or less the same. So you don't have to learn new ways.
  • Syncing to the cloud. If a crises occur I can log in to my files with any laptop, android, Iphone and send that file the customer urgently needs.
  • Stability. Very very seldom I can't find a file, and usually I'm to blame, by misplacing the file in an unsyncable folder. But usually It simply works. I seldom think about the process that iw working in the background - because I don't have to.
  • Can only think of one thing. I have helped others to get going with SugarSync and they if they have problems it is understanding the cloud.... So maybe (if it dosen't exist already) I would like to have a animation of the proces with "flying" folders between desktops, clouds etc. Otherwise SugarSync is just great.
SugarSync works wonders for
- people who need to access files from different units
- people that work from different offices, home or on trips
- people that have customer meetings out of office
- Anybody who want a safe cloud based backup

SugarSync might not be needed for
-people who always works at one place from one computer if another backup function is avialable
Read AnnA Lundgren's full review
March 24, 2017

User Review: "SugarSync - The Best Backup Around"

• Backs up selected folders from your hard drive (i.e. unlike Dropbox you can leave your files where they are - they don't need to be in a specific folder to sync).
  • Allows for easy mobile access; awesome iPhone applications means my files are always just a click away.
  • Runs in the background without me ever noticing.
  • I wish I could more easily see what files are being synced as it happens; sometimes I am nervous that something is too large to sync or isn't done syncing before I close my computer.
  • On a mac, it would be nice if the bird logo didn't constantly appear at the bottom of my screen and it ran truly incognito.
SugarSync is best as an individual backup tool and remote access tool. In my opinion, SugarSync is less useful in multi-user scenarios. It is really more of a personal business solution, as opposed to a more organizational solution.
Read Richard Foster's full review
January 06, 2017

Review: "SugarSync - good technology with dishonest business practices"

• Excellent transfer speed.
  • Able to synchronize multiple disjoint folders.
  • Excellent retention of deleted files. They can be restored by using their web interface.
  • SugarSync has dishonest business practices. They make it extremely difficult for an exiting customer to cancel their account; this leads to yearly charges for unused services (similar to the old ColumbiaHouse practices).
  • The prices for their product is high.
SugarSync is a great technology, but their dishonest business practices and weak marketing inhibited their market development to the product's real potential. Now, it is too late for them; there are many great products on the market at better prices and with greater respect towards their existing or prospective customers. It does not matter how great their product is when there are many competitors doing the same thing but with better prices and providing better services.
January 04, 2016

SugarSync Review: "The best way for business collaboration and code syncing."

• Seamless syncing
  • Backup of critical data
  • Easy Colaboration
  • A free version, 30 days is sometimes not long enough to see if it is suited for a project or business.
It is well suited for our needs for collaboration and backups. It would be less suited for someone just looking for online storage for personal use.
Read Alan Matson, CCNA:S, MCP's full review
June 27, 2014

User Review: "SugarSync, the good and the bad"

SugarSync is being used as a backup assurance for my company in our post-production department. We use it to back up multi-million dollar project files and select assets daily. My initial thought on SugarSync was for it to be constantly syncing our files without much oversight required. It has not worked out as promised by SugarSync videos.

As far as doing an initial backup, SugarSync the program works great! Our account went over our storage limit once, we instantly removed some files, but since it went over it would no longer sync. I had to manually delete everything from SugarSync and re-sync the folder for SugarSync to start working again. Since this happened, SugarSync does not sync files daily- it usually requires forced syncing.

The idea of SugarSync is a great one, I love what it is supposed to do, I just have not had the success I hoped for. I have been in touch with SugarSync support staff multiple times and they are pleasant to work with, but for the most part, unhelpful. All they can recommend is to wipe your account and re-sync all files.
  • Great for bulk backups if you do not require syncing.
  • Can give peace of mind if you do not go over your storage quota.
  • Once you go over your storage quota once, it seems that the account will not work properly with syncing.
I believe that SugarSync would work great for any person or business looking to backup a large amount of data without the need to have newer files synced. A big selling point for SugarSync is their desktop app- we do not use it. If you are looking to do backups without management, you will not use that tool often.
Read Daniel Joyce's full review
May 06, 2016

Review: "SugarSync is a good all around performer for cloud based file syncing."

It was being used in the past, but found it can be a challenge to administer. If files got out of sycn we would have to start a process all over again Customers continue to be "confused' by cloud files and local files. This is a general comment for all cloud file sharing sync solutions.
  • Good for 5 or so employees that need to share a small amount of files
  • Keeps files synced
  • collaboration
  • How can we sync more files?
  • Easier interface for end users
  • Decrease resources
tough to use with larger organizations. Seems to work best with small firms.
February 22, 2014

User Review: "Sugarsync is worse sync app ever..."

I have used SugarSync as the Sync app. I have suggested that many companies to purchase SugarSync as it was better layered than Dropbox. But SugarSync didn't want to continue with charity accounts so they closed all the free accounts including mine, which contained more than 100gb of data at the time.
  • Sync app
  • Sync with any device, even mobile devices
  • Sync quickly compared to other Sync apps
  • Let free users contine to use it, as they are the ones who spread the word about this app
  • Improve on Windows 8 app
  • Share files simultaneously
I will never ever recommend SugarSync to any of my colleagues or my fellow developers.

Versioning (4)
3.9
Access control (6)
File search (6)
Device sync (6)
User and role management (5)
File organization (6)
Device management (6)
Performance (6)
Reliability (6)
Storage Reports (4)

About SugarSync

SugarSync is a cloud storage and backup solution designed for small businesses.