Sungard AS Managed Hosting Reviews

Chandrabhan Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sungard is a decent company with good products. My organization always felt that my department needs the easy data sharing. We sought out to many products. One of them which I personally tried and tested is Sungard's. The interaction between teams using data has become more convenient. It has given structure to various reports.
  • It has a great advantage for inter-team sharing
  • For large data, I found it convenient.
  • I have seen great structure in reports followed
  • If handling with multiple files, I found it tough
  • The support of new features was not up to the mark
  • I found many modules confusing.
When shared with multiple teams, I could not find many products better than this. I enjoyed working in this aspect, it was smooth in cross-teams transferring. They have a good foundation of technology I would say, the thing it is lacking is in the usability for non-technical people. I have seen many struggling with this aspect.
Read Chandrabhan Singh's full review
Himanshu Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
It has made reporting easier, multiple departments can interact and follow the process easily. The technology is robust and scripting works in optimized manner. The problem we had is there was no process defined for reporting and Sungard gave us a good solution in their product. I would rate this product high on analyzing the cross-departments interaction. But, the specific tool set one would need requires help.
  • When interacting across departments, it gives you symmetric flow.
  • Even reporting process is good across departments.
  • I found it beneficial in accessing the large files.
  • I needed support for many modules, where I think I was not satisfied.
  • The detailing of each module is lacking.
  • If you form clutter of files, there is no solution for it.
In terms of across department interaction with files, it is very well suited. It gives you a defined process and scripts support the product very well. Also, if process is defined I don't have the confusion to provide it the instructions passing on to another department. I wouldn't use it in hustling situation as it breaks.
Read Himanshu Singh's full review

Sungard AS Managed Hosting Scorecard Summary

Service-level Agreement (SLA) uptime (2)
5.5
Dynamic scaling (2)
Elastic load balancing (2)
5.0
Pre-configured templates (2)
4.5
Monitoring tools (2)
5.5
Pre-defined machine images (2)
6.0
Operating system support (2)
5.0
Security controls (2)
6.5

About Sungard AS Managed Hosting

Sungard Availability Services Managed Hosting provides IaaS with a variety of managed hosting options such as mainframe services, monitoring services, managed servers, and storage. With this offering, Sungard architects, integrates, and administers users’ infrastructure.

According to the vendor, with Sungard AS Managed Hosting, users can deliver improved operational results and spur business growth by using their managed IT services that provide the freedom and flexibility to enter new markets and launch products and services quickly. Sungard takes care of routine maintenance, including monitoring, patching, capacity planning and hardware refreshes.

Sungard AS Managed Hosting Technical Details