Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- Enterprise Search - which is a global search where you can search and filter the courses, people, navigation links, reports, etc. This can also be customized based on the organizations' needs
- Administration - Administration / Configurations available for Administrators and Managers are highly commendable. It has help manual as well to refer in case if we stuck somewhere. It reduces the efforts to reach out to support team or SumTotal technical team. This can be customized, meaning, the permissions and restrictions can be customized based on the security role.
- Gamification - Awards & Ba and the leader board are the stimuli for the learners. This helps improving self-motivated learning.
- "Self" Tab for the user profile is very impressive. It has the users' profile, learning widgets, leader board, reports, etc.
- "My Team" Tab almost manages the entire team's learning activities and the levels, etc
- "Library" Tab helps accessing the entire catalog with advanced filters
- Reports and Analytics help the organization to analyse the overall performance.
- The application can be integrated with other 3rd party applications such as Work Day, Enterprise Document Management System, Collaboration tools, UI Framework such as Drupal, etc.
- Complies with all standards for Life Science Industry and in compliance with GDPR regulations as well
- Using Library Tab and Learning link (under Self Tab) are always confusing, sometimes we miss the track
- License cost is comparatively high
- Its a SaaS product and could not be customized to the level organization wants
If the organization is small or medium-sized, then the license and implementation cost would be slightly high. However we get the value for the investment.
- Calculates pay and taxes
- Mass importing of manual checks to be issued in California
- Ability to fund pay cards immediately
- Perform gross-up calculations within the payroll system automatically
- Clean front-end user interface.
- Custom layouts for front page and individual users.
- Flexibility on user roles.
- Navigation (too many clicks to get anything done).
- Reporting is complicated.
- Buttons everywhere that don't do anything.
- Features enabled that don't fully work or function the way they should.
- Support for the product is lacking.
- It allows for simulations to address complex scenarios in the healthcare setting.
- We can quickly review reports to see completion rate of an activity.
- We have empowered our upper managment to utilize the tracking functionality to have quicker compliance on education modules.
- Staff would like to see the links of assigned training to allow users to launch into an activity
- Offer more reports within the programs so users dont have to make their own
- Assign complete learning plans to users so they don't have to spend time searching for courses.
- Export learner's transcripts so managers can easily see their employee's progress.
- Embed Social Media feeds that are relevant to their business.
- I don't think we can build courses using Maestro. We rely strictly on third party software for course development.
- Creating custom reports can be challenging.
- Since we have to manage our total number of monthly active users, many of our manager's accounts go inactive. Once they're inactive, they stop receiving any notifications from their employee's course completions.
- The user interface is dated looking. Many of the newer LMSs have more of a Windows 8 look and feel, which is what newer users are wanting.
- Easily customizable notifications
- TMU tool allows for quick mass uploads
- Configurable front end
- JasperSoft Reporting - it is difficult to use and manage.
- Exams could be more robust. Offering alternate types of questions.
- Too many clicks on the administrator side. Adding new activities is not intuitive, you need to click through each section to determine what needs to be entered where. Would be better if it was guided for new activities, just prompting for 'required' fields.
- SumTotal has a very user friendly design, making it easy for non-programmers to configure their LMS interface, customize various environments for different groups, and to integrate numerous external web applications through iFraming, such as social media or news feeds. I was able to configure a custom environment for several different clients, making it feel like their own LMS, such as a custom color scheme and logos, custom widgets (which are section of any page), news feeds, training messages, and custom learning plans.
- SumTotal can not yet support media-rich mobile learning. Our eLearning design use instructional video, text, interactions, pop-ups with course resources and other information, etc... The SumTotal mobile capability right now does not support our design; ie our pop-ups won't pop-up, even those that simply open a PDF or document, and non of the hyperlinks will work.
SumTotal Talent Development Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SumTotal Talent Development
To thrive in an ever-changing world, individuals and organizations need adaptability, agility, and resilience. SumTotal aims to help develop these essential skills through powering a journey of learning and people development that is curated, compliant, predictive and generates measurable outcomes.
SumTotal states learning-centered talent development is the heart of HR and HR Technology and that now, more than ever, building a culture of learning is critical to growth and business sustainability. SumTotal provides a unified Talent Development suite delivering measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. The solution delivers the following modules:
- SumTotal Learning Management
- SumTotal Recruiting
- SumTotal Onboarding
- SumTotal Performance
- SumTotal Succession
- SumTotal Compensation
SumTotal works in partnership with users to configure a solution that matches customers' unique needs and processes for learning and talent management, with satisfaction and business success as the primary objective.
SumTotal brings a team of dedicated customer success, support and professional services experts to help users achieve their learning and talent development goals; they state they aim to be a true partner to help organizations thrive in a changing business landscape.
SumTotal Talent Development Screenshots
SumTotal Talent Development Competitors
SumTotal Talent Development Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
SumTotal Talent Development Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||75%|
SumTotal Talent Development Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||English (US), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, French (Canada), German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Korean, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Slovenian, Slovakian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu|